Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

quit yo jibbajabba

Jees id near wear one for badness....if i cycled...

bennydorano

Quote from: laoislad on July 20, 2021, 02:31:03 PM
Why?
Cos 'you didn't earn the right', but mostly it's because cyclists are wankers imo. As much as I love the sport, SOME of the snobbery in cycling drives me mad.

AnGaelGearmanach

Quote from: bennydorano on July 20, 2021, 02:47:20 PM
Why?
Cos 'you didn't earn the right', but mostly it's because cyclists are wankers imo. As much as I love the sport, SOME of the snobbery in cycling drives me mad.

Strong statement

maddog

Why?

It is seen by some as disrespectful. You didnt earn it sort of thing. Wear what you want who gives a shite.

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 20, 2021, 02:40:31 PM
Jees id near wear one for badness....if i cycled...
#metoo

RedHand88

Quote from: maddog on July 20, 2021, 03:02:21 PM
Why?

It is seen by some as disrespectful. You didnt earn it sort of thing. Wear what you want who gives a shite.

But if I bought it then why shouldn't I have the right to wear it? Why do these teams sell replicas of the jersey?

laoislad

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 20, 2021, 05:45:43 PM
Quote from: maddog on July 20, 2021, 03:02:21 PM
Why?

But if I bought it then why shouldn't I have the right to wear it? Why do these teams sell replicas of the jersey?
Just wear it and don't mind what anyone thinks ffs.

lurganblue

I never knew this either. Will have to consider this when browsing aliexpress :)

bennydorano

Wearing a Sky top is akin to wearing a Team GB top as far as I can see

RedHand88

Quote from: bennydorano on July 20, 2021, 11:51:11 PM
Wearing a Sky top is akin to wearing a Team GB top as far as I can see

Why?
Is wearing a Liverpool or United top akin to wearing an England top?
I have so many questions.

bennydorano

Might just be a personal observation, but to be crude, seems to be people of the Unionist persuasion that wear them in NI. I could be totally wrong but its something I've picked up on - the numbers are few & far between and also dwindling as Sky are now team Ineos.

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on July 21, 2021, 10:23:45 AM
Might just be a personal observation, but to be crude, seems to be people of the Unionist persuasion that wear them in NI. I could be totally wrong but its something I've picked up on - the numbers are few & far between and also dwindling as Sky are now team Ineos.

No doubt about it Sky were seen as a Brit team. Plenty that i work with expressed an interest in the TDF for example when Sky were dominant now no interest. Their interest was in the GB competitors not the sport itself.

Orior

I'll be wearing my sickly Lap of the Lough top on Sunday. Getting my hair and nails done on Saturday too so even if I dont make the whole route at least I will look great.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

grounded

Quote from: Orior on August 25, 2021, 11:28:02 AM
I'll be wearing my sickly Lap of the Lough top on Sunday. Getting my hair and nails done on Saturday too so even if I dont make the whole route at least I will look great.

How did the lap of lough go today? I see a few sportives starting to go back on again.