Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 17, 2021, 01:21:24 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on December 17, 2021, 11:43:43 AM
Donaghmore thirds? Is that a thing?

Won't be a thing for too long. A serious commitment from a club of that size to keep a creditable 3rds team going - fair play for trying but I feel it will be too much for them
I think it is a good move, maybe a year too soon. They have serious numbers coming through and Ned to keep them involved.
If you have 2 minor teams (38+players) and only. 2-3 make Senior in the following year you lose a lot of late developers, especially as it is now u17.

tiempo

Quote from: LeoMc on December 17, 2021, 01:33:06 PM

Won't be a thing for too long. A serious commitment from a club of that size to keep a creditable 3rds team going - fair play for trying but I feel it will be too much for them
I think it is a good move, maybe a year too soon. They have serious numbers coming through and Ned to keep them involved.
If you have 2 minor teams (38+players) and only. 2-3 make Senior in the following year you lose a lot of late developers, especially as it is now u17.

Great move and great to see, ambitious and keeps lads of all ages and abilities playing longer, you're a long time retired. Really great way to target late developers too. If Adrian Cush togs out I'll happily pay at the gate!

Tyrone95

Quote from: tiempo on December 17, 2021, 01:45:53 PM

Great move and great to see, ambitious and keeps lads of all ages and abilities playing longer, you're a long time retired. Really great way to target late developers too. If Adrian Cush togs out I'll happily pay at the gate!
I'm not so sure.. we experimented with a thirds team for a year or 2 and I would say most people in the club have mixed feelings about it. It kept older boys who weren't fit for senior or reserve football out and at it and younger boys just coming out of minor a bit of game time. I think unless you can keep men motivated and playing a considerably decent level it eventually falls through and numbers start dwindling away as your good young players are taken into senior and reserve panels. Fair play to donaghmore for the ambition but I'd give it 2 years max

WeeDonns

Quote from: Tyrone95 on December 17, 2021, 02:00:09 PM
Quote from: tiempo on December 17, 2021, 01:45:53 PM

I'm not so sure.. we experimented with a thirds team for a year or 2 and I would say most people in the club have mixed feelings about it. It kept older boys who weren't fit for senior or reserve football out and at it and younger boys just coming out of minor a bit of game time. I think unless you can keep men motivated and playing a considerably decent level it eventually falls through and numbers start dwindling away as your good young players are taken into senior and reserve panels. Fair play to donaghmore for the ambition but I'd give it 2 years max

Have said it before on this board; there is demand for a social league in Tyrone.

A thirds team as you have described, competing in a Division 3 league from April to December with breaks for county football etc will run out of steam.
A 6-8 week league in the best months of the year with games on a week night would suit a lot of guys who don't play at all any more

Under Lights

Donaghmore had 7 players on Tyrone under 17s in 2021 and I believe they have the same on the under 17 panel for 2022.

Tyrone Gaa

Well done to Carrickmore on winning the league.

An expectant Errigal side fail to get over the line AGAIN.

Living the dream!!!

Snapchap

Quote from: sam03/05 on December 15, 2021, 03:50:56 PM
Errigal are a 7-10 point better team than Carmen
They should win easily

Quote from: Under Lights on December 15, 2021, 01:42:37 PM
Errigal by about 5 or 6 I think.

Any more top tips there lads?

GKunion

Quote from: GKunion on December 15, 2021, 01:07:59 PM
Predictions for this Saturday? Wouldn't like to see either win it but is what it is can see Carrickmore winning by small margin. That Errigal super team don't seem to step up when there's something on the line only thing they can take away from this year is their appeal win
And there it is. Fair play to Carrickmore, Errigal will be back next year if rumours of McCarron turn fact adding to the future ulster winners

Localexpert

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on December 18, 2021, 03:04:13 PM
Well done to Carrickmore on winning the league.

An expectant Errigal side fail to get over the line AGAIN.

The man made parish team just don't like meeting the traditional power houses of tyrone football these days  ::)

Tyrone11234

In other news Moortin in the Ulster final

Aaron Boone

Quote from: GKunion on December 18, 2021, 04:02:06 PM
Quote from: GKunion on December 15, 2021, 01:07:59 PM
Predictions for this Saturday? Wouldn't like to see either win it but is what it is can see Carrickmore winning by small margin. That Errigal super team don't seem to step up when there's something on the line only thing they can take away from this year is their appeal win
And there it is. Fair play to Carrickmore, Errigal will be back next year if rumours of McCarron turn fact adding to the future ulster winners

A what-might-have-been year for Errigal.  There is a top team in there and McCarron could be the key to open that lock. 

skeog

Give it a rest what might have been is like wishing for holy water in an OL.Says something if Errigal are depending on a Monaghan man to arrive.

toby47

Has McCarron been confirmed or still rumours?

Tyrone11234

Quote from: skeog on December 19, 2021, 10:33:03 AM
Give it a rest what might have been is like wishing for holy water in an OL.Says something if Errigal are depending on a Monaghan man to arrive.
Yes.

Goals_Will_Come