Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Reading through that last few pages really brings me back to the shit holes that I lived in/stayed in on nights out back in the day. Did the Halls the first year, stayed in Shaftesbury, the woman at the time stayed in one of the towers. Jeez they were some mess!

When I got my long trousers and moved to a house we did Wellesley Ave and then Wolsley Street. It may as well have been South Armagh, East Tyrone and South Derry with the wee posh Down f**kers sprinkled around. On Wolsley street there were 3 houses from Cross and surrounding area, 2 from Tyrone and 1 Down. I remember one night the Tyrone house went on fire....some craic! 

The free for all in 'Shaws, always a f**king queue but Tommy on the door let us in if we bunked it!  Place full of jersey huggers and hallions. Some nights drinking with Bellaghy and Errigal Ciaran boys after Ulster championship games!  Then down to Hatfield for out of date beers at half price on Carry out at 3am ;D

Tony Baloney

You wouldn't have kept a Jack Russell in some of the kips on Wellesley Ave.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 04, 2021, 03:38:28 PM

We were actually really lucky. Right down the Lisburn road end beside the 4 in Hand....was a grand spot. Used to play 45 with a few old boys in the pub until one of the lads landed in with his gear bag....was 'advised' not to come back ;D

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 04, 2021, 03:42:43 PM

We were actually really lucky. Right down the Lisburn road end beside the 4 in Hand....was a grand spot. Used to play 45 with a few old boys in the pub until one of the lads landed in with his gear bag....was 'advised' not to come back ;D
Would have attended the odd quiz in the 4 in Hand on a Monday night if trying to behave. Decent spot but certainly not the cosmopolitan crowd you'd get on the Lisburn Road these days.

Rudi

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 04, 2021, 03:26:30 PM
Reading through that last few pages really brings me back to the shit holes that I lived in/stayed in on nights out back in the day. Did the Halls the first year, stayed in Shaftesbury, the woman at the time stayed in one of the towers. Jeez they were some mess!

When I got my long trousers and moved to a house we did Wellesley Ave and then Wolsley Street. It may as well have been South Armagh, East Tyrone and South Derry with the wee posh Down f**kers sprinkled around. On Wolsley street there were 3 houses from Cross and surrounding area, 2 from Tyrone and 1 Down. I remember one night the Tyrone house went on fire....some craic! 

The free for all in 'Shaws, always a f**king queue but Tommy on the door let us in if we bunked it!  Place full of jersey huggers and hallions. Some nights drinking with Bellaghy and Errigal Ciaran boys after Ulster championship games!  Then down to Hatfield for out of date beers at half price on Carry out at 3am ;D

I met wee posh Down f"ckers at a wedding once. Looked down at me because I was from down the country. Praise the Lord for the south Armagh ones that night. In fairness I have met others from Co Down who are sound out, those posh tw"ts can feck off, all the same. ;D

TabClear

A Jack Russell would have been safer up those streets than down near Renshaws, bit too close to Kam Wah in botanic....

TabClear

Good old Tommy, "Lads f**k off over to Dukes for an hour  would you and I'll give you a shout when it calms down a bit"

johnnycool

What part of Down is posh?  Other than Holywood, donaghadee I'm struggling!

The Hatfield in the mid 90's was nothing like it is now. You needed to know the special knock at the side door to get an out of hours carryout of warm, out of date beer at above ordinary prices...

armaghniac

Quote from: Rudi on May 04, 2021, 04:30:39 PM

I met wee posh Down f"ckers at a wedding once. Looked down at me because I was from down the country. Praise the Lord for the south Armagh ones that night. In fairness I have met others from Co Down who are sound out, those posh tw"ts can feck off, all the same. ;D

Only God has any business looking down on a South Armagh person.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tbrick18

Quote from: TabClear on May 04, 2021, 04:37:57 PM

A Jack Russell would have been safer up those streets than down near Renshaws, bit too close to Kam Wah in botanic....

Dear god I forgot about the Kam Wah! Wee auld fella used to sit out the back and shout at everyone.
Place was stinking.

I was never a huge renshaws fan, but does anyone remember the Crescent on Sandy Row? Jeez it was some spot...2 quid in, drinks about 80p. Sawdust on the floor and and a very dodgy management.
The attic in laverys was class in the mid 90s too, a wee dingy nightclub.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 04, 2021, 05:50:56 PM
Quote from: TabClear on May 04, 2021, 04:37:57 PM

Dear god I forgot about the Kam Wah! Wee auld fella used to sit out the back and shout at everyone.
Place was stinking.

I was never a huge renshaws fan, but does anyone remember the Crescent on Sandy Row? Jeez it was some spot...2 quid in, drinks about 80p. Sawdust on the floor and and a very dodgy management.
The attic in laverys was class in the mid 90s too, a wee dingy nightclub.

Crescent UDA downstairs catholic students upstairs, I darken it's door once, being a local I was wise to the joint
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Never did the Crescent, just didn't trust it. Would have been in Lavery's a lot mind you, Alex Higgins was a regular begging for pints there for a few stories. Was in the upstairs the night after the riots in Dublin at the Ireland England match. A few C18 boys with the spiders web tattoos on the head were pushing their way round the place. Got out quick smart!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 04, 2021, 07:37:59 PM
Never did the Crescent, just didn't trust it. Would have been in Lavery's a lot mind you, Alex Higgins was a regular begging for pints there for a few stories. Was in the upstairs the night after the riots in Dublin at the Ireland England match. A few C18 boys with the spiders web tattoos on the head were pushing their way round the place. Got out quick smart!

Laverys was grand by local standard, the BOT back in the day, 88 was local regulars downstairs, few peelers solicitors and the south Belfast professionals while upstairs the students, where you there before the current building?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 04, 2021, 07:58:26 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 04, 2021, 07:37:59 PM

Laverys was grand by local standard, the BOT back in the day, 88 was local regulars downstairs, few peelers solicitors and the south Belfast professionals while upstairs the students, where you there before the current building?

I had 1 year of the old Bot. Was never a big fan of it to be honest but would still have drunk in it regular as that's just what you did!