Speeding

Started by THE MIGHTY QUINN, November 04, 2007, 08:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Isn't it priceless that the 2 previous posters are very concerned at the treatment of a Dublin player found in possession of cocaine but are happy to pontificate to a Northerner caught speeding down south!

Gnevin

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 11, 2007, 12:12:28 PM
Isn't it priceless that the 2 previous posters are very concerned at the treatment of a Dublin player found in possession of cocaine but are happy to pontificate to a Northerner caught speeding down south!
Isn't is priceless that you find it strange the two people are concerned about Bud talking bullshit and the the 2 posters who are on record on this board as being anti speeding are none to happy with a Northern tries to dodge the law by running back over the border .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: Gnevin on November 11, 2007, 12:18:31 PM
Isn't is priceless that you find it strange the two people are concerned about Bud talking bullshit and the the 2 posters who are on record on this board as being anti speeding are none to happy with a Northern tries to dodge the law by running back over the border .

Interesting one that. Can you tell me how you have made the assumption that I tried to dodge the law by running across the border?

Gnevin

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 04, 2007, 08:08:33 PM
Whilst driving home from Donegal got done for speeding just coming out of Castlefin. No excuse really other that I'd been behind two old biddys since Ballybofey and it was the first chance I got to overtake them. Doing 91 in a 50 just yards from the end of the 50 limit. No penalty points as I'm from the North but I will get a fixed penalty fine. Are those things enforceable in the North?
Looks like your trying to dodge it to me
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 04, 2007, 08:44:53 PM
I intend paying it of course but was just interested to see how the land lay. I didn't have any identification with my address on it so technically I could have given a false one had I wanted to but I'm not into that sort of thing. The Garda just wrote the details down in a little note book there was no form filled in or anything. He was actually a nice guy, no lectures or anything to be homest he seemed more interested in our cocker spaniel who was in the back of the car with the kids.

Looks like I'm not to me.

FL/MAYO

When I was at home 3 years ago I was caught speeding by one of those camera/radar guns as I drove the rental car into Dublin. They sent the speeding ticket to me here in Florida, I could not believe that they went to all that effort to track me down. I paid the 70 euro fine as I did not know if there would have been any repercussions the next time that I rented a car in Ireland.

Tankie

Well if we didnt have people from outside the state speeding we wouldnt need to get upset. You boys are great, don't pay VRT or Road Tax to the Irish state but you are happy to come down in your foreign cars and breaking the law and speeding on our roads. I'm sick of driving up the M1 and having Nordies piss bye at god knows what speed.
Grand Slam Saturday!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tankie on November 12, 2007, 05:40:45 PM

Well if we didnt have people from outside the state speeding we wouldnt need to get upset. You boys are great, don't pay VRT or Road Tax to the Irish state but you are happy to come down in your foreign cars and breaking the law and speeding on our roads. I'm sick of driving up the M1 and having Nordies piss bye at god knows what speed.
you forgot about us stealing your women.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tankie

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 12, 2007, 05:56:55 PM

Great to see the partitionist attitude is alive and well among the Jackeens.

Yes i like when people from outside the state come down and break our speeding laws, so when you crsh it costs me money, to stop you speeding its costs me money and to supply the roads it costs me money. Pay some road tax and i might change my mind, or just appriciate the roads that you are provided to you and don'y speed!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Bogball XV

Why would nordies pay an internal (and illegal btw) free state tax??  Do they have to pay income tax on crossing the border nowadays too??

Tankie

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 12, 2007, 08:26:21 PM
Its good to see that even the junkies on the board have a Full License (not a second provisional now Tankie) and have tax and insurance.
I take it that you have a full license Tankie?

Just to let you know that I pay my road tax in the same jurisdiction as yourself and probably pay a lot more than you do.

Which members of the board would you be calling "junkies"?
Grand Slam Saturday!

Sky Blue

I have a full licence and I have a real problem with the standard of driving in Ireland. It's f**king really scary! I've seen drivers with L plates on motorways who haven't a clue and some without L plates don't understand how to use an outside lane.

Northern drivers are generally better than southern drivers by a country mile IMO.

Donagh - what do Sinn Fein HQ tell you to think about that?

As for Mighty Quinn - the guy has held his hands up. Leave him alone. He'll pay the fine and clearly has learnt from his experience.

One thing though - I hope the children and the dog weren't in the Caravan when you were caught. That would be cruel.

Gnevin

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 12, 2007, 08:35:49 PM

Why would nordies pay an internal (and illegal btw) free state tax??  Do they have to pay income tax on crossing the border nowadays too??
Where is this free state you speak of?

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Cheers Sky Blue. You've restored my faith in humanity. Perhaps you might like to cast your vote on the poll I've set up.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Gnevin on November 12, 2007, 09:30:59 PMWhere is this free state you speak of?
True, there's feck all free in the state, what with the stealth taxes yous have everywhere, well, I suppose if yous are all stupid enough to vote for Bertie the bollox, yous get all you deserve.