List of things that Tyrone have never done

Started by Darby, August 08, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Snapchap

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 06, 2015, 09:15:07 AM
Where did you see that?

The Irish News, Page 70.

" A copy of the report, seen by The Irish News, says "On balance of probabilities and following a review of the evidence it was likely that some Tyrone players made unwelcome verbal comments toward the Donegal player during the game. Both County Committees and the Investigation Committee accept that the comments were not about the death of the player's father".

I wonder if Donegal knew that it would get leaked to the paper, would they have been so quick to claim that Teamtalk's statement was "factually incorrect".

Clinker

Quote from: Snapchap on November 06, 2015, 09:12:03 AM

I wonder will Declan Bonner man up and apologise.

Chris Bayliss
Sep 7th 2010, 15:40
As a British university student, I hear the term 'man up' used very regularly, frequently by women to other women, as an imperative meaning 'stop being a sissy'. In its modern ubiquity in the UK, which (I gather) is generally down to younger, middle-class people in informal speech, I have never heard it used to mean 'do the right thing'.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/johnson/2010/09/political_correctness

WT4E

Quote from: Snapchap on November 06, 2015, 09:12:03 AM
Irish News has reported on the Ulster Council report. It has found that while sledging did occur, it was not about the death of a player's father.

Looks to me like Teamtalk's version of events has been vindicated and Donegal's claim that the Teamtalk statement was factually incorrect, was itself factually incorrect.

I wonder will Declan Bonner man up and apologise.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

WT4E

There you have it the man most definitely in the wrong here is Declan Bonner. He should apologise as should Martin Carney for the crap he was peddling in the media that made a boy's (pretty much a juvenile) life hell.

FermGael

Lads Bonner was wrong.
No doubt about that.
Teamtalk were also wrong.

The bigger issue for Tyrone Gaa is sledging.
It has arisen as an issue for your Senior, Under 21 and minor teams this year.
Having attended quite a few senior club championship games in the county it seems to be fairly common in club games as well.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

redhandefender

Quote from: FermGael on November 06, 2015, 10:13:10 AM
Lads Bonner was wrong.
No doubt about that.

Having attended quite a few senior club championship games in the county it seems to be fairly common in club games as well.

Wise up you fool, it happens everywhere and on every pitch, in every sport. Tyrone in the right so still try and turn it round to take a pot shot!

I hope they have finally dragged your county team of croke park or are they still there celebrating defeat?

AZOffaly

Quote from: WT4E on November 06, 2015, 10:04:13 AM
There you have it the man most definitely in the wrong here is Declan Bonner. He should apologise as should Martin Carney for the crap he was peddling in the media that made a boy's (pretty much a juvenile) life hell.

If that Irish News Report it correct, then yes, he absolutely should apologise. I still don't understand the motivation for Donegal making it up. They won the game.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 06, 2015, 10:27:15 AM
Quote from: WT4E on November 06, 2015, 10:04:13 AM

If that Irish News Report it correct, then yes, he absolutely should apologise. I still don't understand the motivation for Donegal making it up. They won the game.

Im not sure it was a case of completely making it up.
I would suspect it was more likely that something as misheard, or a comment was made completely unrelated to the lads father, and Donegal pushed the nuclear button (probably alot down to the reputation Tyrone have gained)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

FermGael

Quote from: redhandefender on November 06, 2015, 10:25:26 AM
Lads Bonner was wrong.
No doubt about that.

Wise up you fool, it happens everywhere and on every pitch, in every sport. Tyrone in the right so still try and turn it round to take a pot shot!

I hope they have finally dragged your county team of croke park or are they still there celebrating defeat?

And there it is.
The everybody does it defence so its okay.

Its does not happen in every sport.

Its an issue for Tyrone because 4 times this year your county teams have been involved in serious sledging incidents.
Tyrone Gaa have to deal with it instead of trying to deflect from the issue.

Lads are still celebrating RedHand.
Hope they sober for the start of the league

muppet

It was a deal ffs.

Look at it. It is one player's word agains the other.

So they concoct a deal, 'yes there was sledging', but 'no he didn't say that' (nobody mentions what was said). Everyone shakes hands and put out a joint statement.

Oxo.

The only problem with the deal, is the knobs who go on a solo run claiming to be vindicated. Hello Teamtalk.
MWWSI 2017

nrico2006

Quote from: FermGael on November 06, 2015, 10:33:12 AM
Lads Bonner was wrong.
No doubt about that.

And there it is.

Its does not happen in every sport

I would say it happens in the majority of sports.  I'm sure you could find the odd sport where it does happen, but in most team sports it is there and has always happened.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

FermGael

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 06, 2015, 10:35:57 AM
Lads Bonner was wrong.
No doubt about that.

And there it is.

I would say it happens in the majority of sports.  I'm sure you could find the odd sport where it does happen, but in most team sports it is there and has always happened.
Lads Bonner was wrong.
No doubt about that.

And there it is.

Any serious sledging is dealt with by most sports.
Rugby has very little issue with it at the elite kevel.
Soccer had the John Terry incident with Rio junior where they tried to deal with.
Elite soccer players are now that concerned with what they say to each other they put there hands over their mouth so that camera's do not pick up on it.
Seems to still be an issue in Cricket at the top level but they have tried to deal with it and the stump mic's have seen players be very careful now about what they say in case the match referee picks up on it and docks them their match fee.

The problem is that the Gaa do not want to properly tackle the issue.
The GPA also has a role to play in this.
They went out of their way last year to warn players about giving verbal's to a certain player.
They have to play a more proactive role as well.

WT4E

Quote from: FermGael on November 06, 2015, 10:53:15 AM

Any serious sledging is dealt with by most sports.
Rugby has very little issue with it at the elite kevel.
Soccer had the John Terry incident with Rio junior where they tried to deal with.
Elite soccer players are now that concerned with what they say to each other they put there hands over their mouth so that camera's do not pick up on it.
Seems to still be an issue in Cricket at the top level but they have tried to deal with it and the stump mic's have seen players be very careful now about what they say in case the match referee picks up on it and docks them their match fee.

The problem is that the Gaa do not want to properly tackle the issue.
The GPA also has a role to play in this.
They went out of their way last year to warn players about giving verbal's to a certain player.
They have to play a more proactive role as well.

So you agree that the majority of counties are involved not just Tyrone - People buy into the anti Tyrone bullshit which has been peddled by the media due to Mickey Hartes stance on RTE and other things (which I totally disagree with Mickey about)

People need to realise what they are being fed and step back and realise that Tyrone coaches, players and supporters aren't that bad a folk at all. PLes

Kickham csc

Lads Bonner was wrong.
No doubt about that.

And there it is.

Yes and No
I believe it happens in most sports, but the nasty personal stuff is not as widespread.

I never wasted my energy on sledging. I was thought that a quiet opponent was a far better strategy. Never let the opposition know what your thinking!!!

But I've played with lads who never missed an opportunity to sledge when their maker made a mistake, which I believe is fair game, "bad miss" their warming up your replacement" etc, but not personal stuff about family

The first time I cam across the personal BS was playing against St Jarleths in a Hogan Cup final. During the national anthem a couple of their players never shut up about "it was their anthem" and that we were "Brits". It was totally lost on them that we were paying "their  anthem" the proper respect, and they were disrespecting it.

During the game, one of our players kept singing "take it down from the mast", which really got under the opponents skin.  And that's the other reason why I never sledged, you'll always come up against someone who can do it better than you!!!!!