Mc Grane
Frank Mc Guigan

illdecide

Peter Canavan is def one
Sean O Neill is another
Brian McAlinden (goal keeper)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Onlooker

Sean O'Neill, Frank McGuigan, John Joe O'Reilly.

cornafean

Quote from: Onlooker on October 30, 2009, 11:59:34 AM

Most football followers of a certain vintage in Cornafean would maintain that John Joe, for all his talents, was not as good a footballer as his brother Big Tom.

When John Lennon was asked if Ringo Starr was the best drummer in the world, he replied, "He's not even the best drummer in The Beatles!"
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

full back

Quote from: illdecide on October 30, 2009, 11:39:26 AM
Peter Canavan is def one
Sean O Neill is another
Brian McAlinden (goal keeper)

Thou jest?

The Konica

longrunsthefox

In my memory Frank McGuigan  Gerry McElhinney  Peter Canavan... in that order

anglocelt39

Difficult to pick three there are so many so I'll bend the rules in my own home Counties direction and suggest that any lads with three All Ireland Senior medals have to be up there regardless of the era. Step forward Mick Higgins. I'm also fairly sure Phil the Gunner Brady and Tony Tighe have the three (not sure both lined out in 1948 but would be fairly certain).

Still waiting for the replacements to come through unfortunately
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Celt_Man

Jaysus that's tough one to name just three...

From our own county...  John Joe O'Reilly, his brother big Tom, Jim Reilly from Kingscourt, two from my own club Charlie Gallagher who until recently was the top scorer in the Ulster Championship and Hughie O'Reilly (involved in every one of Cavan's All Irelands)... feck this I'm away to start a Cavan one!!

From Down, Sean O'Neill, in fairness Peter Canavan was decent enough  ;) Big Frank McGuigan too. A good few names stand out from the early 90's Linden, Carr, Downey...

feck this impossible
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Mourne Rover

Cornafean, this John Lennon you mention is not known in GAA circles - was he related to the Down legend Joe Lennon ?

Celt_Man

Frank McGuigan - Laochra Gael on TG 4 now
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Rav67

Can only comment on the last 15 years:

Canavan
McGeeney
Tohill

...with a nod to Mickey Linden.

Sean O'Neill and JJ O'Reilly made the team of the Millenium so I'll assume they were decent footballers too.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: cornafean on October 30, 2009, 12:09:13 PM
Quote from: Onlooker on October 30, 2009, 11:59:34 AM

Most football followers of a certain vintage in Cornafean would maintain that John Joe, for all his talents, was not as good a footballer as his brother Big Tom.

When John Lennon was asked if Ringo Starr was the best drummer in the world, he replied, "He's not even the best drummer in The Beatles!"

they said the same thing about ray silke some one asked was he the best centre back in galway to whic the reply was " he is not even the best centre back in his own house" not that ray gives a fiddlers.sorry for hi jacking the thread
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Throw ball

Of the players I remember:
Frank McGuigan
Mickey Linden
Geezer

wheres he takin er from

not wanting to go off the topic here, but how much longer will it be til sean cavanagh's name is mentioned in this sort of company? still many years ahead but looks like he'll go down as a great. question is will he be in the same breath as those already mentioned.
First on the field and last to leave