Clonoe v Dromore

Galbally v Omagh

Carrickmore v Donaghmore

Killyclogher v Coalisland

Ardboe v Loughmacrory

Dungannon v Derrylaughan

Eglish v Moy

omagh_gael

Great to see the u19 grade up and going. Seems to be more interest in it compared to the u21 grade. Great to have another grade as so many lads with bad birthdays were more or less done with football when they hit 16.5

clarshack

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 20, 2021, 04:36:51 PM
Great to see the u19 grade up and going. Seems to be more interest in it compared to the u21 grade. Great to have another grade as so many lads with bad birthdays were more or less done with football when they hit 16.5

thought the grades at club level were to mirror county level?

omagh_gael

Don't know how it came about but brilliant to see more football for lads at that age. Crazy to think that after 16 many lads only had senior/reserve football to focus on, and we wonder why drop out so high.

Some amount of football going on these days after the lockdown:

Wed- u13
Thursday - u17
Fridays - senior
Saturday - u15
Sunday - u19

Under Lights

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 21, 2021, 11:51:30 AM
Don't know how it came about but brilliant to see more football for lads at that age. Crazy to think that after 16 many lads only had senior/reserve football to focus on, and we wonder why drop out so high.

Some amount of football going on these days after the lockdown:

Wed- u13
Thursday - u17
Fridays - senior
Saturday - u15
Sunday - u19

Whilst great at times, its very taxing on small clubs with coaches and some players doubling up.

Onthe40

Saturdays - u7 & u9
Sundays - u11

Onthe40

small clubs and parents with 2-3 lads are getting hammered..from a coaching perspective theres no room for training, just matches, esp where lads overlap between age groups i.e. in all small clubs

Mikhailov

The underage schedule is crazy. Someone said that after 16 lads had to go direct to senior / reserve level. Sure they has minor to play or at worst would have had U17.

However, onto the main point - this schedule will be totally detrimental in my opinion.

Lads will have too much football, coaches will have too much football all leading to burn out. There has been no social life for young lads for the last 6 months and now we are asking them to play on Sunday mornings!!!!!!

Small clubs will suffer, lads will get burned out to the point whereby they will walk away. No training to enjoy - game after game with added pressure that you must win (which is the normal now expected at all levels). Very few teams are playing for enjoyment now. There is far too much effort put in to just go our and 'enjoy it' anymore.

Rest and recovery are vital to allow high performance but obviously this was not accounted for when the plan was put in place.

omagh_gael

Going to disagree there Mikhailov. Yes there is big pressure on clubs/parents, which I know 1st hand as I both coach and my lads and girl play at u8/9/11s. However, surely more games/less training is what most people were looking for?

Only u11s are playing Sunday mornings, I know things have moved on but my 10 year old hasn't reached the stage of hitting Sally's on a Saturday night yet!

LeoMc

Too few games, too many games. What is the magic number?

Taylor

Quote from: Mikhailov on May 21, 2021, 01:29:02 PM
The underage schedule is crazy. Someone said that after 16 lads had to go direct to senior / reserve level. Sure they has minor to play or at worst would have had U17.

However, onto the main point - this schedule will be totally detrimental in my opinion.

Lads will have too much football, coaches will have too much football all leading to burn out. There has been no social life for young lads for the last 6 months and now we are asking them to play on Sunday mornings!!!!!!

Small clubs will suffer, lads will get burned out to the point whereby they will walk away. No training to enjoy - game after game with added pressure that you must win (which is the normal now expected at all levels). Very few teams are playing for enjoyment now. There is far too much effort put in to just go our and 'enjoy it' anymore.

Rest and recovery are vital to allow high performance but obviously this was not accounted for when the plan was put in place.

Too many games?
I have genuinely never heard anyone complain of this.

The most common complaint is too few games and lads spend their time training.

Mikhailov

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 21, 2021, 02:10:26 PM
Going to disagree there Mikhailov. Yes there is big pressure on clubs/parents, which I know 1st hand as I both coach and my lads and girl play at u8/9/11s. However, surely more games/less training is what most people were looking for?

Only u11s are playing Sunday mornings, I know things have moved on but my 10 year old hasn't reached the stage of hitting Sally's on a Saturday night yet!

U19 league is on Sunday morning also

Mikhailov

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 21, 2021, 02:10:26 PM

Omagh Gael, of course you can disagree - it is all about opinion. You said your eldest is playing U11 which as far as I know is non competitive but still requires a big commitment from youngsters and parents. Wait until they are teenagers, expected to play for 2 club teams, do their S&C, possibly be on school team or academy team - then multiply that by 2 or 3 kids then you understand where I am coming from. Then factor in education & school pressures as well.

Surely at the minute the 13/15/17/19 age groupings don't all need to be played at the same time.

laceer

All age groups running at once is putting the pressure on our club at the minute but I'd rather be in this position than where we were at this time last year!
When things settle down it would be best for u13/u17 to be run off at same time with u15/u19 at a different time of year.

GetOverTheBar

You have to run them all at the same time otherwise they see their wee brothers, cousins or friends maybe away playing football and it isn't their turn yet.

Be a headache. Moreso than doing this. One off for the year, just have to grin and bear it for what it is.