Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brick Tamlin

anyone care to stick the article up here?

guevara

Quote from: Shamrocks Gaelp on January 05, 2015, 06:29:04 PM
Reports in the Irish News say that Gearard McGovern had fermanaghs best player (for the past 4 years) Sean Quigley 'well marshalled' as he only scored one point fom play. They also reported that he and Micky Cunningham are 'within McCorrys plans' for the full panel. Any truth to this?

The same Gerard McGovern that was ran all over the place against The Point in the U-21 Final? How Miceal O'Hare isn't deemed good enough for the Down U-21 Panel is farcical.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

FermGael

Quote from: Shamrocks Gaelp on January 05, 2015, 06:29:04 PM
Reports in the Irish News say that Gearard McGovern had fermanaghs best player (for the past 4 years) Sean Quigley 'well marshalled' as he only scored one point fom play.

In one word no
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Brick Tamlin

For the unwashed among us it might be beneficial to give us their full names and clubs perhaps.
Or at least a little more detail.

supersub

There must be good reasons some of these lads aren't on the panel - not sure who some of them are however Jordan Fegan and Tomas Mulholland from Rostrevor were injured (long term) and unable to commit respectively at the time of the trials.

Brick Tamlin

I think il go with Dawson's judgement on this one.
Why anyone would leave so called better players off a panel is just strange, so there must be rational reasons for their selections.
The management team are employed to choose the most suitable players to represent us at U21 level. Sometimes this isn't always the most talented or celebrated.
U21 is a tricky grade and there can be lots of reasons why people don't make county panels.

Smurfy123

First post.
Some selections that you have made are laughable ulster man
I'll not name any individuals but that defence is terrible.As brick tamlin  has said I will trust Frank on this one.You must have been one of the lads left out ulster man??

Pangurban

Realistically we need to write this season off, then get rid off Mc Corry who should never have been appointed in the first place. I would not question his commitment, but his lack of ability is plain for all to see.

Aristo 60

Some craic in January Pangurban.

islandchampions08

Quote from: Pangurban on January 08, 2015, 02:05:15 PM
Realistically we need to write this season off, then get rid off Mc Corry who should never have been appointed in the first place. I would not question his commitment, but his lack of ability is plain for all to see.

this must be a wind up ? surely you cant be serious? the man has played one match with 75% of the starting line up new to the county set up.
many may say that his stance on the established players is harsh but maybe he is trying to build a strong team of workers to compensate for the lack of real class that just isn't in down football at the minute

but to say right the season off after one game is crazy

5 Sams

Quote from: islandchampions08 on January 08, 2015, 02:41:17 PM
Quote from: Pangurban on January 08, 2015, 02:05:15 PM

this must be a wind up ? surely you cant be serious? the man has played one match with 75% of the starting line up new to the county set up.
many may say that his stance on the established players is harsh but maybe he is trying to build a strong team of workers to compensate for the lack of real class that just isn't in down football at the minute

but to say right the season off after one game is crazy

No harm to you Islandchampions08 but put the mouse down/take your finger off the pad  and do a bit more reading on here before commenting on a post like that;-)
The Aristocrat Years

rosskarr

5 Sams, what do you mean ?

islandchampions08

No harm to you Islandchampions08 but put the mouse down/take your finger off the pad  and do a bit more reading on here before commenting on a post like that;-)
[/quote]

WHAT AM I MISSING?

Smurfy123

Where are we going to play Mooney against Kildare?I would like to see him tried in midfield along with big Turley.Turley can be the defensive midfielder and let Mooney attack.I think he is going to be frightening going forward.I for one can't wait to see him play in the red and black.He is going to make a massive difference to Down football this year.Whats peoples thoughts on the team v Kildare.Here goes
Cunningham
O Hagen
McArdle
Howard
McKernan
Garvey
D Turley
Mooney
P Turley
R Johnstone
Poland
Maginn
O Hare
Johnstone
Laverty

Lads to come in...Madine,Carr,Collins,Devlin,.I would say that I have missed someone big

5 Sams

Pangur ban is takin the piss lads.....do you really think along standing poster on here like him is going to make a judgement like that on McCorry after one McKenna Cup game....wake up lads.    (Btw if he is serious I'll give him a bollockin myself.)
The Aristocrat Years