The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritof1915

Quote from: tippmaninlaois on December 01, 2021, 10:39:34 PM
In relation to Tipperary minor hurling squads which has been referenced above

There's about 60 in there at the moment. All doing gym program. Challenge matches started last week.

The selection process is open at all times with players chosen from development squads plus the 4 divisional teams which are in place from u13 up and are treated like individual teams with their own management and training programs

Management are expected to attend as many games as possible including school games with GDA's also offering recommendations

There's also a process in place for club coaches to feed player information into a central scouting type system as well.

In relation to S&C there's is a team of 14 people involved which starts at u13 and goes up to minor with everything linked

Des Ryan from Setanta college is in charge of all this,with input from Damian Young

Setanta College provides all the resources,testing etc for the various teams
Ah a proper hurling development plan. Ye Tipp boys must be good at hurling.
Excuse my sarcasm but some contributers on here can't see the bigger picture not to mention the county board. The way minor and U20 panels have been selected in laois is nothing  short of a disgrace. That plan is everything you want in hurling development albeit catered for a county like Tipp.
Where is that going to leave Laois in 5 to 10 years time against the traditional counties.
The reason given for not doing the Divisional trials at U20 this year is because there wasn't enough time to do it properly and look at everyone. Oh my.
At least the u16s next year's minors seemed to have a good plan in place.
Great Post above  BTW

clonadmad

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on December 01, 2021, 10:53:43 PM
Quote from: tippmaninlaois on December 01, 2021, 10:39:34 PM
In relation to Tipperary minor hurling squads which has been referenced above

There's about 60 in there at the moment. All doing gym program. Challenge matches started last week.

The selection process is open at all times with players chosen from development squads plus the 4 divisional teams which are in place from u13 up and are treated like individual teams with their own management and training programs

Management are expected to attend as many games as possible including school games with GDA's also offering recommendations

There's also a process in place for club coaches to feed player information into a central scouting type system as well.

In relation to S&C there's is a team of 14 people involved which starts at u13 and goes up to minor with everything linked

Des Ryan from Setanta college is in charge of all this,with input from Damian Young

Setanta College provides all the resources,testing etc for the various teams
Ah a proper hurling development plan. Ye Tipp boys must be good at hurling.
Excuse my sarcasm but some contributers on here can't see the bigger picture not to mention the county board. The way minor and U20 panels have been selected in laois is nothing  short of a disgrace. That plan is everything you want in hurling development albeit catered for a county like Tipp.
Where is that going to leave Laois in 5 to 10 years time against the traditional counties.
The reason given for not doing the Divisional trials at U20 this year is because there wasn't enough time to do it properly and look at everyone. Oh my.
At least the u16s next year's minors seemed to have a good plan in place.
Great Post above  BTW

Probably the likes of Limerick cork galway have even better systems than Tipp

It's only when you see it laid out,do you realise how far we are actually behind these county's and the likes of Offaly with whom we should be at least equal to.

Ogie

Offaly coaching & games are blowing us out of the water with the work they are doing at present.
I like the lads we have on board but can anyone say what's being done at the moment with our development panels ? Coaching Courses etc

Spiritof1915

Colaiste Mhuire Johnstown narrowly beat St Fergals Rathdowney in a windswept game in the Fenians pitch today.
Some good hurling considering the conditions. Very impressed with some of Fergal's players.
Touch just as good as if not better than that of Johnstown.
Both through to Leinster B QF in New Year.

Laois man

Many laois lads hurling with Johnston?

Spiritof1915

Quote from: Laois man on December 08, 2021, 06:36:10 PM
Many laois lads hurling with Johnston?
4 harps lads I believe started.. Rathdowney missing young Corby too. Very evenly matched. Very little between the teams. I know from my Kk connections that's a very highly rated colaiste mhuire team. And probably are the 2nd team school team in Kk this year

Laois man

Mountrath School play Tullamore Monday night I believe and hopefully will make the qfinal aswell.

burdizzo

Roscrea beat the crap out of Portlaoise last week in the 'C', I think. Something like 2-23 to 1-4.

clonadmad

Quote from: burdizzo on December 08, 2021, 08:04:43 PM
Roscrea beat the crap out of Portlaoise last week in the 'C', I think. Something like 2-23 to 1-4.

Hurling is in rag order inside in the CBS,they conceded to Roscrea in the Juvenile C last week,never informed the players and they are now done hurling till probably next September.

That's Cistercian College Roscrea in both games,God only knows what type of beating the main school in Roscrea would hand out to them

Football is slightly only slightly better

Soccer is king there now

Keyser Söze

Genuine question, and I'd prefer if names weren't mentioned.
There a few very well known and respected hurlers/hurling coaches working there.

Are they totally disinterested/unwilling?
Or is there some other reason that things are as bad as that?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

The Boy Wonder

Keyser Söze - you seem to have a namesakes on GAA Board.
Keyser soze posted smart alec comments re. new Laois jersey on New Jerseys thread on main GAA Discussion.
Maybe you would put manners on him  ;)

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

clonadmad

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on December 08, 2021, 11:48:03 PM
Keyser Söze - you seem to have a namesakes on GAA Board.
Keyser soze posted smart alec comments re. new Laois jersey on New Jerseys thread on main GAA Discussion.
Maybe you would put manners on him  ;)

He also has more posts than the Laois version