China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

ROI weekly update. Rise in cases mostly to do with the cluster outbreaks in Waterford, Sligo and Athlone. Hospital situation remains very stable.

Cases 2393 (172 more than last week)
In hospital 47 ( 2 fewer than last Sunday)
In ICU 15 (no change)

Interesting week ahead for the decision makers.

seafoid

Until Covid is destroyed in poor areas of the world such as India, Brazil, East London, Russia etc, pubs will be opening and closing and opening and closing.

Over to Julia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3s3F1VXFQ4
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Nonsense. It is not going to be eradicated in areas poor or otherwise.

joemamas

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 27, 2021, 03:50:45 PM
ROI weekly update. Rise in cases mostly to do with the cluster outbreaks in Waterford, Sligo and Athlone. Hospital situation remains very stable.

In ICU 15 (no change)

47 in hospital for covid represents 0.00001% (yes that is four zeros) of the Irish Population.
This plus looking at the map at the top of the page has to be the WTF moment for Irish people.
How the heck do people who are fully vaccinated feel that they cannot eat indoors or go for a pint.

Rudi

Quote from: joemamas on June 27, 2021, 06:28:54 PM

In ICU 15 (no change)

47 in hospital for covid represents 0.00001% (yes that is four zeros) of the Irish Population.
This plus looking at the map at the top of the page has to be the WTF moment for Irish people.
How the heck do people who are fully vaccinated feel that they cannot eat indoors or go for a pint.

Watching the game between Holland & Cze Republic is a wtf moment for me, capacity crowd. Mean while in the democratic banana republic 200 bodies at a GAA match.

joemamas

Quote from: Rudi on June 27, 2021, 06:43:27 PM

In ICU 15 (no change)

Watching the game between Holland & Cze Republic is a wtf moment for me, capacity crowd. Mean while in the democratic banana republic 200 bodies at a GAA match.

Please don't get my blood pressure up to the max. I started a thread on the GAA discussion on this topic. Watched the Mayo v Sligo, the terrace behind the goal that would accommodate 4k or 5k,
Not a single person was standing there. Where are all the Gaelic Gael TD's and local politicians on this.
How many of them have gotten elected on the back of their GAA exploits, now radio silence.

thebigfella

In ICU 15 (no change)

Did you verify the map is correct?

armaghniac

Quote from: thebigfella on June 27, 2021, 07:23:15 PM

I'd say the situation is nuanced across different countries. Even in Ireland you can dine if you stay in an hotel, which I did during the week.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farrandeelin

Quote from: armaghniac on June 27, 2021, 08:20:28 PM

I'd say the situation is nuanced across different countries. Even in Ireland you can dine if you stay in an hotel, which I did during the week.

That's true. Stay in a hotel and you can eat in it, but go to the local coffee shop and you can't. Such a f**king shit-show 'St. Tony' and all have created.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

armaghniac

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 27, 2021, 08:30:45 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 27, 2021, 08:20:28 PM

That's true. Stay in a hotel and you can eat in it, but go to the local coffee shop and you can't. Such a f**king shit-show 'St. Tony' and all have created.

It allows the hotel open and the turnover of guests is very much less than in a coffee shop. People can get a takout coffee and sit out.

highorlow

The next 2 weeks are vital. Hold firm.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

armaghniac

Quote from: highorlow on June 28, 2021, 11:12:14 PM
The next 2 weeks are vital. Hold firm.

The end is in sight though, impatience is inappropriate. Research today shows that RNA vaccines will likely have a long life. Other research shows that a third jab gives you protection with something to spare against any current variant. Yet other research shows that mixing vaccines gives you great protection. If everyone gets the job and doesn't act the maggot and if older people who haven't had Covid will get a booster in November and this will be over.

highorlow

There is no end in sight NPHET didn't give an end date.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Wildweasel74

Am all for lockdown and all but it's getting a joke when you see the crowds at the Euros, there be another lockdown in the winter so it be better to let people get some enjoyment out of the summer. If they closed the airports I think we been on alot better situation so the problem is self inflicted.

thewobbler

If, if if, if.

If, if, if, if.

And if you do all that, and keep your doors locked, they can still close entire cities down at the drop of a hay.

——

It summertime. If we learned anything from last summer it's that the virus doesn't spread efficiently outdoors. It we should have learned anything from history it's that hospitals have more capacity in summer than winter.

The Irish govt are not leading. They're hiding behind the cupboard.