The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

They were talking about an attack at the airport yesterday, the chatter they had picked up gave them all they needed to know.

Horrible
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

I'm confused they seem to be saying ISIS carried out these attacks today but I definitely remember hearing they were defeated... more than once actually how can this be possible??

Gmac

Quote from: screenexile on August 26, 2021, 10:16:41 PM
I'm confused they seem to be saying ISIS carried out these attacks today but I definitely remember hearing they were defeated... more than once actually how can this be possible??
they came back into existence January 20 2021

J70

Quote from: screenexile on August 26, 2021, 10:16:41 PM

How do you defeat an idea or ethos held by irrational, fanatical zealots. It's not like you can reason them out of it.

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 26, 2021, 09:46:03 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/peterstefanovi2/status/1430972296311840773?s=21

This is wild.

It is. An utter clusterfuck.

And if the arms had NOT been sent to the Afghan military and security forces in the first place, the gutless turd that is Kevin McCarthy would be blaming THAT for their immediate folding in the face of the Taliban.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on August 27, 2021, 03:05:43 AM

This is wild.

And if the arms had NOT been sent to the Afghan military and security forces in the first place, the gutless turd that is Kevin McCarthy would be blaming THAT for their immediate folding in the face of the Taliban.
ah it's all mccarthy's fault.
I feel sorry for joe Biden his family and friends should have protected him, he should be retired and enjoying the rest of his time .

RedHand88

Taken from twitter

He's the president america deserves, but not the one it needs right now

BTW I don't have a horse in this race, I just thought this was funny before the usual suspects jump on me and call me a fascist.

Taylor

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 27, 2021, 11:09:50 AM
Taken from twitter

BTW I don't have a horse in this race, I just thought this was funny before the usual suspects jump on me and call me a fascist.

;D ;D

J70

Quote from: Gmac on August 27, 2021, 04:08:24 AM
Quote from: J70 on August 27, 2021, 03:05:43 AM

This is wild.

ah it's all mccarthy's fault.
I feel sorry for joe Biden his family and friends should have protected him, he should be retired and enjoying the rest of his time .

Where did I say it was McCarthy's fault?

RedHand posted a video of McCarthy making a big political show of the weapons that ended up with the Taliban.

My point, which apparently needs to be spelled out in tiny words in crayon for you, is that McCarthy, the craven, spineless, unprincipled minion that he is, would be making an equally big show of the issue if NO support in the form of supplies and weapons had been given to the Afghan forces to ostensibly help them stand their ground.

J70

Taken from twitter

You've been called a fascist here?

Given that Trump set the whole thing up and as recently as a couple of months ago was making a big public deal of how Biden was way too slow in getting out of Afghanistan, you'd have to wonder what rock someone who really thinks Trump would be doing a better job has been living under for the past five years.

RedHand88

Quote from: J70 on August 27, 2021, 12:52:15 PM
Taken from twitter

Given that Trump set the whole thing up and as recently as a couple of months ago was making a big public deal of how Biden was way too slow in getting out of Afghanistan, you'd have to wonder what rock someone who really thinks Trump would be doing a better job has been living under for the past five years.

Yes, I have. All because I had reservations about Biden and that the "anybody but Trump" brigade should be careful. Feeling vindicated now.

Blaming Trump is completely missing the point. Its deflection from the real problem. Trump was right about withdrawing, Biden was right about withdrawing. Its the way it was actually carried out that is the issue. The Biden administration massively massively underestimated the Taliban and it has resulted in catastrophe.

whitey

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 27, 2021, 01:02:57 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 27, 2021, 12:52:15 PM
Taken from twitter

Yes, I have. All because I had reservations about Biden and that the "anybody but Trump" brigade should be careful. Feeling vindicated now.

Blaming Trump is completely missing the point. Its deflection from the real problem. Trump was right about withdrawing, Biden was right about withdrawing. Its the way it was actually carried out that is the issue. The Biden administration massively massively underestimated the Taliban and it has resulted in catastrophe.

https://www.newsweek.com/clip-biden-saying-people-wont-lifted-off-embassy-roof-afghanistan-resurfaces-just-that-happens-1619517

On July 8, Biden discussed the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan, swatting back concerns that a Taliban takeover of the country would be "inevitable." The president explicitly said that Americans would not see images reminiscent of the U.S. evacuation from Vietnam at the end of that war in 1975—when photos of helicopters evacuating people from the roof of the U.S. embassy in Saigon were widely circulated in the media.

"The Taliban is not the south—the North Vietnamese army. They're not—they're not remotely comparable in terms of capability. There's going to be no circumstance where you see people being lifted off the roof of a embassy in the—of the United States from Afghanistan. It is not at all comparable," Biden insisted during a July 8 press conference.

My biggest fear about Trump is that he would not listen to the advice of experts and get us into a situation like this

By all accounts Joe is the one that didn't listen to advice from the generals on the ground and ploughing ahead

I mean, FFS leaving 180 Blackhawk helicopters in the talibans hands......one man could have destroyed all 180 in about an hour with 180 grenades.

This is 100% on Joe

Cobra

Read this on the BBC website

A young female journalist says she, her mother, seven brothers and three sisters have been abandoned by her father, who was evacuated from Afghanistan with his second wife.

Zalash, not her real name, says she has been told by the Taliban that if she returns to her job as a journalist she will be killed.

She told BBC 5 Live she and her family were in temporary accommodation and feared for their lives.

"I want to try to save my family's life. It is heart-breaking for me. They want to go to university and school. We are so poor. We have one pen and the whole family is using it for schoolwork," she said.

Zalash, 18, said the family had been told by her father to go to the airport, and they waited for him for nearly 24 hours.

"We had a hard time. We didn't sleep. We stayed in the hot sun. The place was very dirty," she said.

"Then the troops told us my father didn't want us to go on the plane. He took his other wife and family. He said if we didn't leave he would slap me.

"We are left with tears and broken hearts. Our only hope is God."

It's pretty clear these people are a world away from us. Their crazy fanatical Islamic religion. Multiple wives. Many sons and daughters. This isn't a faith or culture that is compatible with western life. The west shouldn't be there. Lessons must be learned. Let them eat themselves. They cannot be helped. They are a lost cause.

Gmac

The taliban were asked and are providing security for the USA in Kabul and the administration gave all the names and addresses of us citizens and allies who are still there  to them , that is all you need to know about how over their heads these clowns are .