The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: John Egans left boot on May 28, 2021, 12:26:15 PM
Heading off to play three crackers this bank holiday weekend in Scotland.

Turnberry followed by Royal Dornoch and then Brora ,some travel in between but Brora in particular is meant to be unreal.

Trump is an ass but by god the changes in that course and Turnberry in general cannot be underestimated, very decent price and easy to get too from Belfast, well worth a visit for many on here.

Are you based over there or taking the motor over? The ferry is a scandalous price at times

NotedObserver

Quote from: JimStynes on May 28, 2021, 03:41:28 PM

Turnberry followed by Royal Dornoch and then Brora ,some travel in between but Brora in particular is meant to be unreal.

Trump is an ass but by god the changes in that course and Turnberry in general cannot be underestimated, very decent price and easy to get too from Belfast, well worth a visit for many on here.

Are you based over there or taking the motor over? The ferry is a scandalous price at times

Try and play trump Aberdeen at some point. Top class

Tony Baloney

You are fond of a round if you are heading away up to Sunderland!

JimStynes

Quote from: NotedObserver on May 28, 2021, 03:43:51 PM

Try and play trump Aberdeen at some point. Top class

I've heard that Trump's courses are unreal.

thewobbler

Would love to spend a month driving Scotland's coast and playing golf.

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: JimStynes on May 28, 2021, 10:52:52 AM
Me and a few mates are heading up to play all 3 courses at Rossapena. 195 euro for all 3. I've never played it so looking forward to it. My aim this summer is to play 5 or 6 of the top courses. It's that bloody expensive for some of them though that it totally puts me off. I don't care how good the course is, I wouldn't pay near £300 for it.

Where did you get this deal? I've a week in Downings to kill in August and that sounds about perfect. Play 18 and off to the harbour bar for a liquid lunch, just need to get the permission slip stamped now!

JimStynes

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on May 28, 2021, 08:01:32 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on May 28, 2021, 10:52:52 AM
Me and a few mates are heading up to play all 3 courses at Rossapena. 195 euro for all 3. I've never played it so looking forward to it. My aim this summer is to play 5 or 6 of the top courses. It's that bloody expensive for some of them though that it totally puts me off. I don't care how good the course is, I wouldn't pay near £300 for it.

Where did you get this deal? I've a week in Downings to kill in August and that sounds about perfect. Play 18 and off to the harbour bar for a liquid lunch, just need to get the permission slip stamped now!

I rang their pro shop but it's actually on their website as well. Definitely going to make the most of that deal.

Gabriel_Hurl

I have Bandon Dunes booked for next March - 6 rounds in 4 days

screenexile

The 2 leaders +3 and +2 for the first 4 holes this could be entertaining enough!

Estimator

Taken from Twitter:

If Kokrak wins, Spieth will be 10-for-20 in his PGA Tour career converting 54-hole leads.

JT, DJ, Rory all between 50-60% converting last 10 years.

Tour average last 10 seasons when leading/co-leading is just 35%.

Tiger - 55-for-59 - is totally insane
Ulster League Champions 2009

Gabriel_Hurl

All I'm reading from that is Tiger is a bottler

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 01, 2021, 06:11:44 AM

93% win rate when he leads after 54 holes. Bottler alright
Hasta la victoria siempre

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on June 01, 2021, 06:39:00 AM

What's Leyton Hewitts conversion rating when leading after 54?

Keyser soze

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on June 01, 2021, 07:26:49 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on June 01, 2021, 06:39:00 AM

What's Leyton Hewitts conversion rating when leading after 54?

Usually has lots of double faults on the sunday.

maddog

heading over this weekend coming Holyhead to Dublin. £479. Is there a dearer stretch of water anywhere?