Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 28, 2022, 09:52:47 AM
The only way we are going to go further is to introduce a new culture with our players and players like Caolan etc cant be part of it.
If we go to division 4 then so be it and the younger lads learn their corn and come through with a new culture.
I have listened to that grand national story a few times now and it gets worse every time  ;D The captain of the team rings a manager on a Friday before a training weekend prior to a championship game to see if they need to take the dancing shoes.

You can blame the county executive, the county board etc but the players need to examine their own conscience. As Peter McGrath junior said on last week's podcast, the Rostrevor players are now starting to question themselves after years of blaming managers and boys throwing the dummies out. Now they are realizing what it takes to be a senior footballer.

What has the Down discussion got to do with Rostrevor? Don't assume everything you read, watch and hear is true either. No harm to you but 'years of blaming managers' is firstly not what he said and secondly not true. Make sure you have the full picture if you're going to start opening that can of worms. Pretty easy for things to become 'true' just because they are said a few times. So this one needs parked.

Johnnysboys

Quote from: PTC on June 28, 2022, 10:13:20 PM
See burren seconds dumped out in the first round of premier reserves championship tonight having only scored 3 points.

Certainties

Death
Taxes
Burren get beat by Kilcoo

Truth hurts

Has anyone a copy of the teams from the match last night, were both teams strong?

DownbutnotOut

Séamus McEnaney has called time on his second spell as Monaghan senior football manager.

Would he be a option?

urbangael

Quote from: DownbutnotOut on June 29, 2022, 02:47:57 PM
Séamus McEnaney has called time on his second spell as Monaghan senior football manager.

Would he be a option?

Definitely not!  Have I missed something or has James McCartan vacated the post of Down Manager

manwithnoplan

Quote from: urbangael on June 29, 2022, 02:56:38 PM

Would he be a option?

Definitely not!  Have I missed something or has James McCartan vacated the post of Down Manager

You may have missed something, perhaps the season just completed by the Down footballers.

Truth hurts

Would he be a option?

For the vacant minor job?

Truth hurts

Seriously though, that's Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, and Antrim vacant. We need to rubber-stamp the appointment for next season or get moving on a replacement asap . We cannot be waiting to August again. The management committee and especially the selection committee should have learned from their mistakes that they waited too long. Call a meeting ASAP.

Truth hurts

For tomorrow night's games, I think that Loughinialnd v Ballyholland should be easy enough for the Island and this will put the Harps in major trouble. They cannot buy a win at present. Rgu v Warrenpoint will be the closest game in the division and whoever loses will be panicking.
If you are neutral and are thinking of going to any games then forget it as I am sure they will be friendlies with a organized ref. I don't blame them as they got enough points to get into that position and now they can prepare better for the championship.
Annaclone, Liatrom, the Kingdom and St Johns need to start getting a few wins as they are in danger of being cut off the main group.
The Clone might get a kick with their new manager

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 30, 2022, 12:51:56 PM
For tomorrow night's games, I think that Loughinialnd v Ballyholland should be easy enough for the Island and this will put the Harps in major trouble. They cannot buy a win at present. Rgu v Warrenpoint will be the closest game in the division and whoever loses will be panicking.
If you are neutral and are thinking of going to any games then forget it as I am sure they will be friendlies with a organized ref. I don't blame them as they got enough points to get into that position and now they can prepare better for the championship.
Annaclone, Liatrom, the Kingdom and St Johns need to start getting a few wins as they are in danger of being cut off the main group.

New manager?

Truth hurts

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on June 30, 2022, 01:40:42 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on June 30, 2022, 12:51:56 PM

New manager?

Justin Lynch has returned for the second coming.

Mourne Red

f**k that's some Hammering Bryansford give The Town there tonight

Lloyd p

I see teams in division 1 leagues have started at zero points again.. is that a mistake?

Mourne Red

Quote from: Lloyd p on July 01, 2022, 09:02:25 PM
I see teams in division 1 leagues have started at zero points again.. is that a mistake?

Yeh it's a mistake on the website.. Well that's what we were told anyways, wouldn't be fair to be relegated after finishing 5th and losing out on top 4 on H2H

African Sunset

I suppose when you go nearly thirty years without a provincial title, it's hardly surprising lads don't feel inspired to play for the county. The hunger just isn't there and lads are departing the county scene a bit too prematurely. There also appears to be a disconnect between club scene and the county these days.