Microsoft Works

Started by anportmorforjfc, January 18, 2011, 05:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Lost alot of files off my laptop so was only able to download a 30 day trial of microsoft word and it has run out. I have Microsoft works on the laptop and was wandering does anyone know if it is possible to open a works file in word from a USB?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 18, 2011, 05:54:06 PM
Lost alot of files off my laptop so was only able to download a 30 day trial of microsoft word and it has run out. I have Microsoft works on the laptop and was wandering does anyone know if it is possible to open a works file in word from a USB?

Why don't you just try it and see what happens??

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 18, 2011, 05:56:37 PM

Why don't you just try it and see what happens??

Because i don't have word anymore. Think i have figured it out, i was saving the file as a .wps file instead of a .doc file.

The Iceman

Download openoffice.org
Its free and allows you to open and save all microsoft docs.
Not as pretty as Word etc but gets the job done and its free......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

lurganblue

Find someone with a Microsoft office disk and illegally add it onto your laptop. Jobs a good 'un

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: The Iceman on January 18, 2011, 07:55:13 PM
Download openoffice.org
Its free and allows you to open and save all microsoft docs.
Not as pretty as Word etc but gets the job done and its free......

+1
You'll Never Walk Alone.

MR99

Its possible alright, I do it all the time