The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Ricci

I don't think Liverpool can have too many complaints about Origi, they're the ones who rewarded him with the big contract and now they are feeling aggrieved that he wants to see it out. Clubs are  bumping up players wages willy nilly and then can't understand why they don't want to leave.

Man Utd done similar with Phil Jones to stop him leaving for free and now can't rid of the cnut for love nor money.

Same as zouma with West ham, Happy to stay at Chelsea on the bit wages. Not a bit worried about playing

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 24, 2021, 03:08:24 PM
Agree. If he'd left after barca/spurs goals he wouldve left a hero now each year its more apparent he doesnt overly want to play first team football and is happy benchwarmin for a big team and the ££

So you want players to sign contracts and honor them, but when they do they're cnuts? Some people are never happy

The problem was the length of the contract
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Kinda like Kane's contract at Spurs. It swings both ways. Sometimes in the players favour, sometimes the clubs. He's a legend for what he has done in terms of his key goals but he hasn't pushed on. It seems his ambition isn't the greatest therefore we have to suck it up if he won't leave. A shame really as I genuinely thought before that thug from Everton broke his leg he was gonna be something special. He hasn't been the same since

J70

It goes both ways with contracts.

Pogba is playing out of his skin four months from being eligible to negotiate a contract with a new club. Will he keep up the effort for United in the spring when he's packing his bags to move back to Paris or is shopping for houses in Madrid.

dec

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 24, 2021, 03:08:24 PM
Agree. If he'd left after barca/spurs goals he wouldve left a hero now each year its more apparent he doesnt overly want to play first team football and is happy benchwarmin for a big team and the ££

I had hoped after those goals he would get more time in the starting line-up, becoming the fourth forward along with the big 3.

johnnycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 24, 2021, 03:59:38 PM
Kinda like Kane's contract at Spurs. It swings both ways. Sometimes in the players favour, sometimes the clubs. He's a legend for what he has done in terms of his key goals but he hasn't pushed on. It seems his ambition isn't the greatest therefore we have to suck it up if he won't leave. A shame really as I genuinely thought before that thug from Everton broke his leg he was gonna be something special. He hasn't been the same since

the leg break that wasn't a leg break?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36098307

He was meant to be pushing Lukaka for the number one spot for Belgium but a spot on the Liverpool bench is as good as it gets..

quit yo jibbajabba

I have a vague recollection of the Divock starting a World Cup finals match ahead of lukau/benteke and others when he was v young, think pool had signed him but he hadnt moved yet, just shows how highly rated he was at a time, fair to say he hasnt improved as hoped whereas the Lukaku is now a certified beast;

He had a great half season as bcb1 says afore yer man injured him, break or not

gawa316

This is the best thing I read in twitter recently ...Now Shaqiri has left Liverpool can we openly talk about how he had a hair transplant on international duty but didn't realise he couldn't head a ball for six weeks or go outside without a hat on? 😅 imagine having to tell your boss that...🤣🤣

Hound

Has Divock been turning down offers? From what teams?

It's not his fault Liverpool gave him a juicy contract.  And given his European Cup semi final and final exploits, I don't begrudge him a penny of it.

So long as Klopp keeps him away from first team action, I'm not losing any sleep over him! We've good options.

quit yo jibbajabba

Think he has. 2/3 teams were mentioned but not sure who actually offered.

Yeah i dont blame him my original point was that with him not moving on id say pool might not make move for striker as they dont want a man on 80k a week or whatever sittin doing nothing, if his wages go it frees up money for a new boy.

For our Origi id say Utd have similar with Jones, a boy on a hefty wage happy to sit and take it. Good luck to them

Capt Pat

Champions league draw coming up at 5 o'clock. Liverpool are in pot 2 with Man U, Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Seville and Dortmund which means Liverpool will avoid all those teams. Being in pot 2 this year seems to be just as advantageous as being in pot 1 in terms of avoiding top teams.

quit yo jibbajabba

Just looked at that Pat. Few seed1 teams who would be poorer than the norm alright. AC Milan sticking out like a sore thumb in Pot 4 tho id say theyre not to be overly feared possibly...time will tell

Pool well overdue a visit to Russia.....

Capt Pat

We can't face City or Chelsea out of pot 1 either, we could get a good draw from pot 1.

dec

Capt Pat

Atletico Madrid. At least its not Bayern.