Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on November 02, 2021, 04:55:46 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 02, 2021, 04:37:38 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on November 02, 2021, 04:21:38 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 01, 2021, 08:32:29 PM

some of the Trumera lads were in with RPG at 15 and 17 this year,

some were also definitely in with mountrath at 15 as well,their best forward is a son of a well known Trumera stalwart.

But they definitely aren't in with RPG at 20

Trumera are with RPG at u20 only.
No Trumera players with RPG at u15 or u17 this year.

So what club were Trumera players playing with at u15 and u17 this year then?

I know their u15s definitely played with mountrath. Not sure about the 17s

They had 2 lads with mountrath at 15,they had the majority in with RPG

I know they are a small club and they are doing their best by any means to survive but maybe if they went in for a medium term amalgamation and bring all their players to the one club,it would be cleaner

Mountrath seems the logical choice,I know 7/8 of the Trumera lads that won the intermediate this year,all got their juvenile hiring education in mountrath.

Home Boys Home

I also heard Trumera were with RPG for the u20. Trumera have 5 or 6 good players at that age so will give RPG a big boost. Surprising to see Ballinakill Ballypickas in the B, probably around 7 of their u20s have hurled with Ballinakill Premier Intermediates this year and a couple of lads won the Junior with Ballypickas too, so they have a good base there and are probably better than a couple of teams in the A championship.

The A should be very competitive. Harps, Abbeyleix, Rathdowney Errill,  Borris Kilcotton and Clough Ballacolla will all hope to be there or thereabouts. Castletown and Camross both have some excellent individual players but are probably not as strong all round as the others at this particular age group.

Although Ciaran Burke is a big loss if out injured, I would say Harps are favourites, they will be very committed and strong all round from 1-15.  Abbeyleix will be be decent, but seem to have seen a couple of talented players drop away since Juvenile and as alluded to above, football might be an issue for them as nearly all are dual players.

Rathdowney Errill have a bye to semi final and will definitely be in the mix with the likes of Dylan Carroll, Thep Fitzpatrick and Padraig Rafter. Clough Ballacolla possibly would have won 2020 minor but for injuries to key players and they have the likes of Mark Hennessy, Cillian Dunne and Podge Brennan so again they will be competitive.  Borris Kilcotton will be strong too with Philip Tynan, Niall Coss and Noah Quinlan impressing in the Senior.

Hopefully we will get half decent weather and see a few good competitive matches.

burdizzo

Quote from: clonadmad on November 02, 2021, 05:43:05 PM

I know they are a small club and they are doing their best by any means to survive but maybe if they went in for a medium term amalgamation and bring all their players to the one club,it would be cleaner

Mountrath seems the logical choice,I know 7/8 of the Trumera lads that won the intermediate this year,all got their juvenile hiring education in mountrath.

What are you on about? No Trumera lads played u15 for RPG this year. Can you name one?
Trumera USED to have players w/ RPG, but that all stopped 3 or 4 years ago when they went to Mountrath. This year's u20 arrangement is the only RPG team Trumera have involvement in for a couple of years.

Laois man

Cbolla won the minor with mrath/Trumrea in 2018 around 8 or 9 of that panel were from Mrath/Trumrea. I wonder how are Cbolla for numbers now without some many missing from there minor panel? Harps probably the standout team at this grade.

clonadmad

Quote from: burdizzo on November 02, 2021, 05:58:56 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 02, 2021, 05:43:05 PM

What are you on about? No Trumera lads played u15 for RPG this year. Can you name one?
Trumera USED to have players w/ RPG, but that all stopped 3 or 4 years ago when they went to Mountrath. This year's u20 arrangement is the only RPG team Trumera have involvement in for a couple of years.

If you think I'm naming any child on a public forum,you've another thing coming

Have a look at the independent teams sent out by the CB at the start of this year

U15
Independent Teams
Clough Ballacolla Gaels
(Clough Ballacolla, Ballinakill & Ballypickas)
Na Fianna
(Ballyfin, Clonaslee St Manmans, Mountmellick & Slieve Bloom)
Raheen Parish Gaels
(Clonad, Colt, Shanahoe, Trumera)
St Pauls
(Courtwood & Emo)
Park Ratheniska Timahoe Gaels
(Annanough, Arles Killeen, Arles Kilcruise, Ballylinan
Crettyard, Graiguecullen, St Josephs, Stradbally)

U17
Independent Teams
Ballinakill & Ballypickas
Na Fianna
Raheen Parish Gaels
(Clonad, Colt, Shanahoe, Trumera, Emo & Courtwood)

burdizzo

Well, as you know, the county board often gets things wrong. St Paul's entered no team at u15, and played w/ RPG - and Trumera played with Mountrath.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on November 02, 2021, 07:12:58 PM

U15
Independent Teams
Clough Ballacolla Gaels
Na Fianna
Raheen Parish Gaels
St Pauls
(Courtwood & Emo)

U17
Independent Teams
Na Fianna
Raheen Parish Gaels

This is utterly ridiculous.
The hopping from area team to area team is bordering on underhand.
If you aren't good enough , go to the B.
If you don't have the numbers, play a significant number of players up from the grade below.
If this absolutely isn't an option, join with an established partner.
I really think the CB need to tidy this up.

If you want to join up with somebody at a particular grade and it is a geographically sound join up- Fine.

If you don't need to join up at other grades- OK

However if you want to go with Club B at one grade. You absolutely cannot form an alternative arrangement with Club C at another grade.

This would work two ways.
It would certainly put pressure on stronger clubs with enough players of their own.
Happy to facilitate a smaller club at u17 to increase your own chances? Great. But, be aware, if you don't need them at u13 and they need to go elsewhere, you can't have them at u17.

Bed hopping serves nobody, but ultimately reduces our playing pool on an annual basis.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Quote from: burdizzo on November 02, 2021, 07:20:50 PM
Well, as you know, the county board often gets things wrong. St Paul's entered no team at u15, and played w/ RPG - and Trumera played with Mountrath.

Really

here's one then for you how many registered Trumera players played with mountrath  at u15 this year?

Don't need names

just the number

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on November 02, 2021, 07:42:01 PM

U15
Independent Teams
Clough Ballacolla Gaels
Na Fianna
Raheen Parish Gaels
St Pauls
(Courtwood & Emo)

U17
Independent Teams
Na Fianna
Raheen Parish Gaels

If you don't have the numbers, play a significant number of players up from the grade below.

If you want to join up with somebody at a particular grade and it is a geographically sound join up- Fine.

However if you want to go with Club B at one grade. You absolutely cannot form an alternative arrangement with Club C at another grade.

It would certainly put pressure on stronger clubs with enough players of their own.
Happy to facilitate a smaller club at u17 to increase your own chances? Great. But, be aware, if you don't need them at u13 and they need to go elsewhere, you can't have them at u17.

Bed hopping serves nobody, but ultimately reduces our playing pool on an annual basis.

Excellent post

This whole bed hopping is a cancer on hurling development in this county

It's one thing clubs trying to pull short sighted strokes in the hope of winning cups in marriage of convenience short term amalgamations while killing themselves by whittling down their own player base.

But ultimately the blame lies with the County Board for facilitating this ongoing farce

The likes of the Harps who do their business right were cheated out of a few recent minor titles by this sort of shameful carry on

Spiritof1915

Quote from: clonadmad on November 02, 2021, 07:52:08 PM

U15
Independent Teams
Clough Ballacolla Gaels
Na Fianna
Raheen Parish Gaels
St Pauls
(Courtwood & Emo)

U17
Independent Teams
Na Fianna
Raheen Parish Gaels

Excellent post

It's one thing clubs trying to pull short sighted strokes in the hope of winning cups in marriage of convenience short term amalgamations while killing themselves by whittling down their own player base.

But ultimately the blame lies with the County Board for facilitating this ongoing farce

The likes of the Harps who do their business right were cheated out of a few recent minor titles by this sort of shameful carry on

I totally agree with both above posts.. How the county allow such amalgamations is a total kick in the arse to the games development. Every grade should be properly assessed at the start of the year. Even if they have to facilitate 11 a side championsbips, do it.
Nothing worse than the bed hopping that's been going on the last few years for underage titles

Keyser Söze

It took The Harps a few years to cop on too!

They went in with Clough Ballacolla (in the B) on a couple of occasions (going back a while granted!!) and were happy enough to facilitate Cha for a good few years when their numbers were absolutely not a problem!
Still, you are correct, those days appear to be long gone!

Barring Rathdowney Errill, I don't think there is a club who have actually stood totally on their own two feet for the last 15/20 years. Open to correction.

Is there any possibility of or basis for the CB establishing Parish Rule at juvenile level? Or recognized area teams that you can elect to be part of or not at any given grade in any given year.
IE- 4 or 5 Set Area teams.
You join the one you are assigned to or you play on your own.
No inbetweens or alternatives.
Somehow, I feel the attraction of winning a Minor as part of South Laois, East Laois or North Laois might not be quite as tempting as winning one as Club A/Club B (wearing Club A's jerseys).
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on November 02, 2021, 07:59:47 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 02, 2021, 07:52:08 PM

U15
Independent Teams
Clough Ballacolla Gaels
Na Fianna
Raheen Parish Gaels
St Pauls
(Courtwood & Emo)

U17
Independent Teams
Na Fianna
Raheen Parish Gaels

Excellent post

I totally agree with both above posts.. How the county allow such amalgamations is a total kick in the arse to the games development. Every grade should be properly assessed at the start of the year. Even if they have to facilitate 11 a side championsbips, do it.
Nothing worse than the bed hopping that's been going on the last few years for underage titles

I've seen it done in some counties

Where A is 15 a side
B 13
C 11
D 9

And there's no short term amalgamations allowed under any circumstances

I know of one county where there's a motion in for an u20 c championship in both codes and it also 11 a side to facilitate the small clubs

Laois man

burdizzo

Quote from: clonadmad on November 02, 2021, 07:45:56 PM

Really

here's one then for you how many registered Trumera players played with mountrath  at u15 this year?

Don't need names

just the number

There's at least two what I'd consider Trumera players. Don't know who they're registered with, to be honest.

clonadmad

Quote from: burdizzo on November 02, 2021, 10:32:28 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 02, 2021, 07:45:56 PM

Really

Don't need names

just the number

There's at least two what I'd consider Trumera players. Don't know who they're registered with, to be honest.

And yet all their playing lives they've been registered as Mountrath players

Mountrath seems to be a Trumera nursery club at this point