season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

Overall I'm not surprised that this has happened, an inter county season this year has always seemed unlikely if they cannot get patrons in the door in sufficient numbers to make it worthwhile and we must posit the question, is it a pressing concern for the GAA to ensure inter county matches take place when they will have to be essentially behind closed doors? The financial imperative in terms of the huge sums of money already paid from TV companies that was there in professional sports such as the Premier League doesn't seem to be the case for the GAA who are far more reliant on match tickets sold than broadcast right revenues.

Quote from: Rossfan on August 05, 2020, 10:08:15 AM
Disappointed that limits not raised to 500.
As for the season tickets... they're either going to abandon Inter County or play it in front of 'select" audiences without the  riff raff of regular followers.
I'd be suspicious of motives when something is announced around a holiday weekend or the first 2 weeks of August which are holiday time for many.
As there are no County games due for 10 weeks couldn't this have waited till late August early September?
This is the only thing that has given me pause, I don't think they can leave it past the first week in September to make a decision either way on inter county season going ahead or not and obviously this would tie into the season ticket viability as well. The mood music is only going one way but it seems early to pull plant right now. If the limit remains at 200 moving into October then having all season tickets still "active" would be a moot issue, if by some miracle the season goes ahead with attendances in the low thousands and it's the - as you put it - "select audiences" that are the ones inside the gates then it would of course be a total kick in the teeth for those of us who pay upfront and attend league matches during all the "glory" of the Irish spring weather.

Farrandeelin

Any word if these are going ahead in 2022 or are they 'done away with' as an inconvenience?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Wouldn't be surprised if they are dispensed with.
On the other hand it would be a nice fillip for the GAA coffers if they sold 20,000 of them before a ball is kicked or pucked.

Update .... it is hoped to have full season tickets in 2022, depending on Government Regulations re crowd sizes etc.
All 2020 ST holders will be given the option to renew.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Get the go-ahead...but ANOTHER increase - to €150 for CP season ticket holders. Club+ also up €50 to €250.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

€150 for 8 games.
Not much saving there unless single game prices rising to silly figures too.

NotedObserver

skeog

Should have been a freeze on prices due to the ongoing pandemic.I would say lot of people may not open their wallet.

clarshack

Quote from: Rossfan on November 23, 2021, 05:19:56 PM
€150 for 8 games.
Not much saving there unless single game prices rising to silly figures too.

There wasn't much saving if any the last time they were on sale. The only real benefit is guaranteed All-Ireland final tickets if your County gets there.

Milltown Row2

Is there value on a ten year ticket at Croke Park? Slightly off topic I know but with not being able to get down for all the games (or wanting to) at Croke would you be able to 'sell' your seat for games you do not attend and others would go to?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on November 24, 2021, 11:26:55 AM
AI ticket not certain per this report.
28 Counties won't need it anyway :-\

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaa-planning-to-hike-season-tickets-by-25-per-cent-41083428.html

Seen that but for the premium 10 tickets (on their website) it does say final tickets available plus first refusal for concerts
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Goldengreen

I see the Season tickets are on sale now ( well at least for Donegal). Got an email this morning. Interesting changes this year.

We have made some big changes to our GAA Season Ticket

No Season Ticket Cards
All tickets on your online account
No attendance requirements for All Ireland Tickets 
Championship Ticket purchases managed by you

RedHand88

Quote from: Goldengreen on December 02, 2021, 01:04:43 PM
I see the Season tickets are on sale now ( well at least for Donegal). Got an email this morning. Interesting changes this year.

No Season Ticket Cards

No attendance requirements? So every season ticket qualifies for the final?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 02, 2021, 01:21:26 PM
Quote from: Goldengreen on December 02, 2021, 01:04:43 PM

No Season Ticket Cards

No attendance requirements? So every season ticket qualifies for the final?

From what I can see league attendance no longer matters. For the championship you buy the games on the account (first game still free). You can opt out of one championship match. If you opt out of two then you are no longer eligible for An All Ireland ticket if your county get there.

Craigyhill Terror

Has anyone tried to renew yet? When I click the link it says "there is no invoice to pay at the moment".