The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

If he hadn't been so dramatic I think it would have been a penalty.

imtommygunn

;D

You create doubt I think though. Unlike the Liverpool penalty where djota was just clobbered though he had absolutely no need to exaggerate with that tackle.

laoislad

They are the type of games you want in Europe, easy comfortable wins with absolutely no controversial decisions...
Well apart from the one, was it Milner or Salah's goal? Milner for me.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

Quote from: screenexile on October 19, 2021, 09:46:43 PM
I think your man made too much of it there was a bit of contact but jumping down with the arms out doesn't help in the age of VAR.

The first one was as clear as day!!

Made up for the offside goal. Surprised it was overturned

J70

Never a penalty.

I don't get some of these offside calls. Lemar was absolutely interfering.

Liverpool had a dodgy one in their favour on Saturday. Also Mbappe the other week for France.

gawa316

Have to say I don't like Atletico that much

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on October 19, 2021, 09:57:24 PM
They are the type of games you want in Europe, easy comfortable wins with absolutely no controversial decisions...
Well apart from the one, was it Milner or Salah's goal? Milner for me.

Tonights result was the type of result Simeone's teams usually get after a few controversial decisions.

The sickening run down the Tunnel by Simeone was the icing on the cake!  ;D

Silver hill

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: gawa316 on October 19, 2021, 10:38:59 PM

Full respect for their breaking up of the big twos dominance in Spain. But jaysus theyre a horrible crowd o heures

GiveItToTheShooters

Great win and full deserved. Now onto the unwashed on Sunday.

From the Bunker

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 19, 2021, 10:51:19 PM

Full respect for their breaking up of the big twos dominance in Spain. But jaysus theyre a horrible crowd o heures

Yes they are. And they really ruffle Klopp/Liverpool's feathers any time they collide.

screenexile

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 19, 2021, 10:58:30 PM

Yes they are. And they really ruffle Klopp/Liverpool's feathers any time they collide.

They ruffle everyone's feathers they have a ridiculous record at home in Spain and Europe and being shithouses to other teams and referees is a big part of it.

It's a huge result for Liverpool to get a win there!

gawa316

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 19, 2021, 10:58:30 PM

Napoli of a few years ago were similar.

imtommygunn

They bring a level of needle you rarely see in a soccer game - it's like an ulster championship match when you play them  ;D

TabClear

Great result last night but a few worrying signs in the performance. Very open at times at the back (especially on the right which is becoming a theme) albeit it improved when Fabinho came on. The fact Madrid went down to ten men obviously helped as well.

I would be concerned about playing like that on Sunday as Utd are well set up to counter with the pace they have upfront and the passing ability of Fernandes/Pogba if Liverpool play the high line again.