The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never beat the deeler

Belated post, but I joined the club myself 3 months ago today with a baby girl!

Lots of ups and downs in the first 3 months, but getting better every day, and now that she can react and smile and babble, it is all the more rewarding.
Was a bit tough when the family's flights were cancelled (we're in Sydney) but I think it was more the feeling of isolation than any actual help they would have provided

Hasta la victoria siempre

balladmaker

Congrats to all of the new Daddies! 

Had our first when I was 30, had our 4th when I was 40 ... the 4th was the toughest!  Don't know whether it was age or what, but the lack of sleep at 40 seemed to hit exponentially hard for some reason.  All good fun ... in hindsight 😊

An Watcher

Our two arrived when I was 38 and 41. Always wondered if things would have been easier if we had them younger.

tc_manchester

Had my first at 42 and then twins at 45. The twins were actually easier that the first one for me. Probably due to the fact that I knew what to expect and that I was able to work from home. We split the twins at night so that I fed and slept with one in a room downstairs and my wife had the other boy upstairs. Whenever I hear of someone expecting twins I love to tell them of the day that I changed 18 nappies and 4 baby grows in the one day. That was one shitty day.

Farrandeelin

Congrats to all the new dads.

Was clueless myself before baby Farr arrived, no previous experience of babies or anything. Took me three weeks to really get settled into the role. It's great seeing the developments though as they happen.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

brokencrossbar1

Congratulations to the new dads....make the most of the social distancing and tell the nosey hoors you'll see them all when things ease off! 

My latest wee one is 8 months today. The youngest of my elder kids is 13. The difference second time round was unbelievable in what you have available. Get the Tommee Tippee bottle maker. Get the babies off the boob ASAP as it's life changing. They say 6 months but as someone who reared 3 on the bottle it make feck all odds. Be very very patient with the mummies as they have been through hell and back. It will take them minimum 6 months to feel semi normal so you will have to be very understanding. And sure the rest of it all comes to you as you go on.

PadraicHenryPearse

thanks for all the well wishes and bits of advice.. got the little lad home now and all good so far.. congrats to all the other new dads too.

Eamonnca1

What a cool thread! Our little one is going on 17 months. It was daunting as hell at the start (I was 44 when she was born) but with everyone being so supportive it was easier than I expected to get into the role. She started sleeping all the way through the night after a couple of months and has been very little trouble since (touching every available piece of wood). It is exhausting at times, particularly with the pandemic and our weekend options curtailed. We're torn as to whether or not we want to go for a second one. My wife is just turning 40 in December, so the window is narrowing.

bogball88

Jell 0 Biafra

It's a great time.  Challenging, especially sleep-wise, but great.  Congratulations, BB!

Eamonnca1

Forgot all about this thread. Update: We went for a second one and now he's two! So we have a girl and a boy. He's in toilet training and we're hoping to get through that soon, it'll be a major milestone. When he stops napping that'll open up a lot of other possibilities too.

The Subbie

Quote from: bogball88 on January 18, 2024, 01:04:55 AM1 week in  :o

Stay strong
Hang in there

It gets easier
Had sons birthday yesterday - 11 year old
It flies by !

andoireabu

Congrats BB, it's tough but brilliant at the same time.

Forgot about this thread when our two were born. Pandemic babies so there wasn't much social interaction with other new mammies for the Mrs. after they were born which I think was very tough on her, even to just get outside the house for a while. Just turned 3 and there is serious craic in them now their personalities are coming through. And to watch their development is unreal.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

bogball88

The unopened Tommy Tippee machine is lying up in the attic winking at us in an inviting way

trueblue1234

Quote from: bogball88 on January 18, 2024, 08:32:57 AMThe unopened Tommy Tippee machine is lying up in the attic winking at us in an inviting way
No no no. That means you get dragged into the equation for night feeds!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit