Started by Tyrone lady, June 22, 2007, 11:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone lady

Anyone know much about here? For staying a week

Fear ón Srath Bán

Check these out:

http://www.tramore.net/
http://www.countywaterford.com/waterford_tramore.htm

Should be plenty around there for the week, maybe head inland on a day, up around Lismore and The Vee, worth seeing.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

The Real Laoislad

Use to be my family's summer destination when i was a child and i have some fond memories of it but it hasn't changed or been modernised in 25 years it has turned into a bit of a kip
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Donagh

I was on that catapult ride a few years ago just before the young lad was killed. Scary stuff. Doesn't seem to be a wild lot in Tramore these days apart from the beech and lots of chip shops.

Billys Boots

QuoteDoesn't seem to be a wild lot in Tramore these days apart from the beech and lots of chip shops.

And hordes of Dubs!  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

deiseach

On the basis that you can make up your mind about the weather on the day of travel, there's plenty for day-trippers in Tramore.

But spending a week here? Gosh, you'd want to have a lot of credits for the likes of Splashworld or the slot machines to be able to put up with the weather we've had recently. Or money for ale . . .

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

An Watcher

Anyone been here recently?  Taking the kids down for a week at the start of August.  Hopefully the reviews will improve from 14 years ago!!!

ardtole

Mairead Ronan (today fm) raves about Waterford. She reckons its the new Galway. Its the only county in Ireland I havent been in, so im not in a position to offer advice.

BennyCake

Flip me i just realised it's 20 years since i was in Tramore. Not a bad spot. Remember we was stuck for a place to stay and ended up in some sort of Christian Bible place up on the hill. Never got to Dunmore East. Looks a lovely spot

An Watcher

I know the Greenway is meant to be good so at least that's something

Baile Brigín 2

Tramore is meh. But you will get a few days out of it. A week? No hope. Head into Waterford city or day trip west into the county. The greenway is exceptional and plenty to see and do down the copper coast and into Dungarvan

An Watcher

Cheers, yeah we'll take a run to Dungarven and also the other direction to Wexford, Hook Head and the like.  Note sure if the kids will be too keen on Waterford or Wexford towns but see how it goes

Milltown Row2

I think for me the likes of Tramore is a great memory of holidays when i was a kid with my family. My Grandad was a bookie at the the dog racing and our hols followed the Galway and Tramore racing calendars, one year Salthill next year Tramore
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Never beat the deeler

Jeez but this is an old thread. and some posters that haven't been seen a long time.

Hasta la victoria siempre