Gaels amalgamations

Started by The Monument Road, December 02, 2016, 01:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O moore parklife

Quote from: Don Draper on November 17, 2017, 10:16:01 AM
Quote from: SCFC on November 17, 2017, 10:12:08 AM
I believe the Clonaslee Annanough football thing is gone. County board are only allowing amalgamation of neighbouring clubs or historically linked clubs?
Annanough got nothing out of it anyway only injuries and relegated. They should focus on getting back up out of junior.
Speaking to any Annanough man and they felt it worked very well, despite the relegation. Their players got exposure to senior, and could still play alongside their clubmen as well. They felt the relegation wasn't related to the amalgamation.

The county board would do well to pull their f**king finger out and sort out an avenue for junior and intermediate club players to get access to the top grade of football without having to make up esb bills before they destroy the club structures at lower levels in Laois.
Totally agree there should be a way of junior and intermediate teams to join up and get senior football.
Cork and kerry do this very well you're either a stand alone senior team or a collective of junior/inter  teams from a never changing location. Eg. South kerry or seandun which is the cork city collective of junior teams could be 10 clubs together. They dont get relegated as the club's change on who is junior or not and if they win the senior championship the last stand alone senior team goes in Leinster munster etc. None of these random pairings can hsppen its a local area only scenario.
Simple really

HURLING1

Agree with both of above. All players should have access to play at Senior grade. As said above  just allow last single club team in championship play in Leinster.  Should be simple 😯😯

clonadmad

What' teams would ye put in together lads

Pablo Escobar

In senior football
Create two regional teams basically divide Laois in a straight line
East Laois
Annanough , Barrowhouse, Timahoe , Courtwood , Spink/Ballinakil
Park/Rathineska etc
West Laois
Mountmellick, Roseinallis, Kilcavan , The Rock and a collection of predominantly hurling clubs etc.

In the Laois SHC it would be better to divide the regions into North and South with every team not playing in the top tier of the SHC eligible for inclusion for the regional teams.

O moore parklife

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on November 18, 2017, 11:14:24 AM
In senior football
Create two regional teams basically divide Laois in a straight line
East Laois
Annanough , Barrowhouse, Timahoe , Courtwood , Spink/Ballinakil
Park/Rathineska etc
West Laois
Mountmellick, Roseinallis, Kilcavan , The Rock and a collection of predominantly hurling clubs etc.

In the Laois SHC it would be better to divide the regions into North and South with every team not playing in the top tier of the SHC eligible for inclusion for the regional teams.
Bang on the money good post

Pablo Escobar

Some other points I'd include if I was creating these regional teams.

Regions appoint managers and committees with the help of the county board. Thus creating their own regional boards.
This should be done earlier  rather than later allowing managers of the regions to finalise their panels of 30 by watching club league games.
Regions will decide on colours of Jersey, crests etc.
They don't play league football/hurling and should only commence training 6-8 weeks  before the championship begins.
. The two regions should always meet in the first round of the championship. Then continuing in the winner/loser format.
If a region wins the football/hurling championship the last remaining senior club team shall represent Laois in Leinster. If two are knocked out at the same stage a playoff will ensue to decide who represents Laois.
Regional teams can not be relegated.
The composition of the regions will change due to promotions and relegations from senior.
Underage teams not playing A football/hurling in the defined region will also come together to play A grade football/hurling.
Regional championships Senior/Intermediate/junior (with internal promotions and relegations) possibly played in the pre season (Before league) Jan- March.

I firmly believe that these changes will greatly benefit Laois hurling and football.

Laoiseabu

Pablo Escobar sounds great but the only problem id have is these two teams would be way stronger than 90% if not 100% of the senior clubs in Laois

Pablo Escobar

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 18, 2017, 12:57:00 PM
Pablo Escobar sounds great but the only problem id have is these two teams would be way stronger than 90% if not 100% of the senior clubs in Laois

And the issue is? Ok I understand senior clubs want to consolidate their status and challenge. I'm from a senior club myself but I'm more concerned with Laois football/hurling at the moment . A strong Laois championship can only lead to a strong Laois team. I have no doubt that these changes will even strengthen our existing senior teams. They will have to raise the bar.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 18, 2017, 12:57:00 PM

I don't think they would be.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

HURLING1

Pablo Escobar. Brilliant solution. 2 area Senior Football and hurling teams. So simple and solves loads of problems for teams not already Senior

Laoiseabu

So there will be 18 senior teams? Just wondering

High Fielder

An excellent idea Pablo. Very simple but it makes a lot of sense. Too many teams tread water and add little to the Senior Championship. This would up the ante and we have to want that in what has become a very poor Championship. Can't see the teams who are hanging on in Senior agreeing to it. In fact, can't see any Senior teams agreeing to it. They like things just as they are

Pablo Escobar

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 19, 2017, 10:30:58 AM

There would be initially but  over time  we should have 14 senior clubs plus the 2 regional teams. Someone will tell me how many teams are in the top tier of the SHC.I just believe we are going no where with this gaels scenario. Junior and intermediate clubs should not be propping up established senior clubs. The regional teams work in Cork and Kerry. Some wil say Kerry are a bigger county but they have 9 divisional teams . We can surely make two work in Laois in both codes.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on November 19, 2017, 12:48:56 PM
Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 19, 2017, 10:30:58 AM

There would be initially but  over time  we should have 14 senior clubs plus the 2 regional teams. Someone will tell me how many teams are in the top tier of the SHC.I just believe we are going no where with this gaels scenario. Junior and intermediate clubs should not be propping up established senior clubs. The regional teams work in Cork and Kerry. Some wil say Kerry are a bigger county but they have 9 divisional teams . We can surely make two work in Laois in both codes.

I agree particularly with one thing you are saying there- if you make it to senior you should have to play on your own. Not bringing in random clubs to help keep you there.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

SCFC

The 16 senior clubs would block anything like this. They did it before when Annanough, Courtwood and Park Ratheniska tried something similar. Short sightedness.