Jaysus, maybe we'll have two this year :D

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 25, 2008, 10:25:16 AM
Jaysus, maybe we'll have two this year :D

good idea Az maybe bimbidal could have a league of his own  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Rossie11

Az Do ya remember you were going to have a look at a league when transfers couldnt be made until later in week rather than live.
Any luck with that?

AZOffaly

I don't remember that to be honest Rossie. Refresh my memory.

thejuice

Royal County Kings are ready to play.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossie11

That the transfers would freeze until Monday/Tuesday and you wouldnt be able to bring in a player on Sunday during a game.
It gives anyone watching with a laptop an unfair advantage (granted I have benefited from this myself).
Its probably the only flaw in an otherwise brilliant game.

AZOffaly

Ah. I see what you mean. I think we'll stick with Yahoo because it seems to allow the most entrants while catering for head to head, but I'll see if there's something in the league settings.

thejuice

Alot of running backs high in the draft, Couldnt find any info on scoring etc. How is the draft organised, as in who gets the first pick?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

The draft is live online, and the order is randomly determined about half an hour before the draft takes place.

AZOffaly

For scoring stats, select scores and settings off the menu bar. Here they are anyway

Stat Categories:     
Passing Yards (50 yards per point; 2 points at 250 yards; 2 points at 300 yards; 5 points at 400 yards)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)

Rushing Yards (20 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 200 yards)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Receptions (0.5)
Reception Yards (20 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 200 yards)
Reception Touchdowns (6)

Return Yards (20 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 200 yards)
Return Touchdowns (8)
2-Point Conversions (2)

Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)

Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-5)
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-4)
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-2)
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (-2)
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (-1)

Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-3)

Team Defence Stats
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (8)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (8)
Points Allowed 0 points (15)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (10)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (7)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (2)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

Individual Stats
Tackle Solo (0.5)
Sack (3)
Interception (2)
Fumble Force (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Pass Defended (1)
Block Kick (2)

GalwayBayBoy

In as the Galway Bay Tribesmen. ;D

bombidal

Im back, must be the favourite after the absolute hammerings I dished out to most of you guys last year. 

Im involved in the nfl.com/fantasy game as well.

It is very very good -

- free live scoring which is top class
- there is a waiver line that only opens on a Tuesday so that will stop the thiefs on a sunday night picking up players
- 12 team max ( 4 per division with the winners and one wildcard making the semis )

Will set on up closer to the time and maybe invite guys whom will be active.
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

AZOffaly

I was looking at the NFL one as well bombidal, but the 12 team limit kills us. We've already got 16 or 17 so far.

AZOffaly

Lads, just a thought here. What would you think of dropping the number of starting QBs required from 2 to 1. With 20 teams, that means 40 quarterbacks, and there ain't that many teams in the NFL. You'd still have to pick more than one QB in the draft, probably, to make sure you have a backup for injuries/bye weeks or whatever.

What do ye think?

I could also maybe trim a couple of the other positions, maybe drop the W/T or the W/R slot. (They currently allow you to pick either an extra WR or an extra TE , or an extra WR or extra RB).

the Deel Rover

probably would be better with one Qb Az
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001