Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on October 26, 2015, 09:32:38 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on October 25, 2015, 11:00:18 PM
I see the wheels are in motion

https://twitter.com/AntrimPost/status/658387689117458433

Change is needed. We all hope a shake up has the positive effect that's needed.

Still can't shift the secretary even if you wanted to. Ulster Council will still be pulling the strings wrt Casement.

Can't say I know a lot about your one, but who decides if they are doing a good job or not?

This is half the problem with these appointments, where is the accountability for these jobs for life?

Kickham csc

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 26, 2015, 09:25:08 AM
Did I see somewhere that Conor McCann got a bad injury? Could be mistaken but just saw a photo floating round twitter with something on it...

Great achievement for creggan. Be interesting to see what they do in the AI. Coleraine won junior too so the Ballela fairytale unfortunately didn't happen. I think Coleraine have a few derry county boys and a lot of those footballers would have been underage derry players so probably nto really a surprise.

Great to see cushendall win. They seem to be very good in the close games. Not sure they currently have the players for an AI challenge but hopefully I'm wrong. They play Galway champions I think. I don't recall cushendall playing connacht champions over the years. Always seemed to be munster or leinster.

I believe it was his cousin Oran who got injured in a collision with Conor.

Really proud of the club, we've come a long way from the early 90's when the hurling started up.

One thing that I am most proud of is the football / hurling dual club issues that that I hear happens in other clubs have had has never really been an issue with Creggan. It was always drummed into us that the Creggan club was the be all and end all, not hurling or football. So we wanted to be successful in both codes, even if all there was to win in hurling was friendlies at the start

So if you consider 90's, the football club was starting to get organized for a push up the ranks (winning Div 2 in 94 and intermediate in 97ish, 2000ish ), but the senior management at the time always accommodated players playing hurling, (initially in a series of friendlies across Ulster, subsequently in the N Antrim junior league and then in Div 4 Antrim). So there has always been a spirit of co-operation.

Now in saying that, I would love to see the club push on a lift a senior football title in the next year or two!!!!!

Two Hands FFS

Congrats to Creggan & Loughgiel Camogs yesterday. Delighted to see them win.

As for the senior final, the people of Cushendall know that their boys are no world beaters and do struggle at times, but my god they have a serious set on them  & never say die attitude. That is a great thing to have.

P.S. Slaughtneil  - Great team

Milltown Row2

First off, well fecking done, great hurling with a great attitude when playing.... No dirt in your game which cuts out needless frees... with a bit of luck another Croke park appearance... The Galway champions have never won at intermediate level so nothing to fear heading into that game.... You'll also join the ranks of teams playing senior hurling and football championship another first for the club .... This will also spur on the younger generation in picking up the Caman

As for the dual problem, issues may arrive at senior level if both playing in div 1... Big effort with training and managing injuries and having county players .... Brilliant to be in the position to have those "problems".

Didn't see the game yesterday but watched the Burt game, if Creggan lack something its urgency, few games I've refereed they take a while to get going, and miss a few free ones.... If this is worked on they will have a great chance to get to Croke Park and give someone a shock in Senior next year. Well done
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2015, 10:34:08 AM
First off, well fecking done, great hurling with a great attitude when playing.... No dirt in your game which cuts out needless frees... with a bit of luck another Croke park appearance... The Galway champions have never won at intermediate level so nothing to fear heading into that game.... You'll also join the ranks of teams playing senior hurling and football championship another first for the club .... This will also spur on the younger generation in picking up the Caman

As for the dual problem, issues may arrive at senior level if both playing in div 1... Big effort with training and managing injuries and having county players .... Brilliant to be in the position to have those "problems".

Didn't see the game yesterday but watched the Burt game, if Creggan lack something its urgency, few games I've refereed they take a while to get going, and miss a few free ones.... If this is worked on they will have a great chance to get to Croke Park and give someone a shock in Senior next year. Well done

Maybe this lack of urgency is reflected in that they just dont do panic, all very even tempered and composed. They know like the Dall how to win championship games. Hope big Odhran not too bad, great player and a Creggan mainstay.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Lets be honest always coming from behind isnt a great way to be. You will come up against a team now at this stage who if they get in front wont let a lead drop.

Whilst i think cdall are a good team they still leak scores to easily. The 3 goals that Sneill got all came from poor defending which should of been dealt with. They also shot some poor wides from scorable positions.

Gort look to be a good team and Cdall will need to improve if they are holding any hope of reaching the final.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 26, 2015, 11:45:07 AM
Lets be honest always coming from behind isnt a great way to be. You will come up against a team now at this stage who if they get in front wont let a lead drop.

Whilst i think cdall are a good team they still leak scores to easily. The 3 goals that Sneill got all came from poor defending which should of been dealt with. They also shot some poor wides from scorable positions.

Gort look to be a good team and Cdall will need to improve if they are holding any hope of reaching the final.

Did Gort not get beat?

Two Hands FFS

Gort do look to be a good team but they have no chance of winning the All Ireland. They got beat yesterday.

As I said, everyone in Cushendall knows this team has faults. But they have massive heart. And deserve a lot more credit than they are getting.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on October 26, 2015, 11:14:24 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2015, 10:34:08 AM

Maybe this lack of urgency is reflected in that they just dont do panic, all very even tempered and composed. They know like the Dall how to win championship games. Hope big Odhran not too bad, great player and a Creggan mainstay.

Possibly Last man but would just be wary of getting caught out and leaving too much to do... Everyone has a view point on this I suppose and Creggan have done it their way and its worked
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hand up

Get Even Dual Club!! The Johnnies are hardly breaking much self in either code!!

Hand up

*delf!! Still a little fragile from last night😄

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on October 26, 2015, 11:53:33 AM

Gort do look to be a good team but they have no chance of winning the All Ireland. They got beat yesterday.

As I said, everyone in Cushendall knows this team has faults. But they have massive heart. And deserve a lot more credit than they are getting.
yes they do, but you'll not get it on here, history proves that!!!  Use could go on and win the All Ireland and there will still be clowns on here saying different.  Enjoy the win and the build up to the All Ireland and forget about looking credit from a discussion board.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Ah christ im not wakened today at all! Sarsfields v Craughwell in the galway final.

Im not doubting their heart its their ability to defend is worrying. Sneill got their goals pretty easy from bad defending is my point. A better team than Sneill wouldnt of lost the advantage they got.

But fair play to the dall they rode their luck and got the result and thats all that matters at the moment. Im sure they will give it a hell of a go in Feb.
hurl like f**k boi!

cushendall

Dr our defending is usually second to none, the backs had an off day and we still came out with the win, I agree poor defending yesterday cost us the goals! However we playing the better hurling throughout sneil where incredibly dirty, sean MC afee and Aidan where hammered around that pitch, pulled down every time they got the ball,

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 26, 2015, 12:13:07 PM

yes they do, but you'll not get it on here, history proves that!!!  Use could go on and win the All Ireland and there will still be clowns on here saying different.  Enjoy the win and the build up to the All Ireland and forget about looking credit from a discussion board.
True..as yous boys know.
It's been a great one to win.