Football Boots

Started by OrchardOrange, September 08, 2022, 08:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: OrchardOrange on September 08, 2022, 08:18:34 AM
My lad has a pair of Puma Kings but got badly studded on his upper and its sore for days after a match. He reckons he needs a pair with better padding on the tongue/upper. Any recommendations?

Diadorras a good thick boot and not bad looking either.

Tyrdub

Quote from: 03,05,08 on September 08, 2022, 01:59:40 PM
My lad has a pair of Puma Kings but got badly studded on his upper and its sore for days after a match. He reckons he needs a pair with better padding on the tongue/upper. Any recommendations?

and worn by Roy Keane as well

J70

Have a pair of Puma King trainers for messing around on the astro with the young lad and nephews.

Even 40-50 years after they first came out, they still stand out as a superbly designed boot.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on September 08, 2022, 02:12:14 PM
Have a pair of Puma King trainers for messing around on the astro with the young lad and nephews.

Even 40-50 years after they first came out, they still stand out as a superbly designed boot.

Remember a friend of mine with his first wage packet from the post office as a cadet (he was 16) got a pair of Puma kings !! Was like the first 'named' thing, was Hi Tec trainers or guddy's before that!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Quote from: Tyrdub on September 08, 2022, 02:01:12 PM
Quote from: 03,05,08 on September 08, 2022, 01:59:40 PM

It's a no brainer really
and worn by Roy Keane as well

An Watcher

Used to buy old ones off my mates for a fiver.  Loads of poor players running around in fancy boots and can't kick it 5 yards

trueblue1234

No one else have bother with the heels of Puma kings? Always found they rubbed real bad and left blisters. After few games I gave up on them.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Eamonnca1

I recently learned that the yanks call them "soccer shoes." I am outraged.

brokencrossbar1

Recommendations?  Tell him to man the f**k up and stop being a cry baby....young ones of today!!!

Seriously though Kings are the best you can get. Simple as that. I'd tell him to get six stud ones and put rugby studs in them and get his retaliation in first....

bigarsedkeeper

Puma kings haven't been great for a while now, last pair I had (and I would of always wore them) fell apart. One of my lads has a wide foot and puma suits him but I got Puma Ones well reduced. He likes them, no laces and all that. Other lad wears predators but that's going to have to change now he's into adult sizes. Mad prices for the decent ones.

I got 2 seasons out of a pair of asics and have diadoras now for kicking about with the lads. Very comfortable boot and well made.

square_ball

Puma Kings? Ok Grandads!

In fairness they were the ones to have back in the day.. Rare you'd see young cubs wearing black boots these days.

J70

Quote from: square_ball on September 09, 2022, 12:12:59 PM
Puma Kings? Ok Grandads!

In fairness they were the ones to have back in the day.. Rare you'd see young cubs wearing black boots these days.

They do have white ones.

At least on the US website.

https://us.puma.com/us/en/sport/soccer/king?gclid=Cj0KCQjwyOuYBhCGARIsAIdGQRMFVSoa7iMMAmAhXY2GVAjfO3NLySrj2ygPfIEvhKgpIcn51m434uUaAuIhEALw_wcB

Although heading towards grandad age myself, my own are the classic black with white stripe. :D

themac_23

Believe it or not the best boots about are mizuno, the leather is very good and they are well put together, pricey though and hard to get a black pair but they are worth the money as the last ages

johnnycool

Quote from: themac_23 on September 09, 2022, 02:52:19 PM
Believe it or not the best boots about are mizuno, the leather is very good and they are well put together, pricey though and hard to get a black pair but they are worth the money as the last ages

Correct, I still have a pair of Mizuno's from 15 plus years ago, leather all the way, great boots

Captain Scarlet

At risk of being called out of touch...Adidas World Cups have solid leather but in fairness some of the older predators do as well.
But the prices...there is a lad on Instagram called bootman who gets loads of rare and out of production boots. Mad money as well.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.