List of things that Tyrone have never done

Started by Darby, August 08, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 06, 2015, 12:08:33 PM
Is it fair to say it is endemic in Tyrone club football? I've spoken to a fair few Tyrone lads in real life (i.e. not here) and they've all said that this is getting out of hand in their own club football?

For what it's worth I don't think Mickey Harte or anyone else actively condones this in Tyrone, but if it has crept into Club football up there, at a high level, then it's only natural that it will spill over onto the inter county set up.

Chatter has always happened, but I would never have had the negative connotations I have with some of what is reported now. There are examples of personal stuff in the past, Liam Hayes and his brother's death being a prime example, but they were very rare and I certainly never heard it. We've all heard the 'Are you still on , have they no subs? ' kind of thing, but this new wave of stuff is beyond the pale.

As regards this specific incident, I'm afraid now that we've had the pre-emptive strike by teamtalk, and the statement by Ulster Council, and the leak to the Irish News, then the contents of the report will have to come out. It's a pity it's all been reopened again by a rash social media post, but at this stage Donegal will feel aggrieved on the back of the IN report, so I'd expect them to come out themselves, or else put pressure on the UC to issue a clarification.

If they don't then Bonner will have been hung out to dry, and that means he'll probably hit back in some column soon too. Messy.

I wouldn't have said so AZ.
I have played in Tyrone club football for 17 years, through all the divisions and I can only think of once or twice in games I have been involved in, that I have heard anything (or even heard second hand ) that I would regard as 'beyond the pale' type stuff.
As you say, you get the 'is that sub warming up for you' , 'how many is that you have missed now' etc all the time (in pretty much every game) , but that's in a  completely different league , and if you cant cope with that sort of stuff you shouldn't be playing competitive sport at all.

Now I have heard reports of different stuff going on in other club games , but again it would be quite rare and usually is attributed to one or two individuals, that would have a reputation for it, rather than it being some sort of epidemic.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

Fair enough. I work with 3 lads from Tyrone, different clubs, and they often tell me stories about stuff on the field. MAybe they're just playing on the reputation, or trying to tell a good yarn, but I wouldn't be in their company all together, and there's remarkable consistency about what they say :)

redhandefender

Quote from: longballin on November 06, 2015, 11:58:27 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on November 06, 2015, 11:45:31 AM
Quote from: FermGael on November 06, 2015, 11:30:45 AM
The sledging that took place in the minor match between Tyrone and Donegal.

What sledging thing? About the lads father? Did you not read above it did not happen.

Or the fact that some minor footballers talk crap to each other on the pitch? It happens catch a grip.

Rugby soccer are miked up the eyeballs these days so players know they wouldn't get away with it. At amteur level it happens every weekend on the soccer pitch, far worse than anything I have experienced on a gaelic pitch. I play Fermanagh and western so plenty of your county men involved in it

Its done in soccer makes it okay then. After all we have learnt from soccer's diving antics!

When did I say it was okay? Tyrone GAA were singled out by this poster which is ridiculous.

WT4E

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 06, 2015, 12:15:48 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 06, 2015, 12:08:33 PM
Is it fair to say it is endemic in Tyrone club football? I've spoken to a fair few Tyrone lads in real life (i.e. not here) and they've all said that this is getting out of hand in their own club football?

For what it's worth I don't think Mickey Harte or anyone else actively condones this in Tyrone, but if it has crept into Club football up there, at a high level, then it's only natural that it will spill over onto the inter county set up.

Chatter has always happened, but I would never have had the negative connotations I have with some of what is reported now. There are examples of personal stuff in the past, Liam Hayes and his brother's death being a prime example, but they were very rare and I certainly never heard it. We've all heard the 'Are you still on , have they no subs? ' kind of thing, but this new wave of stuff is beyond the pale.

As regards this specific incident, I'm afraid now that we've had the pre-emptive strike by teamtalk, and the statement by Ulster Council, and the leak to the Irish News, then the contents of the report will have to come out. It's a pity it's all been reopened again by a rash social media post, but at this stage Donegal will feel aggrieved on the back of the IN report, so I'd expect them to come out themselves, or else put pressure on the UC to issue a clarification.

If they don't then Bonner will have been hung out to dry, and that means he'll probably hit back in some column soon too. Messy.

I wouldn't have said so AZ.
I have played in Tyrone club football for 17 years, through all the divisions and I can only think of once or twice in games I have been involved in, that I have heard anything (or even heard second hand ) that I would regard as 'beyond the pale' type stuff.
As you say, you get the 'is that sub warming up for you' , 'how many is that you have missed now' etc all the time (in pretty much every game) , but that's in a  completely different league , and if you cant cope with that sort of stuff you shouldn't be playing competitive sport at all.

Now I have heard reports of different stuff going on in other club games , but again it would be quite rare and usually is attributed to one or two individuals, that would have a reputation for it, rather than it being some sort of epidemic.

I have to agree with this - I played football with my own club all my life and coming to an end soon I'd say and I have never heard anything over the top. I honestly think that their is unfair bias towards Tyrone on this issue.

The only time I have ever been offended (for someone else) on the pitch was when I was playing football in another county whilst I was away for a year in a Leinster county. A player on the opposing team I'd guess about 30 told a player on our team who had clearly a bit of mixed race and was approx 18 to go and join ISIS you P*ki C. I told the player he was a disgrace to his club and the GAA but he just laughed - I left it at that. The young fella was clearly annoyed!

I hope sledging never happens again but it will and the I'm just glad that Tyrone minors didn't mention a players dead father like Declan Bonner wrongfully accused them of.

Snapchap

Couple of lads saying teamtalk have not been vindicated but haven't explained their logic.

Teamtalk got wind that the ulster council report found that sledging about a player's father's death didn't happen, and that has turned out to be 100% accurate.

omaghjoe

Im confused..... the IN articles, UC and DCB statements all say that the Teamtalkmag report was incorrect. But the IN article seems to verify that they were correct....

Is the confusion and apparent contradictions down to explicitness and specifics?

Unfortunately for the young lads involved it looks like the UC need to release the report

reddgnhand

I think the Tyrone CB have made a huge error agreeing to this. The families & clubs of the 2 accused lads are not happy and won't let it rest.

oakleafgael

Quote from: omaghjoe on November 06, 2015, 05:38:51 PM
Im confused..... the IN articles, UC and DCB statements all say that the Teamtalkmag report was incorrect. But the IN article seems to verify that they were correct....

Is the confusion and apparent contradictions down to explicitness and specifics?

Unfortunately for the young lads involved it looks like the UC need to release the report

It's an extremely unsatisfactory situation for all the parties involved, ie. the minor players. Serious questions need to be asked of how it has been handled from the day of the game.

Firstly, regardless of the alleged nature of the "sledging" Declan Bonnar needs to go from his position. His behaviour from the day of the incident has been very poor and breached the clear directives in place for working with underage players.

Secondly, Teamtalk are a very valuable club resource in Tyrone but they should never have become embroiled in this. I don't believe in cover ups or letting sleeping dogs lay but to start reporting on parts of the report when it cannot be made public is poor form.

Finally, how the Irish News managed to see the report needs to be investigated and whoever showed it to them needs to face disciplinary action from the Ulster Council.

When all is said and done the thing that needs to be remembered is that ALL those directly involved are youths/children and have been failed by the very organisation they where representing on the day in question.

The Stallion

Unfortunately it seems this sort of appalling behaviour is rife at all levels in Tyrone football. It is obviously condoned by supporters, players and management to a large extent.

WT4E

Quote from: The Stallion on November 06, 2015, 07:52:48 PM
Unfortunately it seems this sort of appalling behaviour is rife at all levels in Tyrone football. It is obviously condoned by supporters, players and management to a large extent.

you must be very stupid or very biased. The report said it didn't happen so what behaviour is appalling and can you give other examples of how it is rife in Tyrone football?

The Stallion

There are countless examples of shameful behaviour in Tyrone football as you are no doubt aware.

omaghjoe

Quote from: The Stallion on November 06, 2015, 08:05:18 PM
There are countless examples of shameful behaviour in Tyrone football as you are no doubt aware.

Very stupid it is then....Stop talking dung.

During this type of situation you should remain quiet, crawl back under the rock you came from and sit tight until you have another mock outrage with which you can exercise your bias.

The Stallion

Standard aggressive reaction from Tyrone supporters there.

I have no anti-Tyrone agenda. I think they have some excellent footballers and there is much to admire about Tyrone GAA. I just don't like to see the shameful sledging Tyrone players regularly indulge in. It's rather pathetic.

ck

This Teamtalk crowd are an embarrassment to the GAA and the good gaels of Tyrone!