The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on September 28, 2021, 09:44:58 PM
Curtis Jones is some operator
Genuinely he is my favourite Liverpool player at the moment.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gabriel_Hurl

Porto must be sick of the sight of us right now

johnnycool

If I were UEFA I'd be looking into the betting patterns of the Porto keeper and his mates..

He might as well not have been there for at least three of those goals.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: johnnycool on September 29, 2021, 08:13:19 AM
If I were UEFA I'd be looking into the betting patterns of the Porto keeper and his mates..

Yeah the keeper was shocking.
Solid performance away from home in the champions league though, got the opportunity to rest a couple of players ahead of the weekend and puts them in the driving seat in a difficult group.
Jones was excellent last night and has probably played himself into a starting spot for the city game
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

J70

Quote from: johnnycool on September 29, 2021, 08:13:19 AM

The second and fourth goals were bizarre.

It looked like he got a shout from someone on the second one and just let it run through. Maybe it was Mane!🙂

The fourth?? No idea how you'd explain that.

The rest - he just looked out of his depth, whether it was a poor night or that's all he has. Poor parry for the first. Firmino putting him on his arse for the last one.

f**k all he could do about the third in fairness.

Minus15

Quote from: laoislad on September 28, 2021, 09:47:54 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 28, 2021, 09:44:58 PM
Curtis Jones is some operator
Genuinely he is my favourite Liverpool player at the moment.

I think he is the closest player we have had to Steve McManaman in terms of style since he left in 99. He has great dribbling ability

quit yo jibbajabba

laoislad

Same thing actually crossed my mind the other night while watching the game.
He's going to be a great player in the years to come.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

johnnycool

Quote from: laoislad on September 30, 2021, 06:43:05 AM

He was playing decent stuff last season and then seemed to be either injured or out of favour and never featured for the latter part of the season.

Which was it?

J70

Quote from: johnnycool on September 30, 2021, 08:27:43 AM
Quote from: laoislad on September 30, 2021, 06:43:05 AM

He was playing decent stuff last season and then seemed to be either injured or out of favour and never featured for the latter part of the season.

Which was it?

Can't remember if he had any injuries, but Thiago got fit and found some form, Fabinho was finally moved back into midfield, and Wijnaldum took the other spot. They won 8 or 9 of their final ten games and went unbeaten with that midfield. Wouldn't be easy for a young lad to break back in.

Minus15

He was down the pecking order I believe. Klopp and his backroom team demand very specific things from the players. E.g. positioning with and without the ball, decision making, tactical discipline, pressing. There was a quote from Klopp after the Porto game commending Jones for 'pressing from the blind side'

Against Norwich last week, Jones played the first half in the holding role and didn't look out of place. After the game Klopp described the first half as a bit chaotic and preferred it when Morton was in there and Jones in the 8 position.

Often what we see on TV and the small details Klopp and his team demand can lead to different conclusions.

Jones is still only 20. We saw it with Robertson and Fabinho. Once the requirements of the role and what the manager wants clicks, players can go from strength to strength. Would be great to see Jones grab his chance.

J70

Liverpool getting their arses handed to them, possession-wise.

Luckily City haven't created much, but it's only a matter of time and how many if this keeps up.

Nothing sticking up front for Liverpool, midfield can't get on the ball. Defenders just hoofing it up and back to City.

Milner is going to get the line too.

Get Gomez in at right back, Firmino in up front to see if he can at least try to hold up the ball.

Armamike

Looks ominous so far. City have been given far too much time on the ball. Intensity needs to be much higher.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea