John Brennan

Started by lickthem, October 19, 2015, 10:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lickthem

Another Championship for John Brennan.

He must be one of the most successful Club Managers ever.

WT4E

And a total Gulpin into the bargain

crossfire

Apparently he has won senior championships in 3 different counties.
What clubs has he won them with.?

shawshank

Lavey, Loup, Slaughtneil, Cargin and Carrickmore.

sensethetone

Kickham csc

I thought he was also part of the Moortown management when they last won as well

Can anybody confirm or deny

Kickham csc

The really interesting thing about the "JB" factor, is that most of the teams that he won a championship with, could be considered breakout or step up wins, i.e. no recent winning championship form, and he got them over the line

shawshank

Quote from: Kickham csc on October 20, 2015, 01:01:45 PM
The really interesting thing about the "JB" factor, is that most of the teams that he won a championship with, could be considered breakout or step up wins, i.e. no recent winning championship form, and he got them over the line

Don't agree entirely with that. I agree that Slaughneil and the first one of Laveys were, but Cargin have been in a number of finals, as were Loup and Carrickmore are always contenders in Tyrone

Milltown Row2

Quote from: shawshank on October 20, 2015, 01:10:54 PM

Don't agree entirely with that. I agree that Slaughneil and the first one of Laveys were, but Cargin have been in a number of finals, as were Loup and Carrickmore are always contenders in Tyrone

How many Ulster clubs has JB won?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 29, 2015, 11:20:51 PM

3 I think ( 2 x Lavey and 1 x Loup)and 1 AI (Lavey). Stand to be corrected though

screenexile

Quote from: JoG2 on October 30, 2015, 10:58:12 AM

3 I think ( 2 x Lavey and 1 x Loup)and 1 AI (Lavey). Stand to be corrected though

Fairly sure he only won one with Lavey . . . Malachy O'Rourke was in charge when Loup won their Ulster as far as I'm aware.

brokencrossbar1

O'Rourke was definitely over the Loup,  they beat us in the semi final in 2003.  It was just with Lavey that he won an Ulster.

JoG2

Estimator

Quote from: screenexile on October 30, 2015, 11:20:25 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 30, 2015, 10:58:12 AM

Fairly sure he only won one with Lavey . . . Malachy O'Rourke was in charge when Loup won their Ulster as far as I'm aware.
Lavey won Ulster in '90 & '92. Surely both of those were with Brennan in charge.
Ulster League Champions 2009

shawshank

Don't think he won an Ulster with Lavey or anyone, Brendan Convery was Lavey manager.