AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 01, 2017, 05:30:23 PM
I suppose Rois and others, I am always amazed how Armagh fans seem to think the rules are different for them. There are genuine Armagh fans out there who think what McKernan did wasn't that bad and sure it's part of the game.
Likewise, that youtube video showing Dara O'Se giving an elbow to Sean's head and they seem to think Sean over-reacted to that as well.
Why do they think those things are OK and not a foul and it's just SC overreacting.

Anyway, I suppose part of my reason for keeping it going was to show other posters how ridiculous some posters are and can't call it fair.

Anyway, I'm sure Sean will be the focus of their attentions on Sat evening leaving others like HampsHey do take a few scores. I'd say the Armagh lads will enjoy one last slap at Sean before he retires.
You would imagine with 10 mins left that McGeeney will send in the bald sorry bold McKeever to say his goodbyes to Sean.

There are gobshites in the fan base of every county. So no doubt there are armagh fans who think the rules are different for them. Though none of your examples actually are about armagh players or armagh fans thinking the rules are different for them.

I started the posts to show how ridiculous Harte's press interviews have been.

Anyway you're a big man for calling it fair. So you condemn diving, verbals, dropping the knee in the opponents back, grabbing the opponents balls, sticking a finger up the opponents hole (on the field of play), hitting a player from behind in the shower fracturing their skull? You are happy to condemn them all?

Armamike

Micky can't have it both ways with the media.  On one hand he is critical of pundits like Brolly for presenting opinions as facts with an agenda to influence refereees and public opinion against certain teams.  While on the other he puts it out there that Armagh are somewhat over physical and by implication officials need to be on their toes here. A tad hypocritical? Why not just keep the head down, prepare well and get on with it this week.  This is little more than trash talk. The type of talk he repeatedly tells us he doesn't like. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

StGallsGAA

Just bought my ticket for yhe special train from Belfast and will enjoy the 20 mins peace and quiet until the buckfast brigade in their orange tracksuits get on in Lurgan, still sh*t-faced from the night before for their twice twice a decade trip to Croker.   Don't let the GAA down lads. 

BennyCake

Quote from: Armamike on August 01, 2017, 09:10:39 PM
Micky can't have it both ways with the media.  On one hand he is critical of pundits like Brolly for presenting opinions as facts with an agenda to influence refereees and public opinion against certain teams.  While on the other he puts it out there that Armagh are somewhat over physical and by implication officials need to be on their toes here. A tad hypocritical? Why not just keep the head down, prepare well and get on with it this week.  This is little more than trash talk. The type of talk he repeatedly tells us he doesn't like.

He doesn't like someone pointing out something that might affect his team. Remember his Irish News column? It was rant after rant every week, and speaking out about things that would impact on his team.

I think it's a good idea if managers were banned from speaking prior to matches.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 01, 2017, 09:39:09 PM
Just bought my ticket for yhe special train from Belfast and will enjoy the 20 mins peace and quiet until the buckfast brigade in their orange tracksuits get on in Lurgan, still sh*t-faced from the night before for their twice twice a decade trip to Croker.   Don't let the GAA down lads. 

That's weird, is this not our 5th trip to Croker in 4 years?

bennydorano

tonto1888

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on August 01, 2017, 09:51:05 PM

That's weird, is this not our 5 trip to Croker in 4 years?

Sure they can't count in his part of the country

smelmoth

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 01, 2017, 09:53:42 PM

The bigger point remains whether fans can behave themselves. I used to get the train and the loutish behaviour would do your head in. I enjoy a drink as much as the next man but have never associated going to a match with getting boozed up.

straightred

Quote from: smelmoth on August 01, 2017, 10:01:49 PM

The bigger point remains whether fans can behave themselves. I used to get the train and the loutish behaviour would do your head in. I enjoy a drink as much as the next man but have never associated going to a match with getting boozed up.

Yeah - i had a complete walloper from Armagh beside me on saturday. Pissed out of her head trying to wave a flag but hitting at least 2 others each time. Asked her politely to stop waving it, got a mouthful of abuse for my troubles so i moved at halftime

Orior

Quote from: straightred on August 01, 2017, 10:07:49 PM

Yeah - i had a complete walloper from Armagh beside me on saturday. Pissed out of her head trying to wave a flag but hitting at least 2 others each time. Asked her politely to stop waving it, got a mouthful of abuse for my troubles so i moved at halftime

That's why they have stewards. Usually they're fit enough to handle women.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

straightred

Quote from: Orior on August 01, 2017, 10:23:13 PM
Quote from: straightred on August 01, 2017, 10:07:49 PM

That's why they have stewards. Usually they're fit enough to handle women.

I just couldn't be bothered getting in a row at the time. A lot of the monaghan/down people had left so moving wasn't an issue.

Captain Obvious

All the pressure is on Tyrone will be awful setback to their high hopes if they are knocked out at this stage of the competition for a second year in a row. Armagh can win this game, ran a better Donegal side to one point in the Quarter final three years ago but regardless of the result on Saturday reaching another Quarter final against the odds will be seen as a summer of progress for Armagh.

RedHand88

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 01, 2017, 10:32:15 PM
All the pressure is on Tyrone will be awful setback to their high hopes if they are knocked out at this stage of the competition for a second year in a row. Armagh can win this game, ran a better Donegal side to one point in the Quarter final three years ago but regardless of the result on Saturday reaching another Quarter final against the odds will be seen as a summer of progress for Armagh.

I would have thought not winning a game you could have won would have been a bad summer.

trueblue1234

The pressure was on Tyrone regardless of who they played tho. While it being Armagh has made it a bit more exciting for the fans, Tyrone wanted to take a Kerry/ Mayo/Dublin to justify an improvement on last year. Without a big scalp, I think most will be disappointed. The problem is I would have fancied their chances with both Mayo or Kerry (I know some will disagree bout Kerry) but don't think they are ready for Dublin. I fancy them to take Armagh but think that will be as far as they go.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

skeog

Only over confidence can derail Tyrone.Philip Jordan as correct cannot see a Div 3 team reach semi-final.