Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

having received 14 nominations for BAFTAS, has anyone seen Atonement? is it a chick flic, an arty farty one or what?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Lecale2

I love the Coen Brothers films.

AZOffaly

I caught World Trade Centre on Sky Movies the other day. I thought it was very good, although the ex-Marine looking pensively into the sky, on the mobile phone was a bit U-S-A, U-S-A alright. He came down from Connecticut to help in the search for survivors/bodies and was obviously being asked on the phone if he would be back for work soon. His answer, eyes skyward. 'I don't know. They're going to need good men over there to avenge this'. The Schmaltz level was Elevated.

pintsofguinness

Charlie Wilson's war is well worth catching in the cinema.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stephenite

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 16, 2008, 11:57:46 AM
I caught World Trade Centre on Sky Movies the other day. I thought it was very good, although the ex-Marine looking pensively into the sky, on the mobile phone was a bit U-S-A, U-S-A alright. He came down from Connecticut to help in the search for survivors/bodies and was obviously being asked on the phone if he would be back for work soon. His answer, eyes skyward. 'I don't know. They're going to need good men over there to avenge this'. The Schmaltz level was Elevated.

That line ruined the movie for me, I was very annoyed, because up to that point, they were doing quite well.

CiKe

surely whoever mentioned the Boondock Saints is having a laugh - one of worst films I ever had the misfortune to see.

someone mentioned a few foreign ones. A great Spanish thriller is "Tesis" (Thesis). Loved it.

Watched Apocalypto the other night and enjoyed it. Really looking forward to No Country for Old Men, Bardem is generally nothing short of excellent

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on January 16, 2008, 11:45:22 AM
Quote from: Lecale2 on January 16, 2008, 11:42:47 AM
Has No Country for Old men been shown in Belfast yet?

There were previews last week end - think it opens this week end.

Yeah, starts friday.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gabriel_Hurl

It's excellent - as is Charlie Wilson's War

looking forward to Cloverfield on Friday

Rav67

City of God
A Room for Romeo Brass
Dead Man's Shoes

tyrone86

Recently, I've watched Fracture,This is England, Blood Diamond and the latest Jason Bourne film and thought they where all decent enough shows. I'd probably rank them in the order listed.

Puckoon

Quote from: ONeill on December 22, 2007, 05:20:39 PM
Mr Brooks.

Good enough movie, strange ending.

Recently Id go for The Bucket List, The Bourne Ultimatum, and 3-10 to Yuma. Its hard to beat a western.

Fishbat

Saw an Aussie film called "Kenny" about a fella who dungs out dungers at festivals etc...done like a documentary - absolute scream, some of the best one liners i've heard in a while.

at the melbourne cup 150.000 people queuing for the bogs "get ready for today lads we're gonna be busier than a one armed bricklayer in Baghdad"

nrico2006

QuoteRecently Id go for The Bucket List, The Bourne Ultimatum, and 3-10 to Yuma. Its hard to beat a western.

Ultimatum is good, and I love a western.  Looking forward to seeing the Jesse James movie. 3-10 to Yuma wasn't as good as I expected though, actually quite disappointing.  We are marshall is ok, and it has its fair share of typical over sentimental American moments. 

I watched the Good Shepherd last night, and thought it was very good.  Mr Brooks was excellent too. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Diet Coke

Alvin and the Chipmonks..............class :D
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

oiddas

I am legend - should have been i am a leg end - pure shite!