Pubs in Belfast for GAA

Started by RossieBull, July 08, 2021, 10:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossieBull

Howdy, heading to Belfast for the weekend and some of the family want to see a few matches.
Where is good to to head to?
Cheers

Armagh18

Godsown

Parador on Ormeau Rd or The Hatfield

armaghniac

There's a big march on the Monday that might be of interest also.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mikhail Prokhorov

it's the wrong town for gah,

soccer only this weekend

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dire Ear

The Kitchen Bar also,  good food as well

Rois

Sweet Afton will probably be showing it.
I'd say Franklin's Sports Bar, but they don't seem to have GAA games on the schedule. They definitely have done before though.

CitySlicker11

Head up the Falls Rd to Andersonstown and all of the bars should be showing live GAA games.

thewobbler

The Garrick would usually have been the shout for town centre, though it's a few years since Ive looked.

toby47

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2021, 01:07:52 AM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on July 09, 2021, 12:36:56 AM

soccer only this weekend

You've been?

Would there be many bars close to city centre that show GAA games live MR? I know of all the usual's in the West.

Newbridge Exile

The  Kitchen down at Victoria Square possibly (I remember watching Derry and Mayo in the qualifiers there a few years ago )

ardtole

If you were in dublin city center and didnt know where to go, you would visit a good few bars before you would find a gaa game on tv with the volume on.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: toby47 on July 09, 2021, 08:41:40 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2021, 01:07:52 AM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on July 09, 2021, 12:36:56 AM

soccer only this weekend

You've been?

Would there be many bars close to city centre that show GAA games live MR? I know of all the usual's in the West.

Its like anywhere, I'd always ask before heading, the Town is very neutral in fairness, but the Bot would be the best bet with food also on the go, there are loads of bars that actually don't have big screens.

Sweet Afton behind Robinsons always showing games, though usually rugby or soccer, but if you call ahead and  there are no Lions games or soccer on they'll throw it up.. Tyrone man owns it I think, there's also a sports bar at the back of Morrisons, had the All Ireland on last year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StPatsAbu

Parador for Gaa. Accept no imitations.