Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

OdoSkimodo

Any word on the results of the Junior semis last night?

inisceithleann

Quote from: Tempoman on August 22, 2007, 09:41:31 AM
Any of you guys follow the small ball??
Any predictions for this weekends championship hurling final??
I used to play hurling for the law up until minor.
But i have to say i was absolutly disgusted when i heard that they pulled out of the armagh league at the start of the season. Thats no way to develop hurling within the county.
But still hoping that they can claim another victory against skea this weekend. i hear that the law lads that went to america are back and looking likely to start the game at the weekend.

I'd fancy the Law to win on sunday but there doesn't seem to be much between them and Skea. I heard Lisbellaw had pulled out of the Armagh league. What was the reason behind that decision? I see Kevin McGarry is hurling with Portaferry these days. Big loss to the Law. Is he going to declare himself for Down?
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

inisceithleann

Quote from: OdoSkimodo on August 22, 2007, 09:54:50 AM
Any word on the results of the Junior semis last night?

Teemore beat Tempo and Roslea defeated Devenish.

Tempoman

I'd fancy the Law to win on sunday but there doesn't seem to be much between them and Skea. I heard Lisbellaw had pulled out of the Armagh league. What was the reason behind that decision? I see Kevin McGarry is hurling with Portaferry these days. Big loss to the Law. Is he going to declare himself for Down?
[/quote]

Yeah, mcgarry has gone to portaferry, i think his bird is from there. I know he didnt tog out for the fermanagh seniors this year, and i think he'd have no problem making the down squad next year.
I think the reason that they pulled out of the armagh league was due to a few of the players goin to the US, and they thought they wouldnt have a strong team for the year. But thats just not right on the guys that have stayed here. That could all prove to be a big down fall for the team come sunday, as they havent played a game in months. The were supposed to have a challenge match last friday, but it was called off at the last minute.
Theres never much between them, and i think skea do have the edge going into the game with their match sharpness.
I hear ollie mcshea was back at training the other nite. i dont know how he does it

inisceithleann

Quote from: Tempoman on August 22, 2007, 03:48:34 PM
I hear ollie mcshea was back at training the other nite. i dont know how he does it

The man is a machine. He could play for another 10 years without a doubt if he stayed this fit.

Billy Magoo

FAO Hurling heads:
In the Derry hurling championship this year, referees from outside the county are being used for the club games.  We play this day week and I see the referee is a fermanagh man, Tiernan Mahon.  Can anyone on here tell us what sorta referee he is or any wee things he focuses on when refereeing games??

Maximus Marillius

Billy one thing he doesnt like is getting abused by supporters after a game, threatened to have lights put out etc etc...hopfully he is not easily intimidated ;) :)

billy the kid

He will love Slaughneil then!!! (LOL)

Constantly encouraging the referee and telling him how well hes doing, Telling him how they knew his parents before he was born and that they were of fine upstanding moral fibre. if he is really good the 'Slaughtneil' gentlemen and 'ladies' might even offer to do some dentist work for him or Drop him of at A&E should the need arise. Maybe even offering to meet up with the referee after the match to discuss the finer poiints of the GAA and if the referee is busy after the match a work visit will surely be arranged to the availability of all. No finer sight than a Slaughneil crowd rushing on to the pitch after a match to embrace the Referee, tel him how wel hes done and give him a few slaps on the back to show their gratitude for the time he took out to referee for them.  Im sure that the Derry referee A McAlynn has very fond memories of the thanks he got from there wonderful fans.

Such a lovely bunch those Slaughneil folk from Deliverence Hill !!!!!
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Tempoman

COME ON THE LAW!!!!
Was back home at the weekend (unexpectedly) but still didnt get to the match. I was chatting some of the lads after the game at rock the lough and they said that bogue had a good game, and that ollie played a stormer, and was the difference in the teams. Curran didt do much apart from the goal. I hear the cameras where there because of the darren graham issue, but i didnt see any of the coverage on tv.
As a law supporter i am glad to see them win, however, it is so disappointing that there isnt more competition in fermanagh. Fair play to knocks/gratten for the underage work, but i think more clubs and schools need to promote our national game more.

As for you (london)derry lads, i havent had mcmahon ref me since u-16, which is a long time ago. He can be very picky. and i think he reffed the chirsty ring last year. He did send dermie curran off last year in the championship final for throwing his hurl towards the side-line!!!!! But in derry he shouldnt have a grudge!!

ExiledGael

Any word on todays games? Must win game for the Gaels or they really will be relegated

ExiledGael

Answering my own question but just heard St Pats beat Enniskillen this evening 1-12 top 1-7, looks like the Gaels are going down, shocking state of affairs

Tempoman

thats shocking if the gaels have been relegated. It could be tough enough for them to gain promotion. There is some very tough opposition in division 2, ederny, kinawley, irvinestown and the gaels all fighting for 2 places.

tintin25

Lads, the Gaels haven't been relegated yet. I believe they have 1/2 games in hand and if they win those they could maybe leap frog Roslea. I think they still have to play Roslea which will be the key match. Regardless, they have been poor this year and are staring relegation in the face!!

ExiledGael

Know they haven't been relegated yet but with Donagh beating them and Roslea beating Skea last week it's looking very bad. Anyone got an updated table??

OdoSkimodo

Team  Played  Won  Lost  Drawn Points 
Belcoo 15  11  4  1  21 
Newtownbulter 15  10  5  0  20 
Derrygonnelly 13  7  4  2  16 
Teemore 14  7  5  2  16 
Devenish 15  8  7  0  16 
Lisnaskea 15  6  6  3  15 
Donagh 15  7  8  0  14 
Roslea 15  6  8  1  13 
Enniskillen 13  5  6  2  12 
Irvinestown V 14  0  13  1  1 

http://www.kinawleygfc.com  Kinawley website always seems to have up to date tables

Enniskillen with 5 games to play are far from gone yet. Very possible for any team outside of Newtown or Belcoo to go down yet.