Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redandblackareback

Quote from: Mourne Rover on December 03, 2022, 09:34:25 PM
The NFL D3 fixtures should be officially released shortly but, barring some unexpected review, we are due to be away to Tipperary on the first weekend. Although it's a long journey to a county which has been getting better results than us over recent seasons, we need to target a win if we are serious about promotion.

Away to Tipp and home to Antrim... first two games we really should win comfortably. Panel is set to be cut next week and challenge games have been organised for this side of Christmas including a tasty one v Mayo.

downtothecore

Win comfortably?  We haven't won a game since 2021 so I dont think this will happen. I wud expect to see green shots though...

Truth hurts

Any Aughlisnafin members on the board? 

dingle82

Quote from: 6th sam on December 04, 2022, 05:03:12 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on December 04, 2022, 03:03:37 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on December 03, 2022, 08:11:27 PM
Well done to Liatroim winning the Ulster intermediate hurling final, brilliant achievement 👏

Well done indeed, a crack at some serious teams in the ai semifinal awaits.

Brilliant achievement by the Fontenoys.

Major achievement and performance. Number of players out the hand up for Down next season. The All Ireland series will be a step up in standard 

naka

Quote from: redandblackareback on December 04, 2022, 09:40:00 PM
The NFL D3 fixtures should be officially released shortly but, barring some unexpected review, we are due to be away to Tipperary on the first weekend. Although it's a long journey to a county which has been getting better results than us over recent seasons, we need to target a win if we are serious about promotion.

Away to Tipp and home to Antrim... first two games we really should win comfortably. Panel is set to be cut next week and challenge games have been organised for this side of Christmas including a tasty one v Mayo.
you are awy to louth also
home to offaly and lonford ( i belive)
all home games i understand to be saturday nightgames

johnnycool

Quote from: dingle82 on December 05, 2022, 10:13:34 AM
Quote from: 6th sam on December 04, 2022, 05:03:12 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on December 04, 2022, 03:03:37 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on December 03, 2022, 08:11:27 PM
Well done to Liatroim winning the Ulster intermediate hurling final, brilliant achievement 👏

Well done indeed, a crack at some serious teams in the ai semifinal awaits.

Brilliant achievement by the Fontenoys.

Major achievement and performance. Number of players out the hand up for Down next season. The All Ireland series will be a step up in standard 

They play Toureen of Mayo the weekend of the 17-18th, Toureen being the Mayo senior champions and having seen off the Roscommon senior finalists and the Galway intermediate winners.

Give it a good rattle is all you can ask.

Truth hurts

Well done Liatriom, the transfers worked well for you :)

sdg

Quote from: naka on December 05, 2022, 10:59:36 AM
Quote from: redandblackareback on December 04, 2022, 09:40:00 PM

you are awy to louth also
home to offaly and lonford ( i belive)
all home games i understand to be saturday nightgames
I think u will find louth are a Div 2 team

naka

Truth hurts

Fair play to St Marks Warrenpoint with 3 big wins this week. . But St Louis Kilkeel for a former McRory school look to be struggling. Is numbers an issue down there? Some great feeder clubs into it.

Nanderson

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 07, 2022, 10:09:42 AM
Fair play to St Marks Warrenpoint with 3 big wins this week. . But St Louis Kilkeel for a former McRory school look to be struggling. Is numbers an issue down there? Some great feeder clubs into it.
Think it has suffered from the feeder teams being significantly weaker than they were when school was competing well at macrory and maclarnon. The school has predominantly been at B level. Them few years at macrory were an anomaly backboned by a couple of strong teams like An Riocht and Rostrevor who would have been best u16 /minor teams in Ulster arguably at that stage and obviously a strong down minor team around then too. They had 3 players in 2005 team playing County u21 football at that time if my memory serves correct in Clarke colgan and ireland. Of the starting 15 for down minor in all ireland final 6 of them went to St louis

Truth hurts

The St Marks defeat at u16 was C level and it was a 20 point defeat. Sad to see St Louis closer to D level than ever.

charlieTully

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 07, 2022, 12:46:56 PM
The St Marks defeat at u16 was C level and it was a 20 point defeat. Sad to see St Louis closer to D level than ever.

I cry myself to sleep.

Truth hurts

Thoughts on the new jersey?
I don't like the white stripes.