AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Throw ball

Quote from: David McKeown on July 30, 2017, 05:55:27 PM
Fair enough great fact checking from RTE who praised Armagh for making history.

Maybe they meant Armagh were the first division 3 team to come through each qualifier round to make a quarter final?

mcklatchee

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2017, 06:25:14 PM
Quote from: mcklatchee on July 30, 2017, 06:06:12 PM
Will there be 2 threads? One for trash talk and one for the build up to the game?

Since when have you Armagh folk become all high, mighty, and precious?

It's not high and mighty to be fed up with trash talk. Don't recall Joe Jordan, Pat Darcy or Seamus Horisk involved in trash talk. Were they high and mighty?
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

rrhf

If there's one Armagh man I'm delighted for its Mc Geeney. That man has taken dogs abuse by Armagh supporters and others for the last couple of years. Instead of backing him and his efforts they really tried to pick away. Now I'm sure he has a smile for them all but deep down he must think what a bundle of two faced eejits follow the county. As a Tyrone man Here's to a good game and congrats to Armagh on their success to date.

Over the Bar

Quote from: naka on July 30, 2017, 06:53:00 PM
Heard chat that the Rossie game might be Saturday
And the Dublin game moved to Monday

It would make sense saying as for Armagh fans playing Tyrone in Croker it will be a first in a generation AIQF experience.      They'll be emptying the orchard in typical fashion in another forlorn hope of beating the Red Hand when it matters.

Fellow Tyrone fans - 6pm this Saturday will be the only chance this year you'll get to shout  -  "Now F**k off back home you Orange b*stards!!"  without getting accused of  sectarianism!   ;D ;D

Aughafad

Quote from: mcklatchee on July 30, 2017, 07:24:09 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2017, 06:25:14 PM
Quote from: mcklatchee on July 30, 2017, 06:06:12 PM
Will there be 2 threads? One for trash talk and one for the build up to the game?

Since when have you Armagh folk become all high, mighty, and precious?

It's not high and mighty to be fed up with trash talk. Don't recall Joe Jordan, Pat Darcy or Seamus Horisk involved in trash talk. Were they high and mighty?

WTF? Seriously!

BennyHarp

I genuinely have nothing but respect for Armagh football. They won the AI before us and made us realise we were good enough to win it too. After the 2003 final, every Armagh supporter I met was very magnanimous and gracious in defeat and congratulated us on the win. Our battles in 2005 where the defining games of that decade in my view, two of the best teams of that era at the top of their game. The semi final was just the most gut wrenchingly tense experience I think I've ever had in football. That Armagh team should have won more than 1 All Ireland and it's good to see them back playing on Croke Park in August. Having said all that, I hope we hammer the feckers next weekend and I can't wait! 😀
That was never a square ball!!

mcklatchee

The idea that the two options are trash talk or being "high and mighty" or "precious" is just plain drivel. In the grown up world that is
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

naka

Can't wait til next week
Hopefully murnin and mc Kay are fit
I genuinely think we will take Tyrone
And that will have been a brilliant season

RedHand88

Limited number of tickets tomorrow on sale online. Expect those to go in a flash.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 30, 2017, 07:56:09 PM
Limited number of tickets tomorrow on sale online. Expect those to go in a flash.

Any idea what time?

T Fearon

12 long years patiently waiting for another Croke Park showdown to right the injustice of 05 when Russell,in an attempt to curry favour with Tyrone for 1995,awarded Tyrone a match winning easy free.

This match is winnable,imagine the karma of sending Harte and Cavanagh into retirement prematurely

clarshack

Quote from: T Fearon on July 30, 2017, 08:48:20 PM
12 long years patiently waiting to right the injustice of 05 when Russell,in an attempt to curry favour with Tyrone for 1995,awarded Tyrone a match winning easy free.

It was far from an easy free but Canavan scoring it was justice for the 05 Ulster final replay shambles.

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

lurganblue

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 30, 2017, 07:56:09 PM

Limited? How many?