Gaelic Football - Rules & Regulations discussion/clarification

Started by BennyCake, September 09, 2014, 12:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on December 02, 2022, 05:02:13 PM
Rule 2.12 says player has up to 15 seconds to play the ball. Throw in if he takes longer.

That covers defensive forward and kick out marks?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2022, 05:36:31 PM
Rule 2.12 says player has up to 15 seconds to play the ball. Throw in if he takes longer.

Seems so.
To summarise..   says you can mark from kick out  or inside 45 from a kick in play.
Following procedures shall apply....15 seconds..

And me thinking you are a Ref ;D....or is it just the Hurley stuff you do?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on December 02, 2022, 05:50:35 PM

Seems so.
To summarise..   says you can mark from kick out  or inside 45 from a kick in play.

No I do both and have given the 15 seconds for all marks, it was a student that put the doubt in my head the other night!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

As well as drug testing maybe we should introduce Rules testing before lads are let play (or manage, ref, umpire, line or watch ) games :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on December 02, 2022, 06:28:01 PM
As well as drug testing maybe we should introduce Rules testing before lads are let play (or manage, ref, umpire, line or watch ) games :D

Unless you have the rules online on your phone  I doubt very much a player or manager would get 50% of a rules test

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2022, 05:54:54 PM

Seems so.

No I do both and have given the 15 seconds for all marks, it was a student that put the doubt in my head the other night!!
Thought a mark from kickout was less time?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 02, 2022, 08:20:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2022, 05:54:54 PM

Seems so.

Thought a mark from kickout was less time?

Confusing isn't it

Stall the Bailer

It used to be when first introduced and before there was a forward mark. The past few years all marks are 15 seconds.

blanketattack

Would it make sense for a player who gets black carded near the end of a game that has the possibility of going to extra time, to intentionally try to get a yellow card immediately in order to get a red card so his team will be back to 15 players for the start of extra time?
Start a schemozzle with some pushing and dragging would be the obvious way to get a yellow.

Armagh18

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on December 02, 2022, 09:54:32 PM
It used to be when first introduced and before there was a forward mark. The past few years all marks are 15 seconds.
Honestly never knew that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: blanketattack on December 15, 2022, 12:37:57 PM
Would it make sense for a player who gets black carded near the end of a game that has the possibility of going to extra time, to intentionally try to get a yellow card immediately in order to get a red card so his team will be back to 15 players for the start of extra time?
Start a schemozzle with some pushing and dragging would be the obvious way to get a yellow.

Or just fall down and hold your head!! Most games in the year will be league, and depending on your county it can be a knockout game so the reality is it may only happen once, as in when the house is down take him out.

But yeah, if that player is not a 'main' player and you can afford him to be carded again then yeah some tuned in manager will say that

Main Street

When the ref raises his arm to indicate a foul has been committed but playing advantage, can the player on the ball  (on seeing no prospects)  choose not play the advantage and take the free kick?

Milltown Row2

It's the ref that decides not the players (officially  ; )

marty34

The amount of lads that are not using gum shields these days is very high. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on February 26, 2023, 10:17:30 PM
The amount of lads that are not using gum shields these days is very high.

Seen maybe about two players using them today at a challenge game today