Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrocks Gaelp

Highlander3

Quote from: Shamrocks Gaelp on December 21, 2014, 06:22:53 PM
Can't find it anywhere!

It's on their Facebook page

What happened with Grimley from St. Paul's, when I watched that minor team I thought he was one of our better players?

Line Ball

DOWN UNDER 21 FOOTBALL SQUAD 2015
BRYANSFORD ; Aaron McDonald , Rory Wells, Conor Devlin, Mark Reid
BALLYHOLLAND ; Niall McKevitt
BOSCO ; Aaron Beattie
BURREN ; Cathal Foy, Brendan McKernan, Tadhg Murdock
CASTLEWELLAN ; Rory Burns, Cathal Keown , Conal Corrigan
CARRYDUFF ; Peter Lavery, Sean Mc Gonagle
CPN; Ryan Magee, Donagh McAleenan, Aaron Magee
CLONDUFF ; Liam McGreevy
DOWNPATRICK ; Conor McGrady, Anthony Doherty,
DARRAGH CROSS ; Joe McKinney, Shane Murray
GLASDRUMMAN ; Cathal Rodgers
GLENN ; John O'Hare
KILCOO ; Martin Devlin, Aidan Fulcher
LOUGHINISLAND ; Aaron McClements, Rory Mason, Sean Cochrane,
MAYOBRIDGE ; Cory Quinn, Barry Cunningham
ROSTREVOR ; Conor Doyle,
SAVAL ; Pat Havern, Keelan Rice, Ryan Malone
TULLYLISH ; Joe McDermott

Very strange selection as I wouldn't know a number of these players.  How can you make a county U.21 squad when you can't make your club senior team?

Shamrocks Gaelp

No donal mckeever or Michael o'hare? Both top quality senior players and played well in both U21 finals a few weeks ago. Ronan McAlinden is one of An Riochts best players and only out of minors in 2012? Someone tell me these boys are illegible, please. Also highlander, Tom Grimley was a great player at midfield and full forward for the minors in 2012 and 2013, but I don't think he even played against kilclief when they beat St pauls in the championship this year

Line Ball

Report from the same panel 3 years ago as minors.

Down minors defeat Fermanagh in Brewster quarter-final

A second-half goal from Jack Haughey helped Down to a 1-11 to 1-8 victory over Fermanagh in Sunday's Ulster MFC quarter-final at Brewster Park.
The Mourne team held a 0-4 to 0-2 lead at the break and moved four points ahead early in the second half.
Fermanagh hit back with a 43rd minute goal from substitute Thomas McCaffrey.
Haughey slid in Down's goal six minutes later and the visitors went on to win by three points to set up a semi-final clash against Monaghan.

Down: R Burns, A McDonald, A Doherty, M O'Hare, D McKeever (0-1), R Wells, J McDermott (0-1), D Doyle (0-2), D McCarthy, C Gallagher, S McGonigle (0-1), R McAlinden, J Haughey (1-2), T Grimley (0-1), C McGrady (0-1). Subs: D McAleenan (0-1) for McGrady, P O'Hgaan for McGonigle, D McKeown (0-1) for Gallagher

1. R Burns  c'wellan
2. A Mcdonald  b'ford
3. A Doherty  d'patrick
4. M O'Hare  w'point
5. D Mckeever  carryduff
6. R Wells  b'ford
7. J Mcdermott  tullylish
8. D Doyle  an riocht
9. D Mccarthy  saval
10. C Gallagher  bosco
11. S Mcgonigle  carryduff
12. R Mcalinden  an riocht
13. J Hauhey   shamrocks
14. T Grimley  st pauls
15. C Mcgrady  d'patrick

Leftmidfield

Can't understand why Miceal O'Hare CPN is not on the panel. I have watched him for CPN seniors who won Ulster Intermediate and CPN under 21's who won Down recently and he has been fantastic.

Line Ball

Starters from the minors in 2012 not even in the panel are Miceal O'Hare, Darren Doyle, Daniel Mc Carthy, Ronan Mc Alinden, Jack Haughey, Tom Grimley and I am sure there are other lads who were in this panel who have made good progress since. What point is Dawson trying to prove here, that he knows Down players better than any trials will prove?  His arrogance has always gotten the better of him and I guarantee that some of the names listed above will be in his panel come championship time.

Shamrocks Gaelp

Maybe he just didn't pick players who didn't go to trials? Who knows? It's a joke all the same, Daniel McCarthy, Donal McKeever, Tom Grimley all were out of minor at 2013 never mind 2012! What is frank playing at! What's the point in picking who very rarely make an appearance for their club seniors when there is some real 'cream of the crop' players out there whom have been playing in the county colours (wether or be minor,u17 etc) and consistently for the club seniors for the past few years!

Centre 3/4

Toms only back from a torn cruciate played towards end of most of carryduffs u21 c'ship games but will take time coming back

Centre 3/4

4 bryansford boys in and 3 from the point tells it's own story bryansfords u21s were atrocious

Shamrocks Gaelp

3 saval men too? However they are good players, they're 'thrown together last minute' 'ballysaval' team was nothing to go by on though

One in All in

Find it hard to believe that Michael O'Hare having starred in Intermediate Championship and U 21 wins is not in top 36 U 21 players in the County. We must have some defence!

elk

Quote from: One in All in on December 22, 2014, 09:56:36 AM
Find it hard to believe that Michael O'Hare having starred in Intermediate Championship and U 21 wins is not in top 36 U 21 players in the County. We must have some defence!
Looking at the names on the list and in my opinion O'Hare has played as well if not better than most of them this year including his own team mates. Surprised me to not see the names of Mc Alinden and Doyle from the Kingdom and Mc Keever from Carryduff on the panel.

supersub

Perhaps the boys you mentioned didn't go to the trials - maybe you should investigate that before giving out. If they deem themselves too good for/not bothered about trials that isn't the attitude needed IMO. If they went and didn't get on that's a different issue.

outinfront