China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

No thanks, Ivor is one of the most gullible conspiracy theorists out there.

Wildweasel74

Given this us a island closing the airports would reduced any delta variant and possible hit us bck to a normal life. The Covid rate will increase with holiday makers coming home.

armaghniac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 25, 2021, 09:01:53 PM
Numbers coming from Israel are f**king grim.

Looks like Delta has really compromised the vaccines (not fully thank feck - but its not good).

Given the shite approach to track and trace so far - the horse has probably already bolted.

Grim because they have gone up, but they still have only about one tenth of the number of cases here.
Israel pushed on an vaccinated 60% of people and then eased up. That is not enough for herd immunity so there are enough unvaccinated people to allow the thing spread. The basic point is that everyone has to get vaccinated, no acting the bollocks, to stop this.
But track and trace is also a way forward, RTÉ had a clip on during the week about Denmark which does a load of tests and keeps things under control.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tiempo

There should be reparations, f**king w**ks that made this in the lab should be strung up

Tony Baloney

Quote from: armaghniac on June 25, 2021, 11:12:08 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 25, 2021, 09:01:53 PM
Numbers coming from Israel are f**king grim.

Looks like Delta has really compromised the vaccines (not fully thank feck - but its not good).

Given the shite approach to track and trace so far - the horse has probably already bolted.

Grim because they have gone up, but they still have only about one tenth of the number of cases here.
Israel pushed on an vaccinated 60% of people and then eased up. That is not enough for herd immunity so there are enough unvaccinated people to allow the thing spread. The basic point is that everyone has to get vaccinated, no acting the bollocks, to stop this.
But track and trace is also a way forward, RTÉ had a clip on during the week about Denmark which does a load of tests and keeps things under control.
A strange approach when they seemingly had it under control. A good analogy I saw last week is that if you see it as a fire and you get a fire under control but let it smoulder rather than fully extinguish it, there is a good likelihood it will rise up again.

ONeill

Know a girl who has had the 2 jabs, got the new variant and was wiped out. Waiting game to see if the vaccine helps the elderly.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2021, 09:15:17 PM
Quote from: joemamas on June 25, 2021, 07:13:05 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2021, 07:02:36 PM
Let her rip........ ::)

Does that mean you disagree with me, fine. Then counter.
Wonder how you will feel 4 weeks from Sunday, if it is Mayo V Roscommon and they dont allow vaccinated people to attend, meanwhile in London they will be at 75% capacity at events in two weeks.
I will be trying to avoid getting Covid Delta.
If that means nit being able to attend a feckin football match so be it.
My health is more important.
If you're that worried about a wee cold sit in the house. Everyone else should be allowed out though.

Rossfan

Tough choice in a pandemic....CMO or Armagh 18......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2021, 11:51:20 PM
Tough choice in a pandemic....CMO or Armagh 18......
You enjoy yourself now..

Milltown Row2

Any word on if the south will be opening up?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 26, 2021, 08:38:15 AM

Thursday I believe.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ONeill on June 25, 2021, 11:26:58 PM
Know a girl who has had the 2 jabs, got the new variant and was wiped out. Waiting game to see if the vaccine helps the elderly.

My wife said she knows of someone similar. Two vaccines, went to England on a hen party, sick as a dog afterwards.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

And some posters telling us to be like England  ::)
Announcement expected Thursday on what will, may or may not be opening from 5th July.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0626/1231448-delta-variant/
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 26, 2021, 10:19:32 AM
My wife said she knows of someone similar. Two vaccines, went to England on a hen party, sick as a dog afterwards.

and this is connected to Covid?  :D
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 26, 2021, 10:17:41 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 26, 2021, 08:38:15 AM

Thursday I believe.
Until delta catches it like Conor Whelan hooking Michael Cahill.in 2017
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU