Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downjim

Mourne Red ideally that would work with two games a week but Hurling and underage competitions need to come into reckoning too. Personally I think they should play all senior competitions and see where we are at. Trying to sort out reserve fixtures will be total carnage.
If county board are sorting seniors and minor fixtures for now then clubs could play 2 games a week, If every age group has fixtures then it with be a mess not to mention Ladies and Camogie who should be working away on something as well.

Centre 3/4

Round Robin Championship with each club guaranteed 3 championship games seems like ideal format put forward by other counties. Promotion and relegation doesn't seem viable as there is not enough time to complete full round of fixtures.

Lotto

Quote from: thewobbler on June 12, 2020, 08:09:10 AM
but I believe the County Secretary has put an end to your training when he put your senior team off the pitch recently.

You're happy to commit to writing that Seán Og McAteer entered a locked council facility and convinced/coerced/forced a large group of young males to leave the facility.

But I'm the fool?

Sorry about this lads. Catch a f**king grip on yourself. Everybody knows you have been training away when you shouldn't have been. You can talk all the shit you want to try and defend the indefensible. It's like trying to back that knob of a manager you had before Justy, and the style of shit shit football, never mind the antics, he played and you personally signed the cheques he was given Wobbler. Your club has really gone downhill in recent years.

wobbller

Quote from: hardstation on June 12, 2020, 11:19:04 PM
The friendly fire has just escalated somewhat....
The cousin seems to be in a pickle here.Although I'd say there were no cheques involved.

thewobbler

Quote from: Lotto on June 12, 2020, 11:16:29 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on June 12, 2020, 08:09:10 AM
but I believe the County Secretary has put an end to your training when he put your senior team off the pitch recently.

You're happy to commit to writing that Seán Og McAteer entered a locked council facility and convinced/coerced/forced a large group of young males to leave the facility.

But I'm the fool?

Sorry about this lads. Catch a f**king grip on yourself. Everybody knows you have been training away when you shouldn't have been. You can talk all the shit you want to try and defend the indefensible. It's like trying to back that knob of a manager you had before Justy, and the style of shit shit football, never mind the antics, he played and you personally signed the cheques he was given Wobbler. Your club has really gone downhill in recent years.

Finally we get to the nub of it.

You don't like Ballyholland.

Which is the ultimate reason why you are compelled to embellish rumours about this club.

There are no facts here. Just wild fantasies. Such as Sean Og climbing the gates of a council facility to throw people off it. Just a word of advice. If you have some factual information about rival club's misdemeanours, you don't strengthen your case by adding flavour, you weaken it.

And your problem, throughout this conversation, has been that the core story - groups of 5-6 lads training together on a council pitch, without mentors or supervision - isn't a story.

I'm going to make a stabby guess that you don't like Warrenpoint or Burren much either.

Smurfy123

What was wrong with 6 lads running around a field Lotto?
Can't see what the issue is?

Lotto

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 13, 2020, 04:15:32 PM
What was wrong with 6 lads running around a field Lotto?
Can't see what the issue is?
So you saw these 6 lads running around a field Smurfy? The source is a liar.

Mourne Red

Give over Lotto ffs, players all round the county been training together and posting on social media rather silly, as long as the 2m rule was followed who cares - Lets get back to talking about Football, any ideas when Championship/League draws will be made? Also was there any information given about supporters attending games? Are they permitted as long as social distancing is observed

Smurfy123

No I didn't but what's the problem
A field can be full of people in groups of 6(now 10) so long as they stick to the social distancing. So you could potentially have 100 running on a pitch doing nothing wrong(NO GAA PITCHES YET)
It is now a big thing to take a picture of lads out doing some training. Jesus get over it
Move on
In typical GAA fashion people are out to find the faults and holes
I seen 10 players out running this morning and I said to myself Jesus that's great to see.
If you wanna run get out and run
If you wanna shop get out and shop
If you wanna walk get out and walk
If you wanna stay indoors stay indoors

downjim

Can we forget about arguing about training ffs, every div 1 and 2 team are back training in every place other than their own pitch. Derrylecka, Milltown, Kilbroney, Tollymore, Annsborough and Kilcoo meadow to name a few. People giving  the Wobbler grief should really look at their own club ! Ps if you club is not doing any kind of fitness work NOW then i would be giving your senior manager grief and not wobbler.

What is your thoughts on the county board proposals? Personally i think they are ok and credit must go to getting them out. I think RGU and Castlewellan are griping that their is no promotion or relegation. Personally Castlewellan should be thankful as they will have another year in div 2 before they drop to div 3.

thewobbler

I don't really see the need for league finals, but it's a small gripe. Lot of games squeezed into a short space of time, and the SFC relegation will help keep things honest.

—-

Anyone looking for a promotion / relegation league system in such a truncated season,  likely needs a wee light shone on their eyes.

downjim

To be honest, compiling that fixture list would not be easy and it looks clear and transparent.
Down Gaa used to be a shambles at leagues, draws, cups etc but in the past numbers of years  it seems very professional.
Although we all want to win a championship or league title, we should all enjoy the few games we will have this year and chance of meet old friends and foes.
I for one wont be complaining about a long trip to the far end of the county on a Friday evening with a coffee and sandwich from a Petrol station.

Sandstorm

I'm sure that will be a great relief to them that they are not representing you!

wobbller

Quote from: yewtree on June 15, 2020, 11:45:38 PM
Quote from: Lotto on June 06, 2020, 12:08:36 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on June 06, 2020, 09:46:26 AM
Quote from: wobbller on June 06, 2020, 12:41:49 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on June 06, 2020, 12:18:30 AM
Ah I can handle the truth lads.

And it's the same thing here as it was when I jumped in a few weeks ago.

The only difference between a couple of men staying fit together, half a dozen men working in a group together on their fitness, and full-on senior club training, is how much someone wants to add to the rumour when it arrives with them.

The curse of the highly paid Coach strikes again and spoken like a true DUP Politician.
My cousin is now a clown.

Ah you see, now you're putting 2 and 3 together and getting a can of vegetable soup for your breakfast. Your response to me calling this out as Chinese whispers, is to add a highly paid mentor to the mix. I'm looking forward to you naming who this person is.

Ballyholland have not been training in any shape or form, at any grade, in either code, since 12th March.

Is that clear enough for you?

You are absolutely wrong there Wobbler. They have been training in Derryleckagh for a few weeks now, jumping the fence to get in. Some lad pops a knee or breaks an arm they are not covered by the GAA insurance never mind the transmission of the infection which can occur. I admire your strong defiance but I know what is going on, whether you choose to admit it or not.

Lads , so what if there is socially distanced training, any player looking an edge will have been doing it.The fixtures released look good considering the pandemic.For years I have been calling out for a condensed season, just maybe not as condensed as this.
A lot of guys locally are beginning to come round to my way of thinking on this.Championship is going to be real interesting this year and the guys have been on extensive running plans and I imagine in terms of fitness will be ahead of those up the mountains.Those ones win one Ulster and now they are 'Kings of Ulster' they won't reach the final this year.
Have been doing a little social distancing bbqs and all are in agreement they are not representative of us.
you are spewing again spewtree.

Last Caress

Quote from: yewtree on June 15, 2020, 11:45:38 PM
Quote from: Lotto on June 06, 2020, 12:08:36 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on June 06, 2020, 09:46:26 AM
Quote from: wobbller on June 06, 2020, 12:41:49 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on June 06, 2020, 12:18:30 AM
Ah I can handle the truth lads.

And it's the same thing here as it was when I jumped in a few weeks ago.

The only difference between a couple of men staying fit together, half a dozen men working in a group together on their fitness, and full-on senior club training, is how much someone wants to add to the rumour when it arrives with them.

The curse of the highly paid Coach strikes again and spoken like a true DUP Politician.
My cousin is now a clown.

Ah you see, now you're putting 2 and 3 together and getting a can of vegetable soup for your breakfast. Your response to me calling this out as Chinese whispers, is to add a highly paid mentor to the mix. I'm looking forward to you naming who this person is.

Ballyholland have not been training in any shape or form, at any grade, in either code, since 12th March.

Is that clear enough for you?

You are absolutely wrong there Wobbler. They have been training in Derryleckagh for a few weeks now, jumping the fence to get in. Some lad pops a knee or breaks an arm they are not covered by the GAA insurance never mind the transmission of the infection which can occur. I admire your strong defiance but I know what is going on, whether you choose to admit it or not.

Lads , so what if there is socially distanced training, any player looking an edge will have been doing it.The fixtures released look good considering the pandemic.For years I have been calling out for a condensed season, just maybe not as condensed as this.
A lot of guys locally are beginning to come round to my way of thinking on this.Championship is going to be real interesting this year and the guys have been on extensive running plans and I imagine in terms of fitness will be ahead of those up the mountains.Those ones win one Ulster and now they are 'Kings of Ulster' they won't reach the final this year.
Have been doing a little social distancing bbqs and all are in agreement they are not representative of us.
"US" ? You mean your bbq friends....just when you think we are getting through this corona virus, the old bullshite virus returns.