15 Year Ban For Rugby Club

Started by full back, August 28, 2009, 08:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Some of the video work is dodgy but plenty of bad b4stards floating about

http://www.rugby365.com/all_news/sa/news/1858761.htm

The Heidelberg Rugby Club has been banned for 15 years after fans went on the rampage at a club match in Mossel Bay on August 1. rugby365 brings you the evidence!

Several people were wounded when hooligans ran onto the pitch with knives, broken bottles and pipes following Mossel Bay's victory over Heidelberg.

Criminal charges have been laid.

Here's a video clip of the events. Have a look and decide for yourself!

botman

Sured you'd expect nothing else from a bundle of South Africans.  ::)
Keep them at it.

Gnevin

Too right . Should be banned for life.

I love how this gets a thread and the riot on Tuesday is barely given a passing though but I suppose this sort of thing is still shocking in Rugby.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

full back

Quote from: Gnevin on August 28, 2009, 08:42:27 AM

I love how this gets a thread and the riot on Tuesday is barely given a passing though but I suppose this sort of thing is still shocking in Rugby.

I assume you are talking about the West Ham/Milwall game?

If so you are talking complete shite by comparing the 2 ::)

Galwaybhoy

Passing though?  There was loads of posts about Tuesday night, I think your hate of all things soccer is clouding your judgement.

Gnevin

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on August 28, 2009, 08:52:44 AM

Passing though?  There was loads of posts about Tuesday night, I think your hate of all things soccer is clouding your judgement.

I don't hate soccer and the only post I seen on it were http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=10216.15 . It didn't get a thread of it's own as far as I know
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: full back on August 28, 2009, 08:50:15 AM

True. I didn't think about got stabbed at the Rugby game

full back

Quote from: Gnevin on August 28, 2009, 08:57:12 AM

Yeah, stick to incidents that happen incident the ground when comparing the two incidents
Cheers

Gnevin

Quote from: full back on August 28, 2009, 08:59:48 AM

Yeah, stick to incidents that happen incident the ground when comparing the two incidents
Cheers

Why because it suits you agenda? It was all apart of the same trouble

Galwaybhoy

It didn't get its own thread but over two pages of that thread is devoted to it.  You were hardly expecting ten pages between two English teams, one a mediocre Premier League team, the other a lower league team.  I know they are massive rivals but they were hardly going to get as many posts as lets if it was  Liverpool and Man Utd.

Gnevin

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on August 28, 2009, 09:02:43 AM
It didn't get its own thread but over two pages of that thread is devoted to it.  You were hardly expecting ten pages between two English teams, one a mediocre Premier League team, the other a lower league team.  I know they are massive rivals but they were hardly going to get as many posts as lets if it was  Liverpool and Man Utd.

2 pages on a riot! When the rumour of a rumour of a player moving will get 4 or 5 .There are plenty of so called soccer fans here . Maybe the just weren't interested in people getting stab and player be endangered !

full back

Quote from: Gnevin on August 28, 2009, 09:02:20 AM

Cheers

:D
Do you think I have an agenda against rugby?

If a soccer club were banned for 15 years for their supporters coming onto the field to attack people with knives, broken bottles & pipes I am pretty sure any sane individual would post a report of it

Get over yourself & be objective when considering things ::)

Galwaybhoy

You will also get more than ten pages on a Six Nations match on here and I guarantee this thread wont get ten pages, whats your point?

Gnevin

Quote from: full back on August 28, 2009, 09:07:46 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 28, 2009, 09:02:20 AM

Cheers

:D
Do you think I have an agenda against rugby?

If a soccer club were banned for 15 years for their supporters coming onto the field to attack people with knives, broken bottles & pipes I am pretty sure any sane individual would post a report of it

Get over yourself & be objective when considering things ::)
No I don't think you've an agenda.  I was just pointing out the difference between the two incidents .

Gnevin

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on August 28, 2009, 09:08:54 AM
You will also get more than ten pages on a Six Nations match on here and I guarantee this thread wont get ten pages, whats your point?
The point is if their was a riot at the  London Irish - Wasp game you'd be damned sure it would get a thread of its own as I said maybe this kind of stuff is still considered shocking in Rugby.