Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Super finish to the stage today. Feel so bad for the lad that was dangling out front but what a sprint to win it.

Orior

Quote from: JoG2 on June 28, 2021, 06:09:42 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 28, 2021, 06:04:46 PM
Some carnage at the Tour today, madness.

See DQS Boss Le Fevre let Sammy B have it with both barrels as well.

I caught the last 45 mins of the stage... Mayhem!

The chosen route must have contributed to that. Was it a new one?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

Tour was meant to start in Copenhagen, Covid fucked that, so the first few stages were late entries, doubt they'd be totally new, Brittany is visited regularly.

bennydorano

Wonder what's going through Sam Bennett's head these days, cant be good.

Orior

What's the craic with some cyclists not wearing gloves?

ONeill

This Pogacar lad seems exceptionally good.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Aaaaaagh. I've enrolled for the Lap of the Lough. What was I thinking?  :(

JimStynes

Quote from: Orior on July 12, 2021, 03:14:54 PM

Might sound stupid but you'll not find an easier 80 mile to do in the country. There's only 1 or 2 small climbs on the whole thing. A bit of time on the bike and get some miles in the legs, then on the day take your time and you'll be fine.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: JimStynes on July 12, 2021, 03:31:51 PM
Quote from: Orior on July 12, 2021, 03:14:54 PM

Might sound stupid but you'll not find an easier 80 mile to do in the country. There's only 1 or 2 small climbs on the whole thing. A bit of time on the bike and get some miles in the legs, then on the day take your time and you'll be fine.

Did it with the Lurgan clubs one Sunday morning. Handy enough when riding in a group. Great crack.

maddog

in the 50s my grandfather (clonmore) did the lap the lough regular after his sunday dinner for a bit of spin. Same man cycled to Croke Park in 53 for the final and on the way back went via Navan as he didnt want to see the same road twice.

bennydorano

Fair bit of Internet chat about juicing at the TDF, unsurprisingly UAE and Pojacar seem to be top suspects, see Wout Van Aert's name (& Jumbo Visma in general) popping up as well.

Bahrain Victorius were raided & searched by the cops on Wednesday- altho apparently the Mayor of the town has form and ordered something similar a few years back.

Generally I think doping talk on Twitter is mostly lazy shite talk tbh, safe in the knowledge that innuendo can be fired about with little consequence.

Orior

Quote from: maddog on July 16, 2021, 08:57:09 AM
in the 50s my grandfather (clonmore) did the lap the lough regular after his sunday dinner for a bit of spin. Same man cycled to Croke Park in 53 for the final and on the way back went via Navan as he didnt want to see the same road twice.

Brilliant, and probably on a bone shaker too.

gerry

Well that's the end of the tour.  Hopefully it will stand the test of time with all doping stories doing the rounds.   With loads of new guys on the block I can see a few of the old GC guys going stage hunting next year or end up doing the giro or vuelta.  Quiet enough tour for Dan although I have no love for him after he joined ISN.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

RedHand88

Took up the hobby this week as a way of getting fit. A relative had a decent road bike lying in the garage not being used so I thought why not.

A friend is explaining the etiquette around jerseys. It seems you arent supposed to wear team or national jerseys? Iys considered the same as wearing a full kit to 5 a side. Reading stories online of ones who get abuse on the road for wearing team sky/GB/whatever
How bad would it be if I wanted to wear a retro national jersey?

maddog

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 20, 2021, 01:07:20 PM
Took up the hobby this week as a way of getting fit. A relative had a decent road bike lying in the garage not being used so I thought why not.

A friend is explaining the etiquette around jerseys. It seems you arent supposed to wear team or national jerseys? Iys considered the same as wearing a full kit to 5 a side. Reading stories online of ones who get abuse on the road for wearing team sky/GB/whatever
How bad would it be if I wanted to wear a retro national jersey?

Wearing national or world champs jersey is considered a no no. Trade teams are fine, lots of retro ones available online. www.prendas.co.uk do some nice retro ones.