Football boss sent bullet in post

Started by ziggysego, March 29, 2008, 03:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: stew on March 31, 2008, 03:13:30 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on March 31, 2008, 03:09:16 PM
Saffron Sam2

I was at the oval on saturday and having read those articles from the Irish News I can remember about 5 lads queing for coffee dressed in all black and with English accents.  One even had a gas mask.  They did stand out, but after I went back to my mates behind the goal I thought no more of it.

let me get this straight, you saw 5 english lads all dressed the same and one had a feckin gas mask with him and you thought nothing of it????

Maybe they were from the pipe fitters union and were waiting to put a cork in the keepers hoop if he let rip during the game?

memo to Chris. If five guys are dressed the same from head to toe and they speak with foreign accents and one of them has a gas mask, bad things are going to happen! :-[

It would appear that some of the scum you claim were not at the game actually were at the game. sammy, you are either the most deluded plonker I have ever come across or else you are a bit of a bitter fecker, my money is on a bit of both.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

SammyG

Quote from: stew on April 04, 2008, 04:32:20 PM
Saffron Sam2

I was at the oval on saturday and having read those articles from the Irish News I can remember about 5 lads queing for coffee dressed in all black and with English accents.  One even had a gas mask.  They did stand out, but after I went back to my mates behind the goal I thought no more of it.

let me get this straight, you saw 5 english lads all dressed the same and one had a feckin gas mask with him and you thought nothing of it????

Maybe they were from the pipe fitters union and were waiting to put a cork in the keepers hoop if he let rip during the game?

memo to Chris. If five guys are dressed the same from head to toe and they speak with foreign accents and one of them has a gas mask, bad things are going to happen! :-[

It would appear that some of the scum you claim were not at the game actually were at the game.

Don't know if that's aimed at me (you've quoted Chris) but none of the scum involved on Saturday were at the match. That has now been acknowledged by everybody from the bar owner, to the Peelers, to even the Andytown News.

stew

Quote from: SammyG on April 04, 2008, 04:36:10 PM
Quote from: stew on April 04, 2008, 04:32:20 PM
Saffron Sam2

It would appear that some of the scum you claim were not at the game actually were at the game.

Don't know if that's aimed at me (you've quoted Chris) but none of the scum involved on Saturday were at the match. That has now been acknowledged by everybody from the bar owner, to the Peelers, to even the Andytown News.

So it is safe to say then that the 5 englanders, one of whom had a feckin gas mask had nothing to do with the trouble that broke out when catholics attacked the bar.

Is it also fair to say that the pictures that have been posted on this thread are a fabrication?

I am sure that the GAA will be pulling the plug on the stadium if there is even mention of it being built in Belfast.

SammyG

Quote from: stew on April 04, 2008, 04:40:38 PMSo it is safe to say then that the 5 englanders, one of whom had a feckin gas mask had nothing to do with the trouble that broke out when catholics attacked the bar.
It is safe to say that no-one who was at the match, was involved in the attack on the bar. (p.s. it turns out it wasn't a gas mask it was one of the horrible CP jackets
Would you pay £600 to look that shite?
Quote from: stew on April 04, 2008, 04:40:38 PM
Is it also fair to say that the pictures that have been posted on this thread are a fabrication?
Not at all but they are completely unrelated to the attack on Saturday
Quote from: stew on April 04, 2008, 04:40:38 PM
I am sure that the GAA will be pulling the plug on the stadium if there is even mention of it being built in Belfast.
Aye because the Maze is in a totally neutral area  ::)

An Fear Dearg

Quote from: stew on April 04, 2008, 04:02:17 PM
Quote from: SammyG on April 04, 2008, 03:15:17 PM
Quote from: stew on April 04, 2008, 02:42:57 PM
There is no way I will ever set foot in WP again after this. I was prepared to go and watch the six play in WP to se for myself what the atmosphere islike and how welcoming the fans are but there is no need to go anymore. I would prefer to keep my neck intact and not have to worry about monkeys wearing gas masks, especially if I had to buy a ticket to go to the game.
So you think that some neo-Nazi hooligans, with no connection to WP, or the IFA or Linfield is a reason for not attending an NI match? You can't beat logic like that.
Fearon might be wrong here and there but on the subject of norn iron football he was proven right. Football For all is an embarassment at this stage. Do yourselves a favour lads and give up the ghost.
WTF have some neo-Nazi scum got to do with FFA?

They are attracted to the IFA because of their rather checkered past, present and are trying to be a part of their furure. The problem is sammy that if the IFA never once show that they have the balls to hold the clubs accountable for their fans behaviour the neo nazis see that as an opportunity. they identify with linfield because they were themselves an extremist organization with their no catholic policy just like their sister club of hate rangers had such a policy.

Ask yourself this sammy. What is it about northern ireland football that atracted this shower of shit in the first place???

The IFA have let far to much go in the past, they are a pro union organization themselves and their top brass have always been predominantly protestant. Why would any catholic fan go to any games in the north after this?

The fact is soccer attracts more of their fair share of scumbags, Northern Ireland has a ton of decent fans who want nothing to do with controversy but they continue t be let down by the IFA and the fact that groups such as the neo nazis see something i the northern ireland fans to want to identify with them. In short they see an extremist element and they gravitate toward it. Scum like some of the linfield fans and indeed some of the glentoran fans who have almost as bad a history as Linfield hurt the FFA campaign and I believe they want to do so because they want a mono cultural sport and the IFA do little to hold them accountable so in comes the neo nazis to further set back a noble idea.
If you're basing your hyperbole on some of the Sunday newspaper coverage of events on Saturday, then I'd suggest you take a step back.  The reports of bus(es) of Linfield fans in Linfield colours stopping and said fans getting off to wreak havoc in the Castle Street/Kings Street area are simply untrue.

The most likely explanation is that those responsibile were Linfield's organised hooligans, Section F, together with some like-minded far-right accomplices from England (possibly Chelsea) and Scotland (possibly Rangers and/or Airdrie). They would have been in casual clothes, not Linfield colours, and while it seems that they were scouring the city centre for Reds fans to attack on Saturday, they may well even not have been at the Linfield-Cliftonville match.  That is often the modus operandi of such groups - they have no interest in the actual football, only in violence, usually - as in this case - nowhere near the heavily policed stadium where the game takes place.

And if you're trying to lay the blame or any responsibility for what they did with the IFA and/or Linfield then I think you're being very unfair, and I say that as a Cliftonville fan who has no time for how the IFA often tried to shaft our club in years gone by, and who is not a big Linfield fan.  What could the IFA and/or Linfield do about a group of Linfield hooligans, who may well not even have been at the game, and who carried out acts of violence miles away from the stadium over an hour after the final whistle?!  :-\

SammyG

AFD

You're getting confused and along stupid things like facts, to cloud your judgement.  ;)

stew

Quote from: An Fear Dearg on April 04, 2008, 04:51:48 PM
Quote from: stew on April 04, 2008, 04:02:17 PM
Quote from: SammyG on April 04, 2008, 03:15:17 PM
There is no way I will ever set foot in WP again after this. I was prepared to go and watch the six play in WP to se for myself what the atmosphere islike and how welcoming the fans are but there is no need to go anymore. I would prefer to keep my neck intact and not have to worry about monkeys wearing gas masks, especially if I had to buy a ticket to go to the game.
So you think that some neo-Nazi hooligans, with no connection to WP, or the IFA or Linfield is a reason for not attending an NI match? You can't beat logic like that.
Fearon might be wrong here and there but on the subject of norn iron football he was proven right. Football For all is an embarassment at this stage. Do yourselves a favour lads and give up the ghost.
WTF have some neo-Nazi scum got to do with FFA?

They are attracted to the IFA because of their rather checkered past, present and are trying to be a part of their furure. The problem is sammy that if the IFA never once show that they have the balls to hold the clubs accountable for their fans behaviour the neo nazis see that as an opportunity. they identify with linfield because they were themselves an extremist organization with their no catholic policy just like their sister club of hate rangers had such a policy.

Ask yourself this sammy. What is it about northern ireland football that atracted this shower of shit in the first place???

The IFA have let far to much go in the past, they are a pro union organization themselves and their top brass have always been predominantly protestant. Why would any catholic fan go to any games in the north after this?

The fact is soccer attracts more of their fair share of scumbags, Northern Ireland has a ton of decent fans who want nothing to do with controversy but they continue t be let down by the IFA and the fact that groups such as the neo nazis see something i the northern ireland fans to want to identify with them. In short they see an extremist element and they gravitate toward it. Scum like some of the linfield fans and indeed some of the glentoran fans who have almost as bad a history as Linfield hurt the FFA campaign and I believe they want to do so because they want a mono cultural sport and the IFA do little to hold them accountable so in comes the neo nazis to further set back a noble idea.
If you're basing your hyperbole on some of the Sunday newspaper coverage of events on Saturday, then I'd suggest you take a step back.  The reports of bus(es) of Linfield fans in Linfield colours stopping and said fans getting off to wreak havoc in the Castle Street/Kings Street area are simply untrue.

The most likely explanation is that those responsibile were Linfield's organised hooligans, Section F, together with some like-minded far-right accomplices from England (possibly Chelsea) and Scotland (possibly Rangers and/or Airdrie). They would have been in casual clothes, not Linfield colours, and while it seems that they were scouring the city centre for Reds fans to attack on Saturday, they may well even not have been at the Linfield-Cliftonville match.  That is often the modus operandi of such groups - they have no interest in the actual football, only in violence, usually - as in this case - nowhere near the heavily policed stadium where the game takes place.

And if you're trying to lay the blame or any responsibility for what they did with the IFA and/or Linfield then I think you're being very unfair, and I say that as a Cliftonville fan who has no time for how the IFA often tried to shaft our club in years gone by, and who is not a big Linfield fan.  What could the IFA and/or Linfield do about a group of Linfield hooligans, who may well not even have been at the game, and who carried out acts of violence miles away from the stadium over an hour after the final whistle?!  :-\

You said it yourself, these are Linfield fans, Linfield attract neo nazi groups because oftheir past and the fact that they have a hooligan element in their supporters ranks and as such they should be held accountable for the actions of their fans. The IFA are more to blame than Linfield in my opinion, for decades they have turned a blind eye to the rancid discrimination and lack of an equal playing field so to speak, Donegal celtic and cliftonville can attest to this. Linfield are the darlings of the IFA, they are not held accountable for the actions of their so called fans. man Untied, Liverpool, Chelsea etc are all held accountable by the Engglish FA, what the feck is so special about Linfield?

Main Street

I didn't see that in the Andersontown News.

In fact the editorial could be written by Stew  :)

Editorial
Sectarian savagery

Andersonstown News Monday

The smouldering sectarian tensions which accompany so much of the local soccer scene exploded into bloodshed on Saturday with a vicious sectarian attack by so-called Linfield fans on Catholic men whose 'crime', it appears, was to support Celtic.
This sickening assault has horrified all right-minded people and focused attention yet again on thugs who style themselves followers of the 'beautiful game' but indulge in bloodcurdling terrace chants about wading "up to their necks in Fenian blood".
While there has been much talk about kicking sectarianism out off the local soccer set-up, the reality is that a hard rump of loyalists — some linked to English fascist groups — continues to peddle its racist and sectarian ideology at our soccer grounds. Their existence, sadly, is tolerated by some senior figures within the local soccer scene who refuse to accept that the thugs are ruining the game for genuine fans.
Astonishingly, as we go to press, there are no plans by the Irish Football Association to organise a demonstration against this sectarian savagery. Likewise, there has been barely a peep from unionist politicians.
But it is not too late. The vast majority of Linfield fans who are outraged by this savage city-centre attack need to make their voices heard just as loudly as they are heard during home matches in Windsor Park.
The harrowing scenes from King Street on Saturday, with paramedics struggling to save the lives of victims of sectarian violence, speak of a bitter and divided past. Those who wish to drag us back to those dark and violent times need to be booted out of soccer before more lives are destroyed.

Solomon Kane

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on April 03, 2008, 10:49:03 PM
Dear Solomon.. you are slaying me! Stop, please! Anyway, a man of your intellect must be congratulated for posting a response. However, I feel that this thread has run its course - bit like the bluemen from Castle Street to Sandy Row!!! maybe now you will do us all a favour and take your face for a SHITE!

;D

SammyG

Quote from: Main Street on April 04, 2008, 05:34:30 PM
I didn't see that in the Andersontown News.

In fact the editorial could be written by Stew  :)
Main story on the front page (although the inside pages are a repeat of 'busload of Linfield fans' allegations). http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/Launch.aspx?referral=other&refresh=3e0MqE9170Bk&PBID=b944e2d0-c973-41d7-a624-57c93df6fada

Main Street

Quote from: SammyG on April 04, 2008, 07:35:35 PM
Main story on the front page (although the inside pages are a repeat of 'busload of Linfield fans' allegations). http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/Launch.aspx?referral=other&refresh=3e0MqE9170Bk&PBID=b944e2d0-c973-41d7-a624-57c93df6fada
That's probably the best bit of acute reporting on the whole incident and a savage indictment on the PSNI sense of alertness to Loyalist mobs on the prowl on a "sensitive" day.
One eyewitness says that a gang of them sober and well dressed, conspiring to attack Cliftonville supporters. were in the pub at 1.45 and from other sources the pub was not showing the SPL game.  It wasn't a Rangers mob hunting for Celtic fans.
The PSNI had  20 - 30 minutes prior warning by bar staff that a 30 man mob were on the way to look for trouble.

The PSNI should be savaged for their sloppy response and delay with establishing the verified account of what hapenned in a City rife with speculation.

Chrisowc

Thanks An Fear Dearg for some perspective.

I probably didn't help with my 'gas mask' statement but Armaghstew seems to be creaming his keks to get stuck into Linfield, IFA and whoever else. 

An Fear Dearg, hopefully you feel comfortable enough to go back to 'WP' (as stew likes to say).
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

MW

Quote from: Donagh on April 02, 2008, 03:29:39 PM
Was that back in the day when they were throwing hand grenades at the Cliftonville supporters in Windsor Park?

FFS are you still peddaling that lie?

Clue - this is what actually happened?

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on April 02, 2008, 07:42:52 PM
However the incident of which I speak - November 1992 - the blast bomb was thrown from Olympia Drive outside the ground - fell short though..

Is the fact that a terrorist thug or thugs threw a grenade into a ground in an attempt to murder Cliftonville fans not 'bad' enough for you?

Does it not make 'sexy' enough copy, is that it?

Hurler on the Bitch

Hello - this post has died a natural death and is about as fashionable as Ian Paisley's square c**k! (apparently square cocks were "in" about 1961) ... lets draw a line under it and move on........................ I mean its what Elvis Presley would have wanted!!! ps .. apparently one of the attackers looked like Iris Robinson and that is the reason why the punters in Cosgrove's tried to slam the door shut.. ps the boul Iris is 12 to 1 to win the National tomorrow (ridden by Peter)......

ziggysego

Hurlers right. It's gone on far too long and lets be honest, a lot of you are just repeating yourselves now.

With this in mind, I'm now locking the thread.

:-*
Testing Accessibility