The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

Quote from: Gmac on June 24, 2021, 05:18:40 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2021, 05:16:24 PM
Quote from: Gmac on June 24, 2021, 05:13:44 PM
The border csar is finally going to visit the border announced the same day after Trump said he was going , the phonies strike again.

I'll have a look back at the thread, but I don't remember you getting this exercised about what was going on at the border before.

Were you upset a few years ago when Trump was ripping the toddlers out of the arms of their screaming mothers?
i want the border csar to do her job and not let coyotes and cartels run wild that's all

She isn't the border csar, despite GOP efforts to label her as that.

Jell 0 Biafra

Eamonnca1

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2021, 05:18:52 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 24, 2021, 05:13:31 PM
#prayforrudi

Rudi is probably loving this.

Time for the fund raising machine to go into overdrive. Its got all the necessary ingredients - persecution, victimization, New York...

Of course he won't have a word to say in response to the actual reasons he lost his license!
purely political but remember the great hope of the left Michael avenatti he is not disbarred even though he has a wrap sheet the length of your arm .every legal expert on cnn should have their license to practice law revoked too for pedaling Russian disinformation for 4 years and lies about the Georgia governor's race .

J70

Quote from: Gmac on June 24, 2021, 08:23:47 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2021, 05:18:52 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 24, 2021, 05:13:31 PM
#prayforrudi

Rudi is probably loving this.

Time for the fund raising machine to go into overdrive. Its got all the necessary ingredients - persecution, victimization, New York...

Of course he won't have a word to say in response to the actual reasons he lost his license!
purely political but remember the great hope of the left Michael avenatti he is not disbarred even though he has a wrap sheet the length of your arm .every legal expert on cnn should have their license to practice law revoked too for pedaling Russian disinformation for 4 years and lies about the Georgia governor's race .

1. When was Avenatti the "great hope of the left"?
2. What lies did the legal experts on CNN "pedal" that would warrant disbarrment? Feel free to be specific.
3. Do you have any defense for Giuliani apart from whataboutery?

J70

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on June 24, 2021, 06:13:53 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2021, 05:13:54 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on June 24, 2021, 04:05:54 PM
Have a read of the Wall St. Jl. op ed linked in that piece, J70.  It's written by a police officer.  An eye opener.

I can't see the link

It was actually the WaPo.
Here you go:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/08/19/im-a-cop-if-you-dont-want-to-get-hurt-dont-challenge-me/

For the most part, I have nothing but sympathy for what the police officer says. They have a difficult job, and their next encounter could literally be life altering.

However, the first problem is that the misbehaving or bully or criminal cops have historically gotten away with it. The blue wall of silence has always protected these people. The union chiefs don't want to hear about any allegations of misconduct or abuse of power. If iPhones had never been invented, rogue cops would still be getting away with it. Its all very well to say that justice should be allowed to take its course, but when the police as a whole have little to no interest in being held accountable, why wouldn't ordinary citizens be angry and suspicious?

Second, it is fine, again, to advise people that it is futile to behave belligerently to a cop, but that is one of the shortcomings of policing and part of the reason these "defund the cops" AND divert the money to other agencies movements exist. People, especially black people, are becoming reluctant to call the cops when a loved one has a mental episode of some kind, because they know there's a good chance a threatened cop will end up using their weapon. Clearly, police force is required  in some cases. but sometimes disturbed individuals need attention from a medical professional trained in how to de-escalate that type of situation. There's no reason why such professionals should  not be available to at least try to get the situation under control before the cops go in and you end with someone getting shot 20 times.

Gmac

Joe showing more signs of losing it again today with the creepy whispering voice during  some announcement wtf , meanwhile the other blithering fool Nancy says white supremacy, islamaphobia and anti Semitism all to blame for walkthrough of capitol building on Jan 6 they really are the bottom of the barrel

J70

Quote from: Gmac on June 24, 2021, 09:32:46 PM
Joe showing more signs of losing it again today with the creepy whispering voice during  some announcement wtf , meanwhile the other blithering fool Nancy says white supremacy, islamaphobia and anti Semitism all to blame for walkthrough of capitol building on Jan 6 they really are the bottom of the barrel

You're talking about "bottom of the barrel" in the same sentence you call the Capitol riot a "walkthrough".

Like I said a few days back... out of your mind.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2021, 09:43:06 PM

You're talking about "bottom of the barrel" in the same sentence you call the Capitol riot a "walkthrough".

where is the panel to investigate the looting and  burning of businesses and property last summer , thousands can be identified from videos of the looting ??
The people arrested on Jan 6 are being held without bail .
Police buildings burned , tens of people  killed and thousands injured
Where is the committee to investigate this ?
Next time the gop are in majority they need to stick it to these Mfers

Gabriel_Hurl

like shooting fish in a barrel there J70  ;D

J70

Quote from: Gmac on June 24, 2021, 10:14:26 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2021, 09:43:06 PM

where is the panel to investigate the looting and  burning of businesses and property last summer , thousands can be identified from videos of the looting ??
The people arrested on Jan 6 are being held without bail .
Police buildings burned , tens of people  killed and thousands injured
Where is the committee to investigate this ?
Next time the gop are in majority they need to stick it to these Mfers

You brought this nonsense up before.

The answer is still the same - they're being investigated and sentenced by local and state authorities, as they should be.

The "walkthrough" was a "walkthrough" of federal property under the control of Congress and the Capitol police and an attempt to overthrow a presidential election.

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 24, 2021, 10:42:49 PM

I don't know.

That "walkthrough" comment made me wonder if he's just winding us all up. :)

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2021, 10:49:45 PM

I don't know.

what about the whispering voice ?
He will be Gone by June 2022 or before.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2021, 10:49:45 PM

I don't know.

He has to be a windup. Nobody could be that brainwashed by Fox News and the right wing cult.