Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 20, 2015, 03:54:40 PM
theres a fine line between saying ' i cant commit to the county this year' and 'i cant be arsed playing for the county this year' esp in Antrim.

Usually most guys cant be bothered to play anymore. Success can make it easier to commit to a heavy schedule for a lot of players. When your getting beat all the time the enthusiasm generally wilts

Fully agree. And where that line is drawn is of a players free will. If they can't commit they choose not to - they are not some sort of victims.

bogieman

line between saying ' i cant commit...' and 'i cant be arsed...'

And where that line is drawn is of a players free will...

+1, fully agree
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

bogieman

And now I'm on it; only 5 years behind Armagh. Scratch the cynics...

Armagh men discussing:
"Taking far too long these are the simple facts of the case.
Agree with Wolfie it is a joke, especially with any other County you talk to regarding their own Co ground development and also plans for Centres of Excellence, we are a laughing stock."
sliothar, Jul 7, 2010 #6

P.S. Don't forget the swimmers for comparison, best one yet.
P.S.S Ref. boxers, if you don't...
;)
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

getevennotcross

Some weird, abnoxious, cynical and ill informed individuals posting here.

Has to be said though, I suppose we are all weird, abnoxious, cynical and ill informed individuals, the spice of life eh?

Nigh, I wonder if C. Do**el*y will be bringing along a back room team with him in his quest for CC? You would have to believe a team of strong individuals is needed going forward, would be a difficult task for one lone individual, dont you think?  I for one would hope CD takes up the reigns but feel he will need a few trusty lieutenants?

Time to clear the decks and make a fresh positive start. Happy days.

The Upper Falls SF Mafia may well attempt to scupper things though, ya just couldn't trust them.

MoChara

http://www.hoganstand.com/Antrim/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=245898&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

McKillop: Slaughtneil should have beaten us last year
22 October 2015

Cushendall manager John McKillop believes motivation won't be an issue for Slaughtneil in Sunday's Ulster club SHC final.

McKillop reckons the prospect of gaining revenge for last year's semi-final replay defeat to the Antrim champions and becoming the first Derry club to win an Ulster senior title will drive them to greater heights.

"Slaughtneil probably should've won the first day out, and I'm sure they probably think they should've won as well," he said in the Irish News.

"They'll want to be the first Derry club to win Ulster. They played Dungiven (in the Derry SHC semi-final) and beat them by a point and since after they've got stronger and stronger."

Cushendall won't be lacking in motivation themselves following their surprise loss to Portaferry in last year's provincial decider.

"When I came in for the job, they said they wanted to get back and make up for last year, so hopefully, touch wood, it goes right this time around."

MoChara

Loughgiel hoping for a little bit of neighbourly love
on October 22, 2015 4:00 pm /

Loughgiel Shamrocks captain Una McNaughton, pictured with her Slaughtneil counterpart Louise Dougan and Ulster Camogie President Kathleen Woods, ahead of this weekend's Ulster Senior Camogie club final

Loughgiel Shamrocks find themselves in the very unusual position of hoping for a little bit of help from their Antrim colleagues Cushendall at the Athletic Grounds this Sunday.

With Slaughtneil aiming for a camogie and hurling double, Loughgiel's camogs are set to be outnumbered on the terraces, and will be hoping that the Cushendall hurling support arrives early and decide to throw their lot behind the Shamrocks' title tilt, knowing they will do the same in return for the hurling final.

But Loughgiel captain Una McNaughton insists that she and her colleagues are focusing solely on on-field matters ahead of this Sunday's provincial showdown.

"It's not really something we've thought about to be honest, we've just been concentrating on the match itself. I'm not surprised that the fixtures have been made this way, and if it was Loughgiel playing in the hurling then we'd have been looking for exactly the same thing. It was the sensible thing to do, the fair and the logical thing to do.

"We always get a good crowd out from Loughgiel, and we'll need them more than ever this Sunday. In the meantime, we'll just be doing everything we can to try to make sure we get it right on the field.

http://gaeliclife.com/2015/10/loughgiel-hoping-for-a-little-bit-of-neighbourly-love/

Hand up

MoChara I'd be disappointed if 90% of the Ruairi Og Supporters weren't supporting Loughgiel Camogs on Sunday, they are Antrim Champions and local so why wouldn't we get behind them, good luck to the team on Sunday, and here's hoping for an Antrim Double.

Na Glinntí Glasa

the camogie scene is poor in ulster. theres only 2 teams in the senior championship, no antrim representitive in the ulster and our intermediate champions compete in the junior championship. The antrim junior champions Cargan played in the ulster shield and won it at a canter.

Doesnt bode well for going over the border with that level.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Quote from: Hand up on October 23, 2015, 12:23:42 AM
MoChara I'd be disappointed if 90% of the Ruairi Og Supporters weren't supporting Loughgiel Camogs on Sunday, they are Antrim Champions and local so why wouldn't we get behind them, good luck to the team on Sunday, and here's hoping for an Antrim Double.

90% of the dall supporters won't make it through the gate to see the game I'd say.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on October 23, 2015, 09:45:18 AM
Quote from: Hand up on October 23, 2015, 12:23:42 AM

90% of the dall supporters won't make it through the gate to see the game I'd say.

OK well the 90% of the 10% that do will be cheering them on with great gusto  ;)

theskull1

Mageean Cup final tonight up at the dub. St Louis vs St Marys at 7:30pm

Plenty of talent on show from both teams. Hope the tight pitch doesn't make it a ruckfest

imtommygunn

Looks to be a lot of Dunloy guys on that St Louis team skull? Them and a Loughgiel McNaughton  which you don't see too often.

I wondered has st louis won it before but seems they won it in the late 80s.

St Marys have a large pick though so might be a tough enough ask but would be nice to see a win going outside st marys, maghera or cross and passion for a change.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 23, 2015, 09:08:25 AM
the camogie scene is poor in ulster. theres only 2 teams in the senior championship, no antrim representitive in the ulster and our intermediate champions compete in the junior championship. The antrim junior champions Cargan played in the ulster shield and won it at a canter.

Doesnt bode well for going over the border with that level.

Attempts should be made at every opportunity to stall the growth of ladies football. More clubs taking it up because it is low in skill and you can get up to speed pretty quickly on it.

We need Antrim and Derry especially to keep pushing ahead with camogie. Ladies football is pure dung

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 23, 2015, 10:56:38 AM
Looks to be a lot of Dunloy guys on that St Louis team skull? Them and a Loughgiel McNaughton  which you don't see too often.

I wondered has st louis won it before but seems they won it in the late 80s.

St Marys have a large pick though so might be a tough enough ask but would be nice to see a win going outside st marys, maghera or cross and passion for a change.

Theres Ryan Elliott, Conor Kinsela, Keelan Molly, Conal Cunning, Ciaran Elliott, Seaan Elliott from Dunloy on the team. Also Ryan McGarry who hurls for Dunloy but is a ballymena man

88 was the last time they won it
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Ahh.. the oul Mikasa glove on a hurling pitch. Was never a good look  :)