Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamFever

Quote from: downjim on June 24, 2020, 11:47:56 AM
Why would you want to see a photo of u17s training you weirdo?
Cut out that type of innuendo, no need for that DownJim.He is only trying to put this point
across on the issue

befair

Quote from: SamFever on June 29, 2020, 10:41:03 PM
Cut out that type of innuendo, no need for that DownJim.He is only trying to put this point
across on the issue
I am concerned that the above innuendo could be libellous; the moderators should take action

5times5times

Quote from: befair on June 30, 2020, 11:53:24 PM
across on the issue
I am concerned that the above innuendo could be libellous; the moderators should take action

I see he still hasnt addressed my latest point either..

Mourne Red

Quote from: 5times5times on July 01, 2020, 11:38:05 AM
across on the issue

Who is your club 5times?

5times5times

Quote from: Mourne Red on July 01, 2020, 01:42:04 PM
across on the issue

Who is your club 5times?

The kingpins of Down & Ulster #utm... Why might i ask??

Mourne Red

Quote from: 5times5times on July 01, 2020, 05:55:25 PM
across on the issue

Who is your club 5times?

I thought you were complaing about club players training together but you were talking about County sorry.. Well done on last year bw=tw.

Back to football, Leagues and Championships are being brought forward, we were told last night at training.. League starts 2 weeks on Friday Really is a joke that we have time cut short to get ready, can do all the running you want but it doesn't replicate training

Looks like County Management are wanting more time with players

True Blue

Quote from: Mourne Red on July 02, 2020, 09:21:01 AM
across on the issue

Who is your club 5times?

I thought you were complaing about club players training together but you were talking about County sorry.. Well done on last year bw=tw.

Back to football, Leagues and Championships are being brought forward, we were told last night at training.. League starts 2 weeks on Friday Really is a joke that we have time cut short to get ready, can do all the running you want but it doesn't replicate training

It doesn't matter when the leagues start or end. Every county manager gets their players on 14th September.

"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't ..." ... please all the people all of the time"
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

wobbller

Quote from: True Blue on July 03, 2020, 12:30:43 AM
Quote from: Mourne Red on July 02, 2020, 09:21:01 AM
across on the issue

Who is your club 5times?

It doesn't matter when the leagues start or end. Every county manager gets their players on 14th September.

"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't ..." ... please all the people all of the time"
What a thought provoking post after nearly two years away from the Board.

thewobbler

I don't understand the mindset Mourne Red.

The league this year is a series of glorified friendlies and you're giving off because they've been brought forward, thereby limiting the need for your club to organise friendlies.

Meanwhile the championship earns a week of two's breathing space which means a penalty shoot out might be avoidable.

County board can't win if you reckon this is an issue.

Mourne Red

Quote from: thewobbler on July 03, 2020, 08:43:22 AM

The league this year is a series of glorified friendlies and you're giving off because they've been brought forward, thereby limiting the need for your club to organise friendlies.

Meanwhile the championship earns a week of two's breathing space which means a penalty shoot out might be avoidable.

Injuries - Player Welfar etc... as I said in my original post, yes we've all been out running doing our own stuff but it doesn't replicate what you do in training, less than 3 weeks to train up to league pace then 3 weeks to get into Championship pace.

This doesn't allow management to get players into right condition and I wouldn't be surprised if there's an increase in injuries, we've had 2 so far from 2 sessions

And from what I've heard and I mentioned in my post They've also brought championship forward thewobbler so there's no breathing space

thewobbler

Quote from: Mourne Red on July 03, 2020, 10:17:35 AM

Injuries - Player Welfar etc... as I said in my original post, yes we've all been out running doing our own stuff but it doesn't replicate what you do in training, less than 3 weeks to train up to league pace then 3 weeks to get into Championship pace.

This doesn't allow management to get players into right condition and I wouldn't be surprised if there's an increase in injuries, we've had 2 so far from 2 sessions

And from what I've heard and I mentioned in my post They've also brought championship forward thewobbler so there's no breathing space

Honestly I think you're a wee bit caught up in the death-by-training myth espoused by managers. If professional footballers can return to competitive football within a fortnight of training, there is no reason on this earth why GAA players would need longer. Especially for a league with no promotion / relegation.

Regarding muscle injuries, these happen all the time in football. I'd think you're looking out for them now with some sort of cause and effect scenario being played out, when they literally happen all the time (and I've the physio bills to prove it). In my experience, the only training sessions which have a full availability of players starting and finishing the session are those in the week before championship round 1, and those in the week before a championship final.

Mourne Red

Quote from: thewobbler on July 03, 2020, 11:09:52 AM

Honestly I think you're a wee bit caught up in the death-by-training myth espoused by managers. If professional footballers can return to competitive football within a fortnight of training, there is no reason on this earth why GAA players would need longer. Especially for a league with no promotion / relegation.

Regarding muscle injuries, these happen all the time in football. I'd think you're looking out for them now with some sort of cause and effect scenario being played out, when they literally happen all the time (and I've the physio bills to prove it). In my experience, the only training sessions which have a full availability of players starting and finishing the session are those in the week before championship round 1, and those in the week before a championship final.

Premier League had a month of training before going into matches.. They also don't have jobs to go to so can focus on recovery, can't speak for other clubs players but with us majority of us are still working. Premier League have also increased amount of substitutes allowed and introduced water breaks due to increased threat of injuries.

I know we won't agree but I just think it is a poor move by the county board - And yes their may not be promotion/relegation but still a League Trophy and of course a Championship title to play for.

Lotto

Hopefully you won't get too many injuries in your challenge match tomorrow morning Wobbler, you don't need more physio bills especially as you aren't covered by GAA insurance to play the game. As club secretary I'm sure you know about this game? Just a short trip up the Dublin road but why the early start?

Last Caress

Quote from: Lotto on July 03, 2020, 08:48:31 PM

Hopefully you won't get too many injuries in your challenge match tomorrow morning Wobbler, you don't need more physio bills especially as you aren't covered by GAA insurance to play the game. As club secretary I'm sure you know about this game? Just a short trip up the Dublin road but why the early start?
Just say what you want to say lotto. Share what you have.

Smurfy123

Jesus lotto you have something against Ballyholland
U keep calling them out even though most clubs are at it
You can't argue with that