The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: Gmac on August 23, 2021, 02:46:50 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2021, 07:34:47 AM
Afghanistan is all on Joe? Close the thread or topic on that. I thought Irish politics was blinkered
the disaster of a withdrawal is all on him, well that's what he says

Did he say it is all on him or that he wouldnt shrink from his share of responsibility?

Gmac

Quote from: Taylor on August 23, 2021, 03:44:56 PM
Afghanistan is all on Joe? Close the thread or topic on that. I thought Irish politics was blinkered

Did he say it is all on him or that he wouldnt shrink from his share of responsibility?
he said the buck stops with him . Then blamed everyone he could think of .
What sane president leaves thousands of us citizens behind enemy lines and has to ask a terrorist organization to help them .

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gmac on August 23, 2021, 03:48:45 PM

What sane president leaves thousands of us citizens behind enemy lines and has to ask a terrorist organization to help them .

So should they stay? Lets have more bloodshed, more carnage more occupation. I don't know what you want but either way this is a shit storm no matter what call is made and by who. I love the way the brits are blaming the US for leaving, and the minute they said they were the Afghan security burnt their uniforms and headed back to their villages. More backbone in a jellyfish
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kickham csc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 24, 2021, 09:23:47 AM

So should they stay? Lets have more bloodshed, more carnage more occupation. I don't know what you want but either way this is a shit storm no matter what call is made and by who. I love the way the brits are blaming the US for leaving, and the minute they said they were the Afghan security burnt their uniforms and headed back to their villages. More backbone in a jellyfish

I'm a Joe supporter, voted for him, but the execution of the withdrawal is all on him.

FFS, there is a fighting season in Afghanistan, and a winter season when nothing happens. Why not delay the withdrawal till the winter, then take 6 months to make sure everyone is out. The Democrats are scoring own goals, first the border, when they were not prepared for the surge, and now the withdrawal, where they were clearly not prepared. They can't have another f**k up. 2024 election is not that far away and they need to stop giving the republicans easy ammunition 

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on August 22, 2021, 09:02:41 PM
Quote from: Gmac on August 22, 2021, 06:18:56 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 22, 2021, 06:09:34 PM
Quote from: Gmac on August 22, 2021, 05:48:53 PM
Complete disaster in Afghanistan
Southern border another disaster
Inflation
Cutting our own energy supply
Covid still rampant
Jan 6 another cover up
Like they used to say for four years it's only 10am on Sunday impeach this clown

Jan 6 cover-up? Pease do tell us more you f**king clown.

More of the energy supply bullshit which I showed to be pure nonsense the other week?

Inflation? What does Biden do about the computer chips and the surge in second hand car demand? The increased demand for hotel rooms as people travel more internally? The global supply chain issues combined with increased demand driving shortages in things like furniture?

Covid ?  Are you f**king serious? The absolute gall of you; you were on here spreading moronic, half-baked misinformation a couple of weeks ago, nonsense you no doubt picked up from right media and politicians. The same kind of shite that's lengthening the pandemic.
jan 6 might be hitting to close to home same with fake Michigan gov kidnapping.
I said something about pcr tests that has nothing to do with covid still being rampant.
A clown would be someone who can't see joe Biden is unfortunately cognitively challenged or is is still gaffes ? The gaffes are starting to cost tens of thousands of lives.

Ok, I'll play along, one last time.

Really!!  Will this be the last time or maybe this will be the last time?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kickham csc on August 24, 2021, 06:12:26 PM

I'm a Joe supporter, voted for him, but the execution of the withdrawal is all on him.

FFS, there is a fighting season in Afghanistan, and a winter season when nothing happens. Why not delay the withdrawal till the winter, then take 6 months to make sure everyone is out. The Democrats are scoring own goals, first the border, when they were not prepared for the surge, and now the withdrawal, where they were clearly not prepared. They can't have another f**k up. 2024 election is not that far away and they need to stop giving the republicans easy ammunition

If the evacuation is in six months you'll still have a Taliban government with 38 million people still living there, would it not be better to legitimatise them and give them recognition and work with them to help stabilise things long term?

It will take a lot longer and the blood letting will continue for a while, as it does in all civil upheavals but to use embargoes will only hurt those that need it and that seems to be a way they want to go!

I said it's a shit storm, but six months down the line there'd still be people waiting/wanting to get out. I've no interest in American politics, they seem worse than ours and that takes some doing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

That's the decision Pompeo made IIRC was to withdraw in May 2021 when he agreed for the US to leave with their tales between their legs.
With only a bare bones force of 2500 US troops left Biden was in no position to do anything about this agreement and yes, he's handled it badly but evidently knows it won't hurt him at home for any great length of time.
There'll be zero fĂșcks given for Afghanistan once there's no political mileage from it in a few months time.

seafoid

The Yanks spent $2.6 trillion in Afghanistan. None of this made its way down to village level. They proppsed up a corrupt Government.
They dug their own grave.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

whitey

Quote from: johnnycool on August 25, 2021, 09:13:43 AM

That's the decision Pompeo made IIRC was to withdraw in May 2021 when he agreed for the US to leave with their tales between their legs.
With only a bare bones force of 2500 US troops left Biden was in no position to do anything about this agreement and yes, he's handled it badly but evidently knows it won't hurt him at home for any great length of time.
There'll be zero fĂșcks given for Afghanistan once there's no political mileage from it in a few months time.

Believe whatever you want, but it is now clear he ignored the advice of his top generals and aides

This debacle is 100% his fault

He wanted a photo op for the 20th anniversary of 9/11 and now he's gotten one

Gmac

Cobra

Who really cares? Like really? In the west who gives one f**k?

Biden is doing the right thing albeit poorly. Get out. We in the west having nothing in common with these places or these wacky Islamic groups. The religion is foreign and crazy. Incompatible with how we want to live our lives. We don't understand the tribal nature of the groups. The role of the man and the woman. They're 100s of years behind us in terms of rights for woman, children etc. Cut and run. Contain these groups. Keep them penned into this region and forget about them. The US nor any other country can defeat them. It's a waste of time.

whitey

Quote from: Cobra on August 26, 2021, 05:07:47 PM
Who really cares? Like really? In the west who gives one f**k?

Biden is doing the right thing albeit poorly. Get out. We in the west having nothing in common with these places or these wacky Islamic groups. The religion is foreign and crazy. Incompatible with how we want to live our lives. We don't understand the tribal nature of the groups. The role of the man and the woman. They're 100s of years behind us in terms of rights for woman, children etc. Cut and run. Contain these groups. Keep them penned into this region and forget about them. The US nor any other country can defeat them. It's a waste of time.

screenexile

Horrible scenes today 60 dead including 10 marines. Heads need to roll it just hasn't been good enough from start to finish and it's not finished by a long way!

RedHand88

We all know who's head needs to roll. It will never happen though.