Self Improvement Gurus

Started by trailer, October 24, 2023, 11:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Saw the clip of Jake Humprhey and Gordon Ramsay were Ramsay talks about having to sell his Porsche to get a deposit for a flat as his father in law wouldn't lend him the money. Both come across as f**king arseholes. Humphrey seems to frame himself as some against all odds, high performance character, maybe he is, but he comes out with a lot of nonsense. 5am starts bullshit.

But it got me thinking there now seems to be a proliferation of these absolute rods and rodettes selling some 10x bullshit self improvement course that promises to catapult your life into the realm of a trillionaire.

You need to get up at 4am, meditate on a treadmill, run a half marathon, journal, drink some monkey dung coffee bean and get into the office at 5:30. #winning

Tom Smyth, Kym Calvert, Grant Cardone and many others. Complete frauds who at least appear to be making a clean fortune from people. It's the modern day equivalent of magic beans. You have to just manifest it.

On TikTok and other social media you can spot other arseholes pivoting into this space. Many are PTs who are largely unintelligent, incoherent conspiracy lovers.

Has anyone done any of these courses? Or any first hand experience?   

gallsman

Quote from: trailer on October 24, 2023, 11:15:42 AMSaw the clip of Jake Humprhey and Gordon Ramsay were Ramsay talks about having to sell his Porsche to get a deposit for a flat as his father in law wouldn't lend him the money. Both come across as f**king arseholes. Humphrey seems to frame himself as some against all odds, high performance character, maybe he is, but he comes out with a lot of nonsense. 5am starts bullshit.

But it got me thinking there now seems to be a proliferation of these absolute rods and rodettes selling some 10x bullshit self improvement course that promises to catapult your life into the realm of a trillionaire.

You need to get up at 4am, meditate on a treadmill, run a half marathon, journal, drink some monkey dung coffee bean and get into the office at 5:30. #winning

Tom Smyth, Kym Calvert, Grant Cardone and many others. Complete frauds who at least appear to be making a clean fortune from people. It's the modern day equivalent of magic beans. You have to just manifest it.

On TikTok and other social media you can spot other arseholes pivoting into this space. Many are PTs who are largely unintelligent, incoherent conspiracy lovers.

Has anyone done any of these courses? Or any first hand experience?   

This **** needs a sledgehammer to the face asap. Absolute f**king spoofer. Was calling himself The Wolf of Belfast at one stage.

Was wondering how long it would be before that interview came up on the board. Humphrey is an unbearable bollocks.

tintin25

I think there is some merit in what they are saying and it's not all total BS, however; you'll find the majority of their material in any decent book.  I attended a course myself, however; it wasn't to do with manifestation or anything like that but was more about empowerment and self improvement in the work place etc - found it very helpful.  I've noticed there are more and more in GAA circles that seem to be preaching the whole mindfulness and gratitude thing too.

toby47

Personal Trainer turning into lifestyle coaches. Then going on to tell people how to grow their businesses, then becoming mindset coaches. Full of shite the lot of them.

general_lee

Big fan of that Andy Malone clown from Newry. You know he's made it as a proper big shot when he's flat out making TikToks with only Facebook ma's and people laughing at him for an audience.

tintin25

Going off the manifestation topic,  but I'm seeing corporate companies bring in your buck from Rory's Stories for talks - now that's just pure stupidity and a waste of money.

LC

Would have a keen interest in this field and indeed would have made a few changes in my life in recent years which have helped me a lot e.g. getting up early, going to the gym 3 times a week, taking up running plus business wise things have improved year on year.  There are some decent pod casts / books out there which you can get a few nuggets that help give you a bit of focus at times on all such fronts.

For by gym membership and an apple podcast subscription that has been the height of the outlay.  The fact that people are gullible enough to pay some of the individuals listed above several ££££s is frightening.

gallsman

Quote from: tintin25 on October 24, 2023, 02:53:47 PMGoing off the manifestation topic,  but I'm seeing corporate companies bring in your buck from Rory's Stories for talks - now that's just pure stupidity and a waste of money.

Another gobshite of epic proportions. Social media engagement was dying, took a barrel load of criticism for how unfunny his sketches were and then pivoted to being a mental health advocate.

jcpen

No doubt those who have issues with people promoting getting up early and working out/running etc are fat fcuks whose only form of exercise is reaching for the remote control.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

gallsman

Quote from: jcpen on October 24, 2023, 06:15:43 PMNo doubt those who have issues with people promoting getting up early and working out/running etc are fat fcuks whose only form of exercise is reaching for the remote control.

Exercise and more and better sleep are healthy. Well done all those guys on their valuable insights and for imparting them to an ignorant population. Now check out this week's sponsor.

Grifters every last one of them.

Tony Baloney

Tom Smyth of "Ophrah Winfrey" fame.  ;D  What a rocket!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cw7c88iIx4-/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

gallsman

Leave him alone. He gets up early to go to the gym. Give him your life savings at a seminar and you can be as successful as him too.

LC

Kidder81

Quote from: gallsman on October 24, 2023, 06:05:33 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on October 24, 2023, 02:53:47 PMGoing off the manifestation topic,  but I'm seeing corporate companies bring in your buck from Rory's Stories for talks - now that's just pure stupidity and a waste of money.

Another gobshite of epic proportions. Social media engagement was dying, took a barrel load of criticism for how unfunny his sketches were and then pivoted to being a mental health advocate.

I know a girl who was doing a bit of singing, wasn't really working out so she started on Instagram trying to be a "life coach", preaching about being happy, the "best version" of yourself & material things didn't matter.

She was trying to get eejits to pay to go to her "mindful workshops", mustn't have worked out as  she has done a full 360& it's all now about manifestation and she said she has made a few hundred grand by wanting it to happen 😞.

It's a bit like being a medium, preying on peoples vulnerabilities.

My rule is if someone is offering advice and wants paid for it, it's a grift.

We have a few in the GAA circle not far off it on the circuit at the minute.

JoG2