Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 25, 2014, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 20, 2014, 11:39:01 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 20, 2014, 11:23:03 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 20, 2014, 11:20:12 PM
Clearly not.

So, what have you actually won?  ::)
I'm not talking about Monaghan. I'm making reference to the fact that the poster who claimed: "Monaghan don't beat Tyrone" now reckons that "Us Tyronnies are well aware of our limitations...."

Jesus. You boys are actually serious.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Clearly not.

I'm not talking about Monaghan. I'm making reference to the fact that the poster who claimed: "Monaghan don't beat Tyrone" now reckons that "Us Tyronnies are well aware of our limitations...."

Over your head is right then, really.

Shouldn't be so sensitive, that's what it's all about, and at the end of last Sunday, Monaghan were still in the Ulster and we weren't -- well done, and big deal.

You have another game coming up, which I would have expected your (collective) energies to have been more focused on. But no, you'd rather dwell on this 'momentous' victory. Get over it.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

screenexile

Quote from: ONeill on June 20, 2014, 11:45:58 PM
Clearly not.

Jesus. You boys are actually serious.

I don't doubt you were having a laugh Oneill but I'm pretty sure the rest of the comments quoted were serious!!! A couple of those lads have previous in terms of being deluded about their team ...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: screenexile on June 21, 2014, 12:02:34 AM
I don't doubt you were having a laugh Oneill but I'm pretty sure the rest of the comments quoted were serious!!! A couple of those lads have previous in terms of being deluded about their team ...

So only ONeill was in jest, and all the rest weren't, even though only "a couple" of them have previous -- all we need, an innumerate Derryman in the mix!  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Schkite

Funny the Tyrone lads going on about us being ungracious and having no class. I don't agree, but you're going to get a bit of slagging when you write us off easily in the build-up. I'm sure a few of those were on the wind up and that's all good craic, but equally I've no doubt others were serious and dismissed our chances.

So unfortunately you're going to get this reaction afterwards. Suck it up lads, we've had to take enough defeats to ye hoors in the last decade!  ;) You'll regroup in the back door and there's every chance we'll meet again down the line. I've been more focused on the Armagh game for a few days now, but it's hard to forget about this, especially when this thread has been near the top of the page every time I look in here.

Maguire01

BennyHarp

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 04, 2014, 05:07:25 PM
So, Darren Hughes has had his black card overturned. McCurry's overturned as well.

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=219727

Maybe it's time they just overturned the decision to introduced the black card?
That was never a square ball!!

Rossfan

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 04, 2014, 08:22:43 PM
So, Darren Hughes has had his black card overturned. McCurry's overturned as well.

"they" can't. Would have to be done at Congress  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 04, 2014, 09:12:54 PM

Who would want to go back to the days when every Tom, Dick and Sean thought it was ok to drag down players any time they broke into anything approaching space? The cost-benefit of that decision has hugely changed now and players are far less willing to risk seeing the line unless they feel it is absolutely necessary.

You can argue the unevenness of the application but as a tool for scaring defenders into behaving better it has been a huge success.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Syferus on July 04, 2014, 09:20:33 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 04, 2014, 09:12:54 PM

Who would want to go back to the days when every Tom, Dick and Sean thought it was ok to drag down players any time they broke into anything approaching space? The cost-benefit of that decision has hugely changed now and players are far less willing to risk seeing the line unless they feel it is absolutely necessary.

You can argue the unevenness of the application but a tool for scaring defenders into behaving better it has been a huge success.

I agree, I think the evenness will come with time and perhaps tuning.. The principle is correct, the application arguably not.