Mulligan cleared to play for Tyrone against Fermanagh

Started by laoisgaa, April 27, 2007, 01:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

QuoteIs what you have said here not an example of good management? All managers should defend his players in public. Im sure Mulligan heard all about it behind closed doors.

Bullshit - even tossers like Mulligan are role models for schoolkids and if they act inappropriately by cheating, striking players etc. then the manager should publicly condemn them. If he believes that they were unjustly punished then publicly support them.

Mickey Harte is now the Jose Mourinho of the GAA!

neutral

Lets be fair about this.  Mulligan was sent off within the rules and cleared within the rules..not on a technicality.  So dont come on here wielding anti Tyrone bats, because there was no lawyer involved, and if he was cleared he was obviously right to appeal. these appeals are to protect the players as well.  

thejuice

This is annoying tho. Im not having a go at Tyrone, but at the GAA. Again some gets sent off, iht with a ban and few weeks later its all over-turned. it just makes a joke of the disipline system. i wouldnt be surpirsed to see someone laugh at the ref next time they get sent off.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

supersarsfields

What was the rule that he got of on? I'm guessing it was changed from dangerous play to a basic sliding tackle which merits a yellow?

Bogball XV

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on April 27, 2007, 10:11:10 AM
No surprise there then!!!  >:( Tyrone have the best GAA notaries in the countrty.
Now, that's a good one!!

saffron sam2

If Mulligan was harshly treated with the original red card, then he is entitled to be exonerated. I haven't seen the incident so will not comment on the veracity of the sending off.

In this case mentions of Paddy Bradley or other Tyrone appeals are totally irrelevant.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ONeill

So, will the ref be sanctioned? Surely he should be re-trained at least. This decision means he didn't know the rules or what constituted a yellow or red card. The more cases like these that are highlighted the better. What if that'd happened in an All-Ireland Final? (the Marsden case isn't comparable). What if the ref made the same mistake? Now, you'd hope, referees will be briefed on this match-play scenario.

Harte has always been consistent. He stated yesterday that Mulligan deserved the first red card. However, if he feels a referee has misinterpreted the rules or made a mistake he will follow it up and that's the right thing to do.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

realredhandfan

Some real bad form from some anti Tyronies on here,  Tony Baloney you should be ashamed of yourself.  Many people  have said this and that about players calling for other players to get a yellow card or red.  Is there any real difference in that and calling for a player to be suspended on a gaabaord?  Are there people on this board who are not fit to criticise players because they act the same themselves.  Sportsmanship is obviously one thing on the pitch but it used to be a case that when the games over its over.  In this case it appears to be perfectly good form to cry about suspensions red cards etc, indeed even when most werent at the match.   Good luck to Mugsy I think Garlic Games is about having your best players on the field and I for one will never change my position on this.

EC Unique

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 27, 2007, 11:14:05 AM
QuoteIs what you have said here not an example of good management? All managers should defend his players in public. Im sure Mulligan heard all about it behind closed doors.

Bullshit - even tossers like Mulligan are role models for schoolkids and if they act inappropriately by cheating, striking players etc. then the manager should publicly condemn them. If he believes that they were unjustly punished then publicly support them.

Mickey Harte is now the Jose Mourinho of the GAA!
You are talking as your name suggests :D All good managers in all sports stick up for their players in public or else there would be unrest at training etc. Mickey knows how to win All Irelands and knows that all must be good in camp at this time of year. Mourinho is one of the best at his job and Mickey is the best at his ;)

realredhandfan

Do you honestly think in Tyrone we would ever want to make a Derry out of ourselves? 

Will Hunting

Quote from: realredhandfan on April 27, 2007, 12:05:47 PM
Good luck to Mugsy I think Garlic Games is about having your best players on the field and I for one will never change my position on this.
So you think that even if a player continues to get sent-off or show violent conduct or whatever, they're entitled to be on the field the following week? By this reckoning you will be supporting Paddy Bradley's bid to be playing football next month? It's about time Micky Harte started accepting the (rightful) punishments handed to his team, and maybe then Trrrone will stop receiving what by now must be a record number of red-cards over the past couple of years!

realredhandfan

Listen on the Derry thread youse were squealing for your own blood for the last couple of weeks.  Not every county has such cannabilistic tendencies.  You imploded on a season when youse had a potential walk in role to an Ulster final.  Dont blame Paddy Crozier when youse are beat, or huff at Mulligan because hes innocent.  blame the whole county of Derry.  Cant see above your own grass and club boundaries. 

Will Hunting

Quote from: realredhandfan on April 27, 2007, 12:33:59 PMNot every county has such cannabilistic tendencies.

If stories from a Tyrone Minor league game are to believed, this is not entirley true now realredhand fan is it??!!  >:(

Tony Baloney

QuoteTony Baloney you should be ashamed of yourself.

If you read what I posted you'll see that I was disputing the fact that managers should always defend their players in public even if they believe they have broken the rules of the game. I believe this is wrong as is the assertion by yer man above that your best players should always be on the pitch no matter what. What sort of message does that send out to young fans who look up to these people?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 27, 2007, 01:29:41 PM
QuoteTony Baloney you should be ashamed of yourself.

If you read what I posted you'll see that I was disputing the fact that managers should always defend their players in public even if they believe they have broken the rules of the game. I believe this is wrong as is the assertion by yer man above that your best players should always be on the pitch no matter what. What sort of message does that send out to young fans who look up to these people?

MH questioned the red card, he did not assert that Mulligan was innocence personified, he merely questioned the red as opposed to a yellow. So it's not a question of " ...your best players should always be on the pitch no matter what", you're quite wrong there.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...