best gig you've been to

Started by blewuporstuffed, July 30, 2009, 01:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on July 30, 2009, 05:08:23 PM
Quote from: Cúig huaire on July 30, 2009, 05:03:33 PM
This man in Temple Bar must be brilliant. Did he play to 240000 people over the weekend?

no, was bout 60.  ;D

was unreal tho. was actually going to phone the bar to find out more bout him. if he would be up this direction some time in the future!

He probably doesn't play Jupiter.
MWWSI 2017

red hander

That Petrol Emotion at The Limit in Sheffield, 1986 ... awesome

ludermor

Quote from: Cúig huaire on July 30, 2009, 04:57:41 PM
U2 in Lansdowne Rd on the night princess Diana died. Unreal concert. Last weekends concets were almost as good though.
One of my mates was working as a bellboy in the Clarence Hotel that night, Naomi Campbell was staying with a shit load of stars. When she got word Diana had dies she broke down and my mate had to carry her to her room and 'comfort' her for about 20 mins. Dont know if he dropped the paw or not.

red hander

Quote from: ludermor on July 30, 2009, 05:59:04 PM
U2 in Lansdowne Rd on the night princess Diana died. Unreal concert. Last weekends concets were almost as good though.
One of my mates was working as a bellboy in the Clarence Hotel that night, Naomi Campbell was staying with a shit load of stars. When she got word Diana had dies she broke down and my mate had to carry her to her room and 'comfort' her for about 20 mins. Dont know if he dropped the paw or not.

Great story... she didn't assault him did she?

vav

Band: Snow Patrol
Date: 23rd May 09
Venue: Columbiahalle, Berlin, Germany
Capacity: 3500

front row, brilliant concert

nifan

Okkervill River, downstairs in McHughs.
Small gig but was brilliant

mylestheslasher

I saw Pearl Jam at Southside Festival in Germany 2 years ago and it was head and shoulders the best gig I was ever at. After that..

New model Army 07 in Temple Bar
ACDC in Punchestown was top notch
System of a Down at Ozzfest a couple of years ago were some craic
Tool at Ozzfest same year was unreal

Our Nail Loney

Main Street

Best gig I was at, by a long deep puff, was the Grateful Dead, 3 nights x 4 hour sets at Alexander Palace London in mid 70's
A few of us wandered innocently into the soundcheck jams a few days beforehand and didn't leave until 5 days later.
There was a c&w singer with us, he ended up on stage during the soundchecks  singing Whisky in the Jar while the band picked up the tempo.

Went to a few music festivals but not really my scene. Though Van Morrison, Captain Beefheart and Tim Buckley in the afternoon over 2 Knebworth festivals stand out.

fred the red

Gareth Brooks, Belfast circa 2000

lynchbhoy

1.Big country 95 (96?) village (or whatever the fcuk it was called - wexford st Dublin
2. Davin Lee Roth - Point depot 1991
3. Ac/Dc - Point June 26 1996
4. Sepultura - SFX
5. BB King - Point
6. George thorogood - Point

Worst
1.Morrossey - point
2. bowie - point
3. bruce - rds the other week
4. bruce/seegar sessions - point

Main Street

What's the name of the singer who played with Philomena in the mid 70's?

muppet

Quote from: Main Street on July 30, 2009, 10:39:11 PM
Best gig I was at, by a long deep puff, was the Grateful Dead, 3 nights x 4 hour sets at Alexander Palace London in mid 70's
A few of us wandered innocently into the soundcheck jams a few days beforehand and didn't leave until 5 days later.
There was a c&w singer with us, he ended up on stage during the soundchecks  singing Whisky in the Jar while the band picked up the tempo.

Went to a few music festivals but not really my scene. Though Van Morrison, Captain Beefheart and Tim Buckley in the afternoon over 2 Knebworth festivals stand out.

We have a winner.
MWWSI 2017

kickingmule

Quote from: Main Street on July 30, 2009, 10:56:20 PM
What's the name of the singer who played with Philomena in the mid 70's?
Dan O'hara....

ludermor

Quote from: red hander on July 30, 2009, 06:12:14 PM
Quote from: ludermor on July 30, 2009, 05:59:04 PM

Great story... she didn't assault him did she?
Nah she was much too emotional!