Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

east down gael

That's not even a decent attempt at trolling.

JimStynes

Quote from: east down gael on July 29, 2021, 09:33:44 AM

I like a wee Trailer windup but that was poor enough to be fair. I miss Angelo,

MoChara

aye poor effort, very unoriginal just replaced Championship with Irish League

MoChara

Quote from: balladmaker on July 28, 2021, 11:02:48 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on July 28, 2021, 09:49:55 PM
The new manager won't be there by Halloween. That is brutal. Absolutely woeful again.

He's just in the door, trying to patch a team together, and we're talking about getting rid of him already .... going to take a couple of seasons to get Celtic competitive again, anyone who thinks they will challenge in Scotland this year are mistaken.  They may concede 2 or 3 in a row to Rangers before Celtic are challengers again imo.

If we can do enough to stop a Rangers Treble I'll not be happy but I would be content

trueblue1234

Quote from: MoChara on July 29, 2021, 01:53:00 PM

A poor man's Angelo. Lacks the panache that is required to wind up successfully.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Applesisapples

Jesus couldn't raise that Celtic team. Outside of Ralston no outfield player sustained an effort all night. Christie and McGregor faded, and Edouard is not with £20 let alone £20M.
Under investment from last couple of years coming home to roost. But sure the fans will moan but still buy the merchandise and the season books.

JimStynes

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 29, 2021, 02:56:39 PM
Jesus couldn't raise that Celtic team. Outside of Ralston no outfield player sustained an effort all night. Christie and McGregor faded, and Edouard is not with £20 let alone £20M.
Under investment from last couple of years coming home to roost. But sure the fans will moan but still buy the merchandise and the season books.

Edouard is going to play himself out of a decent move if he doesn't catch himself on. A year or 2 ago big teams were sniffing around him. Now it looks like he couldn't be bothered get stripped for Celtic. I still think there should have been enough talent in that squad to get a win against some team that from Europe that people haven't heard of.

trailer

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 29, 2021, 02:00:25 PM
Quote from: MoChara on July 29, 2021, 01:53:00 PM

A poor man's Angelo. Lacks the panache that is required to wind up successfully.

I'll try harder next time ...  :(

michaelg

Quote from: JimStynes on July 29, 2021, 03:49:23 PM

Edouard is going to play himself out of a decent move if he doesn't catch himself on. A year or 2 ago big teams were sniffing around him. Now it looks like he couldn't be bothered get stripped for Celtic. I still think there should have been enough talent in that squad to get a win against some team that from Europe that people haven't heard of.
Serious question - How good was Edouard a season or two back - My Celtic supporting pal used to be rave about him but I've never seen him do much / been that impressed.

tonto1888

Quote from: michaelg on July 29, 2021, 10:29:52 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on July 29, 2021, 03:49:23 PM

Serious question - How good was Edouard a season or two back - My Celtic supporting pal used to be rave about him but I've never seen him do much / been that impressed.

He was good. Easily the stand out player on the SPL

dublin7

Quote from: trailer on July 29, 2021, 09:19:53 AM
Difficult to understand the mentality of Celtic fans. It's a farmer's league with players who are league 2 standard. Celtic would do well to be in the top 4 of the Irish League. Just because the stadium is full doesn't mean the football is any good. They attract a lot of fans due to the sectarian element. This can't be overlooked. Unfortunately it doesn't help them win football matches.

League of Ireland teams Bohemians and Dundalk won tonight in the Europa League conference. It's at the stage now were these sides are more successful in Europe than Celtic

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on July 30, 2021, 01:15:13 AM
Difficult to understand the mentality of Celtic fans. It's a farmer's league with players who are league 2 standard. Celtic would do well to be in the top 4 of the Irish League. Just because the stadium is full doesn't mean the football is any good. They attract a lot of fans due to the sectarian element. This can't be overlooked. Unfortunately it doesn't help them win football matches.

League of Ireland teams Bohemians and Dundalk won tonight in the Europa League conference. It's at the stage now were these sides are more successful in Europe than Celtic

Europa League conference is the 3rd Tier Competition of European Football. Champions League is the first tier. The quality of teams you will meet in qualifying rounds in Europa League conference would be of far lesser quality.

general_lee

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2021, 03:43:18 AM

Europa League conference is the 3rd Tier Competition of European Football. Champions League is the first tier. The quality of teams you will meet in qualifying rounds in Europa League conference would be of far lesser quality.
I wouldn't be so sure. Midtylland are no world beaters, Larne beat a team from the same league.

ned

Quote from: general_lee on July 30, 2021, 06:53:57 AM

I wouldn't be so sure. Midtylland are no world beaters, Larne beat a team from the same league.

Aye, because Burnley are as good as Man City.

Armagh18

Quote from: general_lee on July 30, 2021, 06:53:57 AM

They're not as bad as people are making out, they caught United in a first leg a few years ago. Having said that Celtic should be blowing them away.