Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 17, 2021, 02:14:53 PM
Went to a physio last week who was only back post covid because he was very paranoid about the whole thing. He wanted patients to have two vaccinations which I have so that was fine. He starts talking to me and turns out he's nearly anti vax. It's like gees make up your mind mate. Hasn't left the house in over a year and then gets the vaccine then starts getting paranoid about long term effects of it. (Which he would know about as much about as the average Joe on the street too).

Perhaps the physio was just pulling your leg?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

;D

The problem with o'doherty though is that people listen to her. Social media etc has meant that what would previously have been eejits become slightly dangerous eejits - o'doherty, boys like Bryson, Jim corr, that jumped up personal trainer etc...

tonto1888

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 17, 2021, 01:40:31 PM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on August 17, 2021, 01:29:58 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on August 17, 2021, 12:29:45 PM

Perhaps it's just me and a lessening tolerance with people as I get older, but it seems like there has never been as many thick as champ people in existence. People who are so blindingly stupid, but they think they are highly intelligent.
I have a neighbour who firmly believes to this day that Covid was brought on by 5G as it's no coincidence that both happened at the same time. He's 100% convinced. And there is no rationale to his thinking and he isn't able to hold a discussion on why he believes this, but he has a smugness about him when he says you will see in time. Like he is so well informed (I can only assume via Facebook or twitter) that we will all come to agree with his superior knowledge.
Only one example, but by God the world is full of dumb f**k people these days.

Though perhaps I'm one of those people and I'm so stupid I think I'm right. :o

It is called the Dunning Kruger effect - https://medium.com/discourse/the-dunning-kruger-effect-explains-why-society-is-so-screwed-up-1432aca90aa8

Your neighbour is probably one of those people than can't connect their phone to a wifi network but yet are 5G experts.

That's certainly an interesting observation. I love the term Mount Stupid....it could be applied to so many here.
Jamie Bwyson springs to mind.
But Anti-Vaxers, 5G conspiracy theorists, Covid hoaxers all fit the bill too.

theyve always been here. Social media just goves them a platform

screenexile

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 17, 2021, 09:04:26 PM

Perhaps it's just me and a lessening tolerance with people as I get older, but it seems like there has never been as many thick as champ people in existence. People who are so blindingly stupid, but they think they are highly intelligent.
I have a neighbour who firmly believes to this day that Covid was brought on by 5G as it's no coincidence that both happened at the same time. He's 100% convinced. And there is no rationale to his thinking and he isn't able to hold a discussion on why he believes this, but he has a smugness about him when he says you will see in time. Like he is so well informed (I can only assume via Facebook or twitter) that we will all come to agree with his superior knowledge.

It is called the Dunning Kruger effect - https://medium.com/discourse/the-dunning-kruger-effect-explains-why-society-is-so-screwed-up-1432aca90aa8

Your neighbour is probably one of those people than can't connect their phone to a wifi network but yet are 5G experts.

That's certainly an interesting observation. I love the term Mount Stupid....it could be applied to so many here.

theyve always been here. Social media just goves them a platform

Yeah before they were on their own and frowned upon by everyone else (or the latte drinking wile brigade liberal elite as we're more well known by today).

But they have their own cults and groups of friends to give them validation so they go further down the rabbit hole and things get out of hand like they are getting now.

Hard to see it getting any better for the foreseeable unfortunately!!

GJL

There is a fair few lads on the Kerry vs Tyrone tread that are the top of mount stupid!

TabClear

Nirvana sued by the baby from Nevermind's album cover

Elden alleges his "true identity and legal name are forever tied to the commercial sexual exploitation he experienced as a minor which has been distributed and sold worldwide from the time he was a baby to the present day".

He claims he "has suffered and will continue to suffer lifelong damages" as a result of the artwork, including "extreme and permanent emotional distress" as well as "interference with his normal development and educational progress" and "medical and psychological treatment".

He is asking for damages of at least $150,000 (£109,000) from each of the 15 defendants, who include surviving band members Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic; the manager's of Kurt Cobain's estate; Cobain's former wife Courtney Love; and photographer Kirk Weddle.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58327844

Cover seems quite apt now with the dollar bill.......

quit yo jibbajabba

I got ride no2 while listening to that back in the day to a north derry blade who in hindsight was more than i could handle; its only on reading this i now believe ive been emotionally scarred all these years, should i fire in an oul claim?!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 25, 2021, 02:12:06 PM
I got ride no2 while listening to that back in the day to a north derry blade who in hindsight was more than i could handle; its only on reading this i now believe ive been emotionally scarred all these years, should i fire in an oul claim?!

Christ you'd the bare face cheek to pull me on ridding stories  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

;D ;D ;D
This was north derry though chap. Pre ceasefire an all 😂😂

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: TabClear on August 25, 2021, 01:25:16 PM
Nirvana sued by the baby from Nevermind's album cover

Elden alleges his "true identity and legal name are forever tied to the commercial sexual exploitation he experienced as a minor which has been distributed and sold worldwide from the time he was a baby to the present day".

He claims he "has suffered and will continue to suffer lifelong damages" as a result of the artwork, including "extreme and permanent emotional distress" as well as "interference with his normal development and educational progress" and "medical and psychological treatment".

He is asking for damages of at least $150,000 (£109,000) from each of the 15 defendants, who include surviving band members Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic; the manager's of Kurt Cobain's estate; Cobain's former wife Courtney Love; and photographer Kirk Weddle.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58327844

Cover seems quite apt now with the dollar bill.......

The problem here is that nobody would know he was a random baby in a picture if he hadn't milked it recreating it, doing interviews etc. He even got it tattooed. So he brought this alledged distress onto himself really, didn't he.

Milk is now cream